T Nation

Hardcore Briefs: Experiences?

Does anyone have any experiences with the inzer hardcore briefs?

I’ve been looking for a suit or briefs around $75 and these appear to be right in terms of price. What about squatting (moderately wider than an oly stance) & sumo deadlift?

I’d appreciate any insight.

Wow, no one’s owned a pair here?

Is it the ones called Power Pants?
I own a pair I use for training. Great for keeping the hips healthy. Not good for much else IMO.

Light carryover out of the hole, but I actually wear mine so I get hip protection and don’t get to much carryover out of the hole.

If you want something to make you lift heavier weight I would try something else, if you want hip protection I would buy an old inzer suit instead. That way you could squat/dead only using the suit bottoms.
Getting a suit on is much easier and you also have material enough to lock the suit in place with your belt.

These are the power pants:

http://www.houseofpain3.com/product-details.html?pid=696&scid=145&tsccat=145

Made from the hardcore material, instead of from the regular z-suit type material.

I’ve owned a lot of suits, including a pair of power pants (not hardcore material), but recently, I just don’t have the cash to spend on a good suit (150+ USD).

I wanted to know what to expect from the power pants made from the hardcore material, not the normal ones.

I’ve used a hardcore suit with the straps cut off, should be pretty similar. I’m not a real fan of hardcore material, I don’t really get shit out of it.

You can always pick up a pair of the concept predators from the Iron Gladiator overstock site for $30.

I have never used the hardcores. I regularly use the Predators (got them cheap from a sponsored buddy). THEY ARE THE SHIT. Buy them now.

[quote] Matt wrote:
I’ve used a hardcore suit with the straps cut off, should be pretty similar. I’m not a real fan of hardcore material, I don’t really get shit out of it.

You can always pick up a pair of the concept predators from the Iron Gladiator overstock site for $30.[/quote]

Can you link me? I can’t find them on the site. I only see predator briefs for $155. I’d really appreciate.

I have somehow managed to get a lot out of my briefs. With briefs, Metal black wraps and a belt, I get about 125 lbs out of the combination. I’m weak out of the hole, so that’s probably why.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
Matt wrote:
I’ve used a hardcore suit with the straps cut off, should be pretty similar. I’m not a real fan of hardcore material, I don’t really get shit out of it.

You can always pick up a pair of the concept predators from the Iron Gladiator overstock site for $30.

Can you link me? I can’t find them on the site. I only see predator briefs for $155. I’d really appreciate.

I have somehow managed to get a lot out of my briefs. With briefs, Metal black wraps and a belt, I get about 125 lbs out of the combination. I’m weak out of the hole, so that’s probably why.

[/quote]

I’ll post the link when I get home, I don’t have it on my work computer.

[quote] Matt wrote:
Synthetickiller wrote:
Matt wrote:

I’ll post the link when I get home, I don’t have it on my work computer.
[/quote]

Much appreciated! Also if you have any tips on sizing since its a stronger material, that info would also be happily received.

Sorry it took so long dude, here you go

http://www.irongladiators.com/overstocks.cfm

Damn man, I just looked and it doesn’t look like they are running it anymore. They’ve had that special up for over a year… Sorry bro

[quote]masonator wrote:
I have never used the hardcores. I regularly use the Predators (got them cheap from a sponsored buddy). THEY ARE THE SHIT. Buy them now.[/quote]

So these are fine for sumo deadlift, while not squatting super wide, maybe slightly beyond shoulder width?

I might break down and just drop the cash on them and just be frugal for a while.

Also, how long do they last? I don’t want to spend $155 on briefs that I might not keep for more than two months. I’d probably use the briefs 6 times in a period of 4 to 5 weeks.

I just realized, they are double ply, I’m looking for single ply. I’m killing my own thread!

How about the single ply hardcore briefs? Worth it with that sorta material?

If you’re gonna drop that much on briefs, why not just man up and get yourself a Centurion NXG Super+???

G’wan… .you know you want to!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
If you’re gonna drop that much on briefs, why not just man up and get yourself a Centurion NXG Super+???

G’wan… .you know you want to![/quote]

I was looking at the type of squat style I’d need to learn to use one. It basically would force me to re-learn how to squat, at least from what people say.

I do not what to do an oly squat in any way, plus I need a suit that’ll let me pull sumo, but also let me squat a little wider than shoulder width, 6" more at most in both directions.

I know we discussed it before. You think it’ll be an issue?

The suit is 150, or I could get the briefs for 75. The briefs might be up my alley as I am just hating straps now.

Maybe these?
http://www.plgearonline.com/cart/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=52

They have them in my size too!

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
Hanley wrote:
If you’re gonna drop that much on briefs, why not just man up and get yourself a Centurion NXG Super+???

G’wan… .you know you want to!

I was looking at the type of squat style I’d need to learn to use one. It basically would force me to re-learn how to squat, at least from what people say.

I do not what to do an oly squat in any way, plus I need a suit that’ll let me pull sumo, but also let me squat a little wider than shoulder width, 6" more at most in both directions.[/quote]

Dude… http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vioN91uszPY

The squats and deads in that vid were done in a REGULAR stance centy!!

So which should I pick? lol

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
So which should I pick? lol[/quote]

I’ve the wide stance briefs a size or two up from my squat suit and I like em a lot!!

If you don’t plan on doing a meet any time soon, go with the briefs.

If you’re lifting single ply (assuming because you lift in a single ply fed), why bother with briefs? Just wear a suit, straps down.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
How about the single ply hardcore briefs? Worth it with that sorta material?[/quote]

I definitely would not drop cash on single hardcore briefs. If anything, just pick up an old single hardcore off eBay and cut off the straps.