Hardcore Essentials2

Thanks Crippler. I’ve had a sinus infection for going on 2 weeks now so work and lifting have been extra fun. It’s my intention to do a lot of variety for my lifts and build a bunch of explosive power. Who knows I may train myself up for a weight lifting meet and do powerlifting too this year. Spending time every day learning coding to make a career move is a priority as well.

If you treat a career move like your lifting, it should go well. Anxious to read about your lifting w/o marathon walks.

I’m still work-walking 12 to 15 miles 5 days a week. Trying to be more conservative and balanced in my energy expenditure.
Yesterday afternoon I fell hard on a thin ledge while cleaning my pool. I landed with all my weight on my left elbow on the concrete. Subsequently I have a lot of pain and swelling but it is diminishing. I was going to lift last evening but plans change. Hopefully, I will overcome the hurt and lift soon . Working will be extra fun today and tomorrow.

Have had more swelling and bruising in my left arm but most pain is gone. Tough to be injured.

Hope you get healed up soon!

Yeah, that sounds serious.

Thanks y’all. Trying to be cautious and not do too much. Working 2 jobs will have to keep me strong for a few more days to allow for more healing time.

You’re hardly going to get weak letting this thing heal. Don’t push it.

I hope I haven’t torn my triceps or a section with the fall but I’m beginning to think so. Dying to get back to lifting but continuing to be cautious.

Was wondering how this was going… .bizzare you’re lifting really heavy and then tear something on a simple fall. If it is torn you want it to heal properly.

Biker you’re right time is needed. My run of bad luck is continuing. Last night, leaving work I all the sudden developed serious pain and restrictions in movement in my left knee. This was after walking about 13 miles pushing carts. I had a hell of a night hobbling around. Been doing a ton of therapy but the pain and movement restrictions are still there but a bit less.
I’m currently falling apart and​ trying to put the pieces back together. I think I may have to call in and take a day off Costco. May even have to go see a doc. Hope I haven’t done damage to my ACL.

Dr. visit is good idea.

If it weren’t for bad luck you wouldn’t have any lately. I hope everything heals up and you’re back at it hard and heavy soon.

Thanks NHLFTR it seems all my good fortune resides in the love and support I have.
Biker, I went to the doctor yesterday. They took x-rays. It is yet to be determined if I need an MRI. Have physical therapy Friday and another DR visit.
The fun continues.

Good luck GV. Rehab is right, and don’t push things until you get a green light.

Thanks Crippler you’re right. It’s hard to slow down but I have to think forward.

Hope they get you fixed up soon! Take care, and keep us updated.

Do what your doctor advises. The heavy weights will still be there when you’ve recovered. If you have to rehab, maybe consider it a chance to entertain your daughters with pink weights. We’re all rooting for you.

Thank you ChickenLittle and biker. Even though I don’t like taking any prescription the muscle relaxers seem to be helping. With a bit of good fortune I will be back to kicking butt soon.

1 Like

Hoping to recover my left knee in the next day or so. I think I have torn a left triceps tendon so fun continues.