Harvey Weinstein is a Scumbag, and Everyone Knew It

One can only dream. And everyone of those self righteous faux superiors that aided and abetted them (cough Matt Damon cough) needs to rot in a cell right next to them.

No wonder good ol’ Matty hates gun rights, he protects rapists.

Fuck Hollywood, show business and “celebrity”. Our country needs to fall out of love with it anywhere, and place that much value on true contributors to society. Not trained apes that dance on stage naked for our “entertainment”.

Sorry but two things that trigger the shit out of me are celebrities and rapists… Combine the two and I’m going to have a hard time being rational.

2 Likes

You forgot Ben Affeck, the ass and crotch grabber. Trump said you can grab women by the pussy, I reckon Ben took this advice to heart.
You know Ben, the self righteous turd who on Bill Maher’s show grandstanded and called both Maher and Sam Harris bigots for addressing the chattel status of women in the ME and their concerns about allowing such behavior to be excused in the west by self righteous ‘do gooders’.

Celebs and pols aren’t subject to US law the way we are. It’s not really disputable at this point lol.

Well to be fair, Hollywood is comprised of people, and PEOPLE don’t treat all scum equally. Humans tend to suck at stuff like this, pretty frequently.

Yeah, I get that. My point, though, is that the tide seems to be shifting here. The four I listed were all titans/legends in their industries. These are pretty big fish. And so I think we’re going to see more and more get called out.

You mean to tell me that you do not take the advice and admonitions of celebrities to heart and make them your own? You must be a white-supremacist, KKK loving bigot.

2 Likes

People are already mentioning names like Polanski and the Hollywood double standard. Things will change if it affects the bottom line, no pun intended.

Dat impossible to validate victim card. You’re starting to sound like a SJW.

2 Likes

Affleck said on that show that criticizing religion is racist yet he seems to have forgotten his was in the movie Dogma, a film that mocked Catholicism. Ironically, when the film’s creator, Kevin Smith, was asked about a sequel he said that he would have to include Islam and he was scared to do that since he now has a wife and family.

3 Likes

You’re saying Hollywood doesn’t have a culture of superiority and a bit of disdain for the great unwashed in Murica that watch their movies?

If so we can blow up the next 100 posts in this thread with pro Hillary ads and quotes from Hollywood elites showing their loathing of the plebes that disagree with them.

I don’t think @pat was playing victim. Just hating on Hollywood a bit.

1 Like

I took @pfury 's comment to be as sarcastic as mine. I know it can be hard to read sometimes on the inturnets, but that’s how I took it.

1 Like

All we need is the video of Lady Gaga driving away in her Rolls Royce Phantom, crying over the election. We just need to let her know ‘Baby, I was born this way’.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone mentioned this lol.

I didn’t want to say it because I feel like it’d just be a partisan swipe at leftist commies coming from me, and fall flat, but boy did I want to.

Having a bit of disdain for the masses is not only smart, but preferred imo. The masses, on average, are stupid AF.

I don’t think Pat was actually saying that all of Hollywood believes the people that disagree with them are the KKK lol.

This is more what I was going for :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not going to go into specific individuals as I don’t know enough details, but I think a certain amount of care needs to be taken with this line of thought. It seems that for decades a lot of victims (some of them with relatively large amounts of name recognition) could not really do much of anything to take down Harvey Weinstein. There are likely many bystanders who were similarly incapable of resolving the situation. That points to a huge rotten core of the system, but tarring specific individuals with the same brush needs to be done on the basis of well-documented individual behavior, rather than an assumption of association.

3 Likes

What’s crazy is that this went on for so long and the National Enquirer never mentioned it, as far as I know. You would think that someone would have tipped them off at some point. Is Weinstein’s power that great he could stop the press?

1 Like

We may not agree on a ton of specifics, but a single like on this paragraph wasn’t enough. Well said sir.

That kinda just lends more credence that it IS legit. NE almost exclusively reports idiot news that didn’t happen.

It’s double backhanded reverse top secret anti reporting. You gotta go deep. Like Zep taking an advil of his own free will deep.

2 Likes

Sorry, I believe Fox and the former NYT reporter over some prettyboy who plays pretend for a living.

He knew, he covered for him, and if there is a hell, I’m sure he’ll be sitting in it.

See above. Yes, because we worship celebrity.

two thousand fucking four…

13 years this has been an open secret. Which means it’s been going on for awhile.

Fuck this guy, just fuck him, and everyone who didn’t speak up. So far I’ve seen Cortney Love being the only one who said anything, and family guy dude the only one with “enough balls” to at least joke about.

Also, re-listen to Streep’s anti-Trump speech while looking at photos of her loving on HW…

(I should have stayed out of this thread…)

2 Likes

Is there any real proof against Matt Damon? The article you posted just has a bunch of quotes with him saying he had no idea.

There is no real proof of any of this. It isn’t in court, and I’m not holding my breath that HW does actually end up in court.

ANd if he does, I’m not holding my breath he gets convicted even if he is guilty.

So yeah, am I being irrational? Sure. Do I care right now? Nope. Fuck Matt Damon, I hope someone orders a code red on his ass.