Harvey Weinstein is a Scumbag, and Everyone Knew It

Considering the victims, I’d bet the guy has a serious problem with women of accomplishment and status. And booze. Nothing like a couple way too many to induce a “so, tell me what you really think” episode.

2 Likes

Is a husband, brother, father, beating one of these guys into a living death not a thing?

1 Like

Based on the statements attributed to him, I got the feeling that he had some dominance and BDSM fantasies. The quote given to him made me consider whether many of these were BDSM stuff that got way out of hand/beyond what the women thought would happen.

I don’t necessarily buy that. Even if that were the case, there are limits to those situations. They don’t just get out of hand, but even if they did it crosses a boundary from consensual to not. Agreeing to a little slap and tickle type stuff is an entirely different ball game than full on bdsm/ hard choking, etc.

1 Like

I wasn’t watching the PWI forum for a while. What actually happened with Raj? I think he claimed to be Canadian, right?

He got banned. I’m pretty sure he was American (his parents or maybe grandparents immigrated from India). Philly area iirc.

NY

Eliot Spitzer - AG and then Governor
Anthony Weiner
Eric Shneiderman

Not to mention Donald Trump’s sex scandals.

Anyway, the number of the elite class of politicians, journalists, and other famous Hollywood or sports figures that are caught up in this sort of thing. We have some real problems with corrupt and amoral people. I don’t think our society can function when fail to have rule of law, basic integrity. Our constitution wasn’t designed to successfully govern a people who are morally bankrupt.

@ Elite actors. Bill Cosby is one that felt most disappointing to me. He was so loved as the character he played on the Cosby show, loved for his clean comedic humor. Really, it makes you wonder about the number of people who are not at all what they seem.

1 Like

Hollywood actors are extraordinarily talented at playing pretend. They fool the audience for a living.

1 Like

Didn’t he threaten or insult 2 guys’ wives in the same day? Forgot his meds.

1 Like

You’re comment about actors made me think of this. Really cynical to be sure, but we’ve seen enough corruption to know there’s some truth here.

“Politicians, by definition, spend their careers claiming to be motivated by the higher good, not personal ambition. They are professional liars in this sense…” Holman Jenkins, Jr. in today’s WSJ, referring to men like Schneiderman.

An AG presents himself as the upholder of the law, prosecuting the wrong-doers. @ Presenting yourself as something you’re not. It reminded me of Matt Lauer putting the screws to Bill O’Reilly in an interview. Then his own scandal came out, and the self-righteous angle became really cringe-worthy.

I’m starting to think that this is correct of a lot of these powerful people.

2 Likes

He was particularly angry that week… He did get ganged up on quite a bit, but that’s what happens when you hold extreme positions, which is what he did.

Saw this today and thought of him:

1 Like

Ancient Romans were extremely freaked out by this and consequently they treated actors as a special untouchable caste apart from the rest of society - you weren’t allowed to marry or even socialize with them because there was genuine fear that people who fake emotions for a living are uncannily skillful at deceiving others.

Hanging out with actors almost ended Mark Anthony’s political career - no one in the Roman elite had a problem with his cross dressing and that he was being boned by his friend(s) but when it happened at an actors’ party there was a huge scandal.

3 Likes

Most are far from extraordinary.

Okay. You go make $10 million per movie pretending to be someone else. We’ll wait here.

I have a great deal of disdain for actors/actresses and their political opinions because they are completely disconnected from real life. But acting is a rare skill set. One society values.

Horseshit. The actors you’re referring to are outliers in the industry plain and simple. Some of them are flash in the pans at the moment - some have “staying power”. Either way, their experience is not the norm in the industry, but rather the exception.

Zecarlo’s statement is on the nose, MOST are far from extraordinary…

Elephant shit.

Seriously, though… Actors make more than they should (imo), but they aren’t really killing it on average.

Holy shit, I did not know about this fear of actors…learned something new!!

1 Like

I know several actors who work local playhouses and stuff and have to be waiters on the side to persue their craft. But the initial comment was about Hollywood actors. Who are the cream of the crop. Society does value movies and TV no? Otherwise where do they get the cash to pay them millions.

How much money does Keanu Reeves make? How much does, or did, Arnold make? How much does Deniro make? Are they all extraordinary at acting? Money is not a good measure of acting ability.

Europe’s version of Hollywood actors are better.

And acting is hardly a rare skill set. Kids do it everyday. As do criminals, the insane and anyone on a first date.

More than 99.9% of the people posting here. In fact devito/arnold probably made more from a couple movies than you’ll earn in your lifetime

Their acting brought value to the market place. Whether their “art” appeals to you in particular is irrelevant. People paid money to watch them play pretend.