T Nation

Has Public's Perception Changed Bodybuilding?

I don’t follow bodybuilding much so my question could be retarded but…

How has the change in the public perception of ‘fitness’ (eg: legs not important, a more toned look (whatever the fuck that means), etc…) changed the physique of bodybuilders?

[quote]Geddan wrote:
I don’t follow bodybuilding much so my question could be retarded but…

How has the change in the public perception of ‘fitness’ (eg: legs not important, a more toned look (whatever the fuck that means), etc…) changed the physique of bodybuilders?[/quote]

Wow, you really haven’t kept up with bodybuilding trends, have you? Well, the pubic’s perceptions of ‘fitness’ has truly transformed the status quo of bodybuilders. “Mass Monsters” are long forgotten. X-frame is passe. “Big arms” don’t mean much anymore.

“Thin Is In” is the chant.

This guy is shoe-in for the next Olympia!

Even ‘figure models’ have been influenced by the public’s demands for thin representation.

The public thinks Jamie Eason is so manly.

This is who will be on the cover of fitness mags in the near future!

I’m not talking about how the public perception of fitness has changed because that is pretty obvious. I’m asking whether it has affected pro/amateur BBing standards.

only to combat that walking skeleton steelyD posted … gross

[quote]polo77j wrote:
only to combat that walking skeleton steelyD posted … gross[/quote]

Thanks Polo! I loves the Jamie Eason.

Bruins suck.

[quote]Geddan wrote:
I’m not talking about how the public perception of fitness has changed because that is pretty obvious. I’m asking whether it has affected pro/amateur BBing standards.[/quote]

Gee, why not follow pro bodybuilding and tell us?

Why has no body said it yet dammit all I read about last year for fucks sake.

Fucking 010 er’s.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fucking 010 er’s. [/quote]

Your class was way worse. There is “retard” and then there is “full retard”. 09 broke the bank on full retard.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fucking 010 er’s. [/quote]

Your class was way worse. There is “retard” and then there is “full retard”. 09 broke the bank on full retard.[/quote]

Okay but I am old school dammit. I was on this site back in 2002-03.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Geddan wrote:
I’m not talking about how the public perception of fitness has changed because that is pretty obvious. I’m asking whether it has affected pro/amateur BBing standards.[/quote]

Gee, why not follow pro bodybuilding and tell us?[/quote]

Shhhhhh… You almost gave it away. Google is still a big secret.