T Nation

Hardartery - Like Hypnotizing Chickens

Hmm I know what u mean. Uncertainty and doubt shouldn’t really be in your head when you’re going for lifts ideally. Not missing it at least. Maybe unsure of how well a weight will move. Personally I need to know the weights to judge how they move compared to previously or on average as part of the training process but I have seen some people play around with disguising the weight on the bar with garbage bags and shit. Something to be said for that.

1 Like

I mean, I kinda know, but intentionally don’t do the math. I usually know “This many wheels plus X last time”, so the same number of wheels plus Y this time. Having 100’s throws me off a little, I was shocked to realize I had gone for over 600 twice. In the back of my mind it was 585, which is a totally different animal. But if I had got it, fireworks when I do the math.

1 Like

Thursday 9/10
DB Floor Press
75 x 12 x 4 sets

2 Likes

Saturday 9/12
DB Front Raises
75 x 4 x 3 sets

DB Side Raises
75 x 5 x 3 sets

1 Like

Sunday 9/13
DB Rear Flyes
75 x 8 x 3 sets

DB Curls
75 x 5 x 3 sets

Tuesday 9/15
Power Clean and Press
135 x 1 in front 3 BTN x 2 sets
195 x 2 in front
195 x 1 in front 2 BTN x 5 sets
Got interrupted by a surprise phone call that I had to take, took way too long. It was dark and my shoulders were cold by the time it ended.
135 x 3 in front 3 BTN
That was it. Shoulders were not going to cooperate so I called it.

2 Likes

Friday 9/18
I know that I did something else, but it ain’t logged, so…
Deadlift
245 x 3
335 x 3
425 x 3 - mixed grip
515 x 3 - straps
585 x 1 x 3 sets
515 x 4 x 2 sets.
Was not feeling it today, hamstrings were cranky before I even started. Chickened out on the full extra wheel because I was feeling old and weak. So I settle for this this week.

4 Likes

Nice progression on the deads HA. Love the “off the floor” raw lifting.

Y r we hypnotizing chickens

It’s a line stolen directly from “Lust For Life”

is that an old person thing lool?

Ouch. Probably. I think it is meant to represent doing something totally pointless, like hypnotizing chickens say.

Meh life is pointless so may as well do some funny shit.

2 Likes

Monday 9/22
Flyes, on the deck cause still have no bench
40 x 10 x 4 sets

DB Floor Press
76 x 12 x 3 sets

I could reallt do with something heavier for both of these. I’m going to have to figure something out.

1 Like

What do you have now?

Get a few 2x4’s and easy to slap to together a strong bench. What I used when I was 12.

1 Like

I have 40’s and 75’s. and a single 55. So, either I make a huge jump on the flyes, or I look for more DB’s. I am losing appetite for equipment aquisition, because I am hopeful that one of these days I can actually fly back to Central America and life in my own apartment. Living on the road gets old.
@hel320 knows what I’m talking about I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

Tuesday 9/22
Clean & Press - PC and strict presses
135 x 2 in front 1 BTN x 2 sets
205 x 2 in front 1 BTN x 6 sets
185 x 2 in front 1 BTN x 2 sets
135 x 1 in front 5 BTN

Could you find a couple of chains and add them to your dumbell flys ??

I’m thinking of giving it a go with plates instead of DB’s. I’m wondering how hard 45lb bumpers would be?