Hardcore or Floozy

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
@OP, how do you balance out your work, training, study, social life and other things and still achieve goals in all these aspects of life?[/quote]

Lol you don’t. Balance is relative that doesn’t mean you need to hermit and a loner but if you want to be the best at powerlifting, bodybuilding or a team sport your going to need to make some sacrifices and you can’t except to have the same social life and grades as someone who focuses on that solely . I just don’t want to look back in ten years and be like damn I could have been better in my sport but hey fuck it I went to some sweet parties. I love my sport more than I love partying and drinking so I don’t do it or anything that effects me negatively. People may say chill out but it all be worth it when I dropping 30 on there team and their wondering damn why I am not that good?

I’ve only drank a 3 times since january and I only started lifting in March. I find getting shitfaced is much more fun when you don’t do it every single fucking weekend like I did before. A balance is definately required, but I was so skinny for so long that now I do tend to get worried about missing meals and eating crap.

I liked to think I had a balance but in hindsight I really don’t. I mean, last night I left one of my very best friends 20th birthday party to come home, eat chicken and tuna with a casein shake, and get a good rest because it was a workout day and I had work at 8 o clock this morning. Because of work I wouldn’t have drank or gone to the club anyways but this certainly isn’t the first time I’ve done things like that.

I’m fucking 20 and it’s been a hell of a long time since I’ve been with a girl(just remembered I also blew off a girl yesterday as I was feeling like hell after the gym).
I needed a damn reality check.

I’m so hardcore that if I want to go out Friday night, I wake up a little earlier Friday morning to get a session in. Or, that fails, I’ll chop my workout and half and do it at the usual time (half a workout stimulates more growth than no workout at all, ya know).

And I eat a big meal before heading out and get some food in when I come back… my body can deal with 4 - 6 hours of no food just fine.

Most people who lead a socially hermetic lifestyle for the sake of training probably just aren’t very creative or lack time management skills.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I’ve decided to cut back on drinking and my other drugs. That doesn’t mean I’m still not going to be a part of my rave scene. Will I roll, get lit, or shitfaced every now nd then…Hell yes!

People need to realize that there is no such thing as “Hardcore” why? because we are human. We do have emotions and desires…obligations to families, friends ourselves

the concept is called moderation

I am glad I figured that out for myself before I really faded into the blackness

[/quote]

How is rehab going?? And I’m not busting you out…considering that you already announced your “issue” to all of T-Nation. You talk of moderation…just want to know if you completely understand it considering your “issue.”