Hardgainer And AAS???

So what if a person is a hardgainer,“like myself” goes on steriods, and say he gains a good 20 to25 pounds, would he lose all that he gained and go back to his natural limit?

Since you called yourself a hardgainer then you are no where near your natural limit. The fact that you asked the question makes me say DON’T START STEROIDS AT THIS TIME!

But to answer the question directly its 2 parts:

1)I doubt you would gain that much as all “hardgainers” are simply not eating enough. So while yes you will build some muscle on steroids its not going to be anywhere near where it should be since you don’t eat enough.

1. You will always lose some of your gains when you come off but if you do proper PCT you will keep the vast majority of your gains. Not that I expect you to know what PCT is so I suggest researching that while you look for a diet plan.

I’ve been lifing for 10 years now and my diet consists of 200/300g of protien and 3000/4000 of cals a day, I eat 6 times a day. Have a very high metabolism. This is my 2nd cycle, my first was test E only at 500mg a week for 8 weeks.

Done alot of research, and still in the learning process. You can never know it all and the way to know is ask ,if you can’t find out by doing research alone. I use clom at the end of my cycles, 50mg aday for 2 weeks. Is there any thing that will help?

Well my first comment would be why are you on your second cycle but are still in the learning process??

what’s your second cycle look like?

I would suggest adding in some Nolv as most like it better than clomid.

If you have to bump up your cals to 5,000.

Do a search on here for Test Taper, that might help you keep your gains as well.

What is your height weight and age? 3-4k calories is not too much and a lot of people have to eat more to gain.

You definitely aren’t eating enough. 3000 calories a day is not close to enough for someone with a very high metabolism. 4000 calories may not be enough either. You also need more consistency. It’s not ok to hit 4000 calories some days and only hit 3000 other days.

[quote]WIMPY1 wrote:
So what if a person is a hardgainer,“like myself” goes on steriods, and say he gains a good 20 to25 pounds, would he lose all that he gained and go back to his natural limit? [/quote]

Just thinking about your physiology and your natural hormone levels - you say youve trained 10 years, lets for the sake of argument say you’ve reached a practical mass ‘ceiling’. That is to say you cannot hold on to any more lean muscle mass practically given your current body and all it’s workings.

Then i suspect what would happen is you’d gain from AAS and the slowly lose it (could take a long time) and go back to where you are now, your peak lean muscle mass homeostasis.

Though as other have said you may not have reached the natural ceiling yet, your calories being possibly too little.

Also worth noting that AAS may leave you ‘resting’ a few pounds up from your current level because in fact there was a higher level available to you all along. Wouldnt you want to find it naturally first though? Or do you just want to test (pun intended!) how big you would get with AAS?

I’m 32, 190lbs 6’. Made pretty good gains during my first 8 years, but not much more the last 2 years. I’ve started a 4 day workout, Mon/Tue, Thur/Fri. Been doing this going on 6 weeks now. I’ll definitely read P22’s thread on taper.

What is your estimated bf%? Others sound about right to me, you probably need to eat more. I am about your age and fairly ectomorphic. I went through years of almost zero progress until I finally decided to get my shit really straight, record everything I ate every day, and then figured out that I just was not eating enough. I bumped calories up above the 5000 mark (from about 3500) and boom, started gaining again. Now my maintenance calories are around 4500. Gotta eat big to get big.

Also, if you make gains from steroids, keep in mind that your basal caloric needs are going to increase in tandem with your bodyweight.

[quote]WIMPY1 wrote:
I’m 32, 190lbs 6’. Made pretty good gains during my first 8 years, but not much more the last 2 years. I’ve started a 4 day workout, Mon/Tue, Thur/Fri. Been doing this going on 6 weeks now. I’ll definitely read P22’s thread on taper.[/quote]

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
You definitely aren’t eating enough. 3000 calories a day is not close to enough for someone with a very high metabolism. 4000 calories may not be enough either. You also need more consistency. It’s not ok to hit 4000 calories some days and only hit 3000 other days. [/quote]

To give you an example, I consume about 2500 calories per day when I’m dieting down, and I have a shitty metabolism. Think about that. Do you really think you, with your high metabolism and propensity to be skinny, benefit from a mere 3000-4000 when you’re trying to build muscle? It takes an awful lot of calories to fuel the engine.

I had the same problem. Sculpting down is easy. It’s consuming mass calories day in and day out thats the hard part. Cooking and prepping meals to last the entire day. Now in my early 30’s i’ve adjusted a bit but still have to eat heavy and lift hard to earn another lb. of muscle.

I really appreciate the input fellas. very useful.
Thanks.