T Nation

Hardartery - Like Hypnotizing Chickens

Saturday 10/17
DB Floor Press
75 x 15 x 3 sets

Rear Flyes
75 x 8 x 3 sets

The Floor Press is really just cardio at this point, but I’m supposedly flying out Nov 2, so no point in getting heavier stuff. I’ve been doing work on the place I’ve been staying in, whic doesn’t help anythin. I ripped out the ceiling, rehung it after a crew of carpenters re-framed and sheeted the roof, and am trying to complete the finish on the sheetrock. I hate sheetrock. But, I’m down to touch-up and minor sanding of the touchups.

1 Like

Tuesday 10/20
PC & Strict Press
2 in front, 2 BTN, 1 in front go the presses.
135 x 1 set
185 x 6(?) sets, maybe 7

135 x 1 clean 5 BTN
At no point does any of this feel heavy, but man do I lack shoulder flexibility. I am just staying light until the shoulders stop fighting me, no rush.

1 Like

Thursday 10/22
Let’s start with the excuses. I went for a very long walk with the missus earlier and my back was complaining. I kind of had to push myself to get up and give it a go. And I did DB Hammer curls yesterday just to have done something, so the “Bro” vibes would have been artificially strong - messing with my aura and stuff.
Conventional DL
325 x 5 - dbl overhand
415 x 3 - mixed grip
505 x 1 - angry about this
605 x 2 x 2 sets - straps
625 x 1
505 x 5
Sumo DL
415 x 3 x 2 sets
Stopped there. the bar was sliding all over the place on the Sumos, it was a little dangerous so I stopped. No center knurl and I was using the straps, it became clear that I was liable to hurt myself if I went for another set.
***edited - I put the wrong number for the conventioal DL Top set.

4 Likes

U gonna do some volume work or just go full Westside and hit heavy singles

I don’t believe any of the volume hype. I have zero concern for hypertrophy, I’m too big already. That being said, there is method to the madness. I get on a plane Nov. 2 to go back to my normal life in Nicaragua, and I will not be able to take any of my current bars or DB’s or anything with me. I also will will not be able to go to the gym, so I’ll be down to the super limited equipment that I own there. I do not have 600lbs of plates and the bar is junk (I’d say cheap, but I paid way too much for it because nothing is available), so I’m going for it right now. I’ll be doing volume in November until I manage to find more weight. Which is sad, because what I’m doing is working really well and I would prefer to ride it out.

2 Likes

Saturday 10/24
DB Floor Press
75 x 15 x 4 sets

Flyes - floor, so not really full range
40 x 10 x 2 sets
75 x 3 x 2 sets

1 Like