Hardcore Essentials2

Thanks OG.

Strong session. You will get back on track very quickly once your schedule allows.

Thanks Dave it’s hard not having the time and energy for higher performance.

Lifting this evening was loads of fun because my ass was draggin the whole time. Change in sleeping time the last couple of days because my daughter is starting kindergarten and my energy is low.

Squats:(raw)
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
525 lbs x 1

Fat Gripz Extremes Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 1
260 x 1
286 x 1(ugly as hell)

Standing Crunches:
70 lbs x 20

Decided not to push myself any more than I did because the spark wasn’t sparkin’ tonight.

That was pretty solid for a low energy night.

Thanks Crippler. So, I’ve gone down to 203 lbs upon waking. The recent weight loss is mostly due to working in temps over 100 degrees with humidity being near 100%. Lucky for us tropical storm Erika will be here in a couple days and I may get a little rest from work. Lifting went well tonight.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
517 lbs x 1(I meant to do 527 but I forgot the the 5s so this was an easier rep)

Fat Gripz CG Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
260 x 1(pause)
280 x 1(pause)

Deadlift:
135 x 5
225 x 1
315 x 1
405 x 1
475 x 1

No records tonight but everything felt strong and soon I will be upping my calories to increase my weight. This first week of school for my kindergartener has gone nicely but I am still adjusting to getting up a bit earlier and going to sleep earlier.

Strong session GV. Either 517 or 527 and nothing easy about squatting those kinds of numbers.

I think I’ve said it before, but I much admire the fact that you can train in the heat and humidity you do. It was 97 degrees the day of my last meet and the Crossfit box where the meet was held was an oven. But, of course, we just don’t have much in the way of humidity here. And that makes a lot of difference.

You’re probably the only person in your state that says the good news is the tropical storm is coming.

Crippler, I think point of view is crucial, Ha! Snap, as you know people discount things like humidity as being a factor in performance but when you’ve lost 6 pounds of water in a day and recouped only part of it and then lift it’s humbling. And I always think about what it would be like to have a non-physical job and lift so we all have our hurdles. Thanks Dave, the weight felt easy yesterday but today my body is a bit wrecked.

Had a vigorous work day and I had low energy coming in to lift but it was an okay night.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
425 x 1
528 lbs x 1(vision went black and fuzzy on the way up but I got it all the way up)

Fat Gripz Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1(pause)
260 x 1(pause)

Standing Crunches:
70 lbs x 20

I was still a bit worn out from the other night which was like a mini meet(that only took 1 hour to do). My chest and arms just didn’t have anything left after the 260 bench and that was a bummer but I’ll come back with more next time.

528# is a stout damned squat! Nice work!

Thanks LittleStrick. Hopefully much more weight will be zooming up in the near future.

GV for being worn out you sure look strong…love the no fluff aspect to your workouts

Thanks OG, I just try to keep it real. Sorry to all for not visiting other threads lately. I’ve been swamped with work and kids and stuff so I haven’t been writing in here much. Tonight was my first lifting since Monday and my performance reflected that. The heat and humidity have been killing me and my time has been limited because I am trying to spend as much time as possible with my kindergartner and my other child. Sacrificing time under the weights for family time and a much needed date night with my wife have killed the lifting but I am working on making schedule changes. At any rate the lifting was okay but not up to standards.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
475 x 1

CG Bench:
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 1(pause)
255 x 1(pause)
281 x 1(pause)

Deadlifts:
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
480 x 1

My squat is suffering because I haven’t been squatting. I will change that immediately. My bench felt pretty good but more must me done. The dead felt good however must improve. A good valid raw competition 1236 total in an hour of lifting isn’t bad for being out of shape but I can and will make great progress very soon.

Spending time with the kids is what truly strong men do! and date night …FTW…

Family comes first my friend. No doubt you’ll get where you need to be. You work too hard not to.

You’re putting in more than enough work for your numbers to bounce back quickly once you get on a more consistent schedule,

Thanks for the support OG, Crippler, and Dave, I really appreciate it. I know it’s Labor Day but I worked today because I just can’t see getting behind on my accounts. Lifting was stronger than the last time.

135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
475 x 1
530 lbs x 1

Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 3
225 x 1(pause)
265 x 1(pause)
300 lbs x 1(touch and go-went for a pause but I could feel it wasn’t there)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 20

I would like to change my lifting to early morning but I just don’t know how I can do that and then go bust my ass in the field and sun. I might give it a go but the thought is a bit daunting.

GV-
It took me awhile to adjust to morning lifting but I fit my schedule from work/family/coaching aspect…However, I do not have a physical job such as yours…Morning allowed consistency and lowest family impact.

whatever you decide I’m sure it will work out.