T Nation

Harrassment from Church of Scientology

Way off topic, but...
Approximately 25 years ago I lived in Austin Tx. I was eighteen at the time, working construction downtown to save money before starting college. One afternoon I'm wandering around downtown and run across a Dianetics center.

I had seen the book and at the time they were running lots of commercials for it on TV. My curiosity piqued, I went in and looked around. Meet some interesting people, talked for a while, bought the Dianetics book and called it a day. I read the book over the following week or so and found the basics to be intriguing.

I was going to school to major in psychology and I found some of the theorems and axioms that LRH (founder) put forth to be thought provoking. A few weeks later I went back when I had some time off to ask some questions. Ended up leaving that day having been sold their Purification program.

To be quick, they believe that toxins, drugs, etc. are stored in the fatty tissues of the body and in some way anchor bad experiences that can be triggered for years to come. This is very abbreviated so if you share their beliefs please don't come looking for a fight. I am just trying to set up the rest of the story.

Anyway, I quickly became disillusioned with their beliefs, separated myself and moved on, or so I thought.

Years later, approximately 15 years, I'm married and living in Tennessee. I began receiving tons of mail (SeaOrg, Flag, OT 1,2,3....8) from them and lots of phone calls. I am polite but tell them I am not interested and please remove me from your mail and call lists.

I have since moved three times over the last ten years and they hunt me down every time, bombard me with mail and call at all hours, at least as late as eleven. Several months ago I answer my door after church to find some high ranking members from the Celebrity Center in LA standing on my door steep.

I am polite but firm, tell them I do not agree with their beliefs, think them rather odd, and do not want to be on their mail or call list. I am assured it will be taken care off.

In the weeks and months ahead it appears that they are ratcheting up their efforts to bring me into the fold. Mail every day. Multiple calls per day. I am loosing my patience and begin to be less than polite. I tell them that for an organization that is supposed to be full of these superior beings that I find it odd that they cannot handle a simple request to leave me the f@#k alone. No change.

I finally start telling them that I have spoke with a lawyer and am keeping a journal of the calls and dates/times and a garbage can full of mail. After weeks of such conversations I finally start seeing some results. Mail has just about ended. A lonely offer gets through every now and then.

I still have an annoying occurrence very week or so. The phone will ring, I will answer to hear only silence. When I look at the caller ID, it reads Church of Scientology.

I'm not looking for help or advice necessarily, I'm just curious if anyone else has ever had this happen to them. If so, share your experiences.

I've heard of several instances of this, they are crazy.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous religion I have ever encountered. It's just a scam to make a shit ton of money. All hail Xenu! lmao...so sad that people actually believe this stuff.

Battle start!
Xab uses read!
Wall of text crits Xab for 14,291.
Xab dies.
Congratulations, you have slain Xab!
You get new ability: Enter Key.

LOL!

They are banned in Germany and I think one other country. Scary people, they do not hesitate to play vicious hard-ball with former members and other organizations.

Can you get a court order to force them to stop contacting you?

Kick them

in the balls.

That's got to be pretty freaky. If they are not careful, people are going to start burning down their "churches" and meeting places. They need some really good PR people like yesterday.

Yeah they're whack, and Tom Cruise is their biggest whack-job. I was thrilled a couple of years back when Anonymous did their thing. I even joined them when they protested the fuckers in Nashville.

No more or less crazier than muslims, christians, catholics, etc. They are all delusional and disconnected from the real world. The problem is all who make a mockery of scientology reside in a bubble of their own, and hence never scrutinize or question their own fallacious beliefs.

The OP isn't better off than he was when he was riding with the scientology camp, he continues to live the zombie lifestyle - a detriment to the human species.

No more or less crazier than muslims, christians, catholics, etc. They are all delusional and disconnected from the real world. The problem is all who make a mockery of scientology reside in a bubble of their own, and hence never scrutinize or question their own fallacious beliefs.

The OP isn't better off than he was when he was riding with the scientology camp, he continues to live the zombie lifestyle - a detriment to the human species.

Flawed logic. Are those who make a mockery of those who have religious beliefs residing in a bubble of their own, and hence never to scrutinize or question their own fallacious beliefs?

To believe or not to believe is to still have a belief. Using your logic, any belief is no better nor worse than any other belief, leaving us all to live the zombie lifestyle, a detriment to the human species. Worse, there are no standards, moral or otherwise by which to effectively live our lives. Effort is useless and thought is meaningless.

Or maybe you are just full of shit. Yeah, I think I will chose to believe that.

You clearly struggled to come to an understanding of my post, no worries, I don't expect you to grasp anything to contrary or that which even remotely challenges your delusions, or for that matter anything that may stimulate a little introspection.

Full of shit, yes, I'd expect nothing less than a response of this nature from a mindless drone which you continue to make readily apparent.

Critical thinking is your friend, don't fight it.

You clearly struggled to come to an understanding of my post, no worries, I don't expect you to grasp anything to contrary or that which even remotely challenges your delusions, or for that matter anything that may stimulate a little introspection.

Full of shit, yes, I'd expect nothing less than a response of this nature from a mindless drone which you continue to make readily apparent.

Critical thinking is your friend, don't fight it.

Scientology is not a f*****g religion!!! It's a business scam!!
Hell, if scientology gets approved as a church I'll start a cocaine-pushing syndicate and get it approved as a religion! "you know, in here we pray to money"

Sounds like you're a part of the "church" of scientology, your attack seems almost personal.

Can you imagine any other actual religion contacting you by phone and email at all hours of the day to join them? That's pretty fucked up, but at least they're not blowing things up to get their message across.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Indeed he did. I'm also pretty certain that L. Ron Hubbard (the founder) spent his last days living on a boat in international waters because he owed a shit ton of tax money and this was his only safe haven.

I love the south park episode were they shit on Scientology. I learned about this "religion" in high school and I laughed my ass off.