Hardcore Essentials2

Snap one must have a 1600 lbs total or better in a contest this year to compete in the Raw Unity 220 lbs class. Crippler, absolutely. So tonight the lifting went well.

Squats:(raw)
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1

Fat Gripz Extremes Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
265 x 1(pause)
300 x 1(touch and go-need to work on the pause)

Deadlifts:
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
535 lbs x 1

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 20

Decided to go a bit light on the squats and work the deads heavy. Pleased with the bench but wanted a pause.

Looks like everything is clicking. Sorry about the meet delay.

Well, Dave I may have spoken to early before and by some magic I may be able to do the meet. On the other hand I must apologize to everyone for not being very present lately in the forums or here. I have been getting my first book published on Amazon and Kindle. It’s a children’s book and getting the formatting correct as well as submitting files properly has been consuming my time lately. I don’t know if I’m allowed to mention the title of my book here but if any one wants to look or buy and support the cause it’s titled: Em’s Peace Pie. I think it would make a great gift for early readers between the age of 5 and 10 years old. It’s about a witch and making friends and apple pie.

Did a bunch of work today and we had a nice return to the heat and humidity today which kind of wore me out but I got my lifting in tonight.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
485 x1(wanted more tonight but this felt heavy and I had to really work to get it up so I’ll come back for more another day)

Fat Gripz CG Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
265 x 1(pause)
296 x 1(pause)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 20

Not the best night but got it in.

Well, I am so excited about your book! I googled it and found it. That is very, very cool. I guess I didn’t know you had an interest in writing? I used to make my living in writing. Nothing exciting. Just magazine articles and marketing materials mostly. However did you get the idea to write a children’s book?

Snap, I have been writing for many years and completed several manuscripts. I haven’t been published yet but now I don’t have to wait to get picked up and can do it myself for free so I am going for it. Thank you for your interest. I hope you buy a book or get it on your Kindle. You can get it today(last day) for free on your Kindle.
I came up for this story, Em’s Peace Pie, because I was making up the story for my 5 year old while I was putting her to bed. So, I would imagine the story and tell it to my girl for many nights in a row. Each night I would expand on the story and I finally decided to write it down. I got my girl to color the pictures I drew for the book and I listed her as the illustrator. She was very excited to help and be a part of this project and I will include her in future endeavors.

I am going to do some heavy editing on my other manuscripts and get them in a book on Kindle and Amazon. It is so exciting to have this chance. I have another project or two in progress for stories that are adult material so this fall and winter will be a busy time for an aspiring author.

So, what’s this witch bench?

I’ll try to get a copy for my granddaughter for Christmas.

Biker, the witch has a 405 lbs raw pause bench. In the story she has no trouble lifting a mountain lion and carrying it for a bit. Thanks if you buy the story.

That’s awesome GV. I read the sample, and I think I have a few dollars left on an Amazon gift card. I think I’ll be buying a copy.

Crippler thank you very much for the support. Tonight the lifting went well most likely because I was channelling anger left over from a customer who was a jerk. This rich guy from New York with a nice new house decided to grumble at me and bust my balls because I hadn’t been able to trim his hedges yet. I explained my equipment had been broken and in the shop and for almost 2 months. Then the shop told me they couldn’t fix the trimmers and I had to buy new ones which cost me an arm and leg. Well, I basically jumped back down his throat and rich guy backed down pretty quick but I’ll find out next week when I bill him for the next month of lawn service if he will let me go. Screw him I’m not taking crap from anyone. So I lifted tonight:

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
495 x 1(put on knee sleeves)
585 x 1

Fat Gripz Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
265 x 1(pause)
300 x 1(pause)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 20

Felt strong and aggressive tonight. I’m working on a new story that I hope I can get out before Halloween but I don’t know if I can work it by then. Writing and creating has always been fun for me so maybe with some good fortune I can entertain and make a few bucks on the side.

Good work using your weights for anger release.

bought 2 copies GV, I wish you success with it!.. I have no creative ability whatsoever so much respect!

Way to focus the anger. I think we’ve all been there.

Thank you Biker and Crippler. I sure needed the to release my frustration with the iron. Lo and behold the wife of the rick man emailed me today to tell me they would no longer need my services. I laugh and say good riddance.
OldGoat, thank you for the support. I hope the books are enjoyed.

I bought one too. Screw the NY guy.

Thank you for the buying my book Biker. I really appreciate everyone’s interest and efforts.

books came today awesome illustrations…cute story

Thank you OG, that means a great deal to me. Tonight I had a good lifting after work and hearing my Dolphins finally get their act together.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1

CG Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
265 x 1(pause)
300 x 1(pause)

Sumo Deadlifts:
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
495 x 1(felt great and much room to increase-first time doing sumos in a while)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 20

Had a busy day and I was glad to have the energy and drive to do this lifting.

You should get a poster of the dude, and put it in your garage. Focus that anger!

Crippler, the poster is in my mind. I have really good recall most of the time and can conjure up a vivid picture in my mind of most profound moments in my life. When I focus really well I see the thing that made me angry and my body gets super revved and ready for action. There are times I want to get angry and focussed for a big lift but I’m not able though. An example might be that I’ve just spent 5 hours taking care of my girls, changing diapers, and dealing with all kinds of de-escalation issues that seems to block my ability to get angry for the iron like kryptonite to Superman.