Hardcore Essentials2

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Yeah, always raw lifting.[/quote]

Those are superb raw numbers. I can’t imagine a 600 raw squat but that would be my next BIG milestone. Who knows what the next 12 months will bring…

Thanks Chris and kpsnap.

I was feeling like smashing some weight tonight but I was a bit overtired from yesterday’s adventures at Disney. I had plenty of training all day running around after my 4 year old and several times I carried her like a 40 lbs weighted vest for many hundreds of yards walks when she needed a break. My one year old is only about 23lbs and I did many lateral raises and oblique twists with her viewing rides such as Its a Small World, which she loved.

T-Handle Swings:
110 lbs x 40 swings(btwn sets)

Squats:
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 1
495 x 1
550 x Fail(Felt good but I was unsure of the weight which caused me to be slow coming out of the hole and as anyone knows while squatting heavy that is a no-no so my hesitation in pushing through the hips cost me the lift however I feel that I have it and will get it next time.)
535 lbs x 1(I was so pissed for missing the 550 I had to go again and I powered through nicely.)

Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1
282 x 1(Pause)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 15

I think my numbers will jump dramatically soon when I switch over to the Westside protocol beginning Monday.

Big squatting, GV! Its tough to hit a big squat after missing a max attempt, nice work.

Disney with the kids sounds like a great time.

Thanks Jack Disney was awesome!

You’ve got a real strong training base built to have a great meet after a 10-week peaking cycle. Looking forward to following along.

Nice squatting GV! I know how you feel missing weights, nice recovery with the 535. I wonder if you might have had it if you made smaller jumps? 405 to 495 is 21% increase and then another 10% to 550.

Great lifting nonetheless. I can;t wait until I’m up in the 550 range.

Thanks Dave and Chris. Yeah, I try not to do too many sets before my big lift for the day, so I ramp up with big jumps. I feel the only reason I missed the 550 lbs squat was because I haven’t lifted that heavy in so long. I will dial it in soon. That weight, the 550, is below what I want my opener to be at the meet in June.

That weight, the 550, is below what I want my opener to be at the meet in June.[/quote]

BEAST! :slight_smile:

You know what you have to do to get the lifts where you want them.

Curious, what is going to be your training plan roughly?

Big time lift GV. What is your projected max for June?

Strong work GV. 550 will go up next time I’m sure.

That weight, the 550, is below what I want my opener to be at the meet in June.[/quote]
Love the ambition!

Thanks everyone. My low goals for the June meet are as follows:Sqaut-600 lbs; Bench Press-300 lbs; Deadlift-600 lbs. I think I will exceed those numbers however if I am able to total 1500 lbs raw I will be very happy and then on to the next one. That total would be 100 lbs less than my best but progress made considering my injuries. I will gun for a higher bench but even the 300 lbs will be a 15 lbs jump from December so it’s positive.

I will be beginning a Westside type protocol for training later today. The training period left is 9 total weeks but can be considered 8 weeks and the week of the meet. I will be using 3 different 3 week cycles for ME lifts on the big 3 and my DE days will be very similar if not the same for all 8 weeks. For instance 3 weeks of ME front squats, followed by 3 weeks of Me Safety Squat Bar squats, and then 2 1/2 weeks of Safety Squat Bar box squats. Same type of system for the bench.
It’s on!

Good luck. All of those numbers should be in your wheel house.

I like Westside for meet ramping. Conditions well for max weight and the dynamic days really help.

Tonight the training went well.

T-Handle Swings:
110 lbs x 20 swings(btwn sets)

Front Squats:(Harness)
161 lbs x 10
251 lbs x 5
341 lbs x 3
431 lbs x 1
481 x 1

Dead Stop 1/4 Squats to Pins:
405 x 1
495 x 1
581 x 1
635 x 1

Dead Stop Stiff-legged Deadlifts from just below knee:
135 x 6
225 x 3
315 x 8 sets x 3 reps(EMOMs)

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 15

Good work that I enjoyed. I will lower pin squats each week and change speed dead variations every 3 weeks or add a plate to stand on during this 3 weeks.

Tonight the lifting went well.

T-Handle Swings:
110 lbs x 20 swings(btwn sets)

DE Bench Press:(1 min btwn sets)
135 x 10
185 x 5
210 x 8 sets x 3 reps(Alternating grips-close, medium, wide)

Standing OHP:
135 x 5
175 x 3
220 x 1

Tricep Push downs:
80 lbs x 5 sets x 12 reps(1 min btwn sets)

Bent over Rows:
225 x 3 x 6

EZ Hammer Curls:
115 lbs x 3 x 8

Standing Crunches:
80 lbs x 15

45 minute lift time and everything felt good and moved fast.

That’s a lot of work in 45 minutes. Those front squats were beastly.

Thanks Crippler, I have been a little beat up but recovering well.