Has Dating Changed in the Last 5 to 10 Years?

Great post!

I always thought dudes were super square for getting married early. But any single woman over 25 is like, crazy. The square dudes were just locking in the 5 star recruits, early.

You always hear women say “all the good ones are taken,” so women must feel this way too.

If you want to look good to ladies, maybe wear a wedding ring around?

Rings are OK, but a cute little six month old is best.

Babies do some kind of magic on younger women. Its crazy.

Haha, nothing to add to this conversation but Hebrewhero is a total toolbag. Some of the shit this dude has posted on here is ridiculous.

1 Like

I’ve been out of the dating game for the last 10 years, just recently getting back into it.

I don’t think it has changed much. Women still like to laugh, be flattered, and have engaging conversations. If you are a well-mannered gentleman who can show them a good time and maybe whisper a dirty joke or two into their ears to get the imagination going, you should be golden. There’s still good matches and bad matches. Some expect too much from you, others not enough. Same as it was 10 years ago, but with smartphones.

If anything, dating is a helluva lot easier with 10 years of maturity and achievement under my belt. I can’t really see what I was so worried about when I was a young lad.

2 Likes

Exactly this for me, too, except I was out of the dating market longer. My experience flew in the face of TNation wisdom - dating in my 40s was, if anything, easier and pleasanter than in my early 20s because I was a better judge of character and had considerably more confidence in myself. I also had an advantage in that not all women my age are fit, and not all men my age want a woman in a different phase of life (i.e. he has older kids, she still wants to have some) or one who will pretend physical attraction to gain financial advantage.

1 Like

OP you need to get on this.
…seems to me all the kidzz are rutting like bunnies with all these apps.

Also Happn. -If you pass through NYC/big city etc the quality is nuts

This here…just sit in Bryant Park during lunch hour in the summer…
its like fucking Baskin Robbins with all 30 flavors

I am not in the dating market, at all, but I have some observations as an older, successful male, who is (and looks) extremely fit, and married to a successful woman almost 20 years my junior:

1. What women want is often situational dependent. Years ago, when I was a trial lawyer (commercial stuff, moved on to M&A years ago), I had several instances where women jurors would try to contact me to date me during the trial or afterwards. Caused a mistrial in one instance. I think this was about power and competence (and an expensive suit and perceived wealth).

2. Women of today, in particular professional women of today (e.g., baby lawyers in their 20s) are very aggressive in going after older partners who have their lives together. This has happened not only to me (who didn’t bite), but to many of my partners over time. The norm in cities seems to be a 10-15 year age difference.

I think this is a combination of “wanting it all NOW,” power, and the male lawyers (or whatever profession) of their vintage are sleeping with Tinder hos and not ready to have a relationship. One very pretty doctor friend of Mrs. (Dr.) Jewbacca basically confessed to her she wanted Mrs. Jewbacca’s life. It seemed harmless at the time, until at a party, she got rather handsy with me, saying she “missed big arms of guys at the gym” and “wanted to feel my arms.” I was flattered, but not only am I strictly religious (and try not to touch women not my wife, daughters, mom, etc) and take my oath to my wife very seriously.

1. Women of 30+ take better care of themselves than men 30+. Men seem to give up, in general, caring about their health and appearance. Basically all my friends from college are fat slobs, with the exception of my gym rat friends, who all still look good. If you are a fit man (and also successful), women of your age and 10-15 years younger are chasing you down, because you are outnumbered 4:1 (making up that ratio, but it’s a high number, certainly more than 2:1 or 3:1).
1 Like

Well written. I agree.

I was flattered, but not only am I strictly religious (and try not to touch women not my wife, daughters, mom, etc) and take my oath to my wife very seriously.

Big props on this…esp. in this day and age.

1 Like

No Kidding! I take my son out to the local parks and walking trails a few times a week to burn off some energy. The women out there in my age bracket far outnumber the men- possibly by more than that ratio. The few guys out there look like they’re either recovering from their first cardiac event or making a last ditch effort before resigning to a life of pacemakers and insulin monitors.

I swear all it takes is make them laugh and be good at something.

I am not a rich man, pretty average looking, but I have dated everything from ditsy hairdressers to mega-ambitious corporate go getters because I can make them laugh and I’m a good singer/guitarist.

That’s all I’ve ever needed.

1 Like

These are both men around ~50 years old. Which is more representative of the average 50 year old man?

1)Men work longer hours than women so it’s probably much easier for women as a whole to make time for nutrition/excercise

1. Looks are more valuable for women than men.

Get over it! It is what it is. I am right and you were wrong. Move on!

1 Like

You clearly aren’t reading the thread. Only ultra-fit successful men in their 50s can date women much younger which there are few and far between.

Okay, you can see it anyway you want. And I clearly stated that where I live that’s how to rolls. It may be different where you are from, but here it is the norm. I pretty much know everybody in my little town, and NONE of the 50 yo look like that.

Fair enough. I only have experience in big cities in the northeast

1 Like

I’ll give an example ripped from today’s headlines. Witness one Anthony Weiner, fake husband of one Huma Abedeen, Hillary’s not-so-secret lover, and former editor of a radical Sharia periodical that loved to print jihadist conspiracy theories about Jews:

He’s 51, ugly as hell, but fit, in an urban cardio sort of way:

Now witness the strange pussy he was obtaining, which I don’t blame him, given the nature of his relationship — (which I apparently have to put in the next post, as there is apparently a one-picture limit)

The strange he was pulling down:

Not bad at all, for a dude with a face like a frog.

He’s famous. Fame is the most sexually attractive trait there is

1 Like