T Nation

Hardartery - Like Hypnotizing Chickens

Sunday 8/23
DEADLIFTS :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
245 x 4
335 x 4
425 x 4 - straps
515 x 1
515 x 2 x 3 sets
I feel so much better. Deadlifts, I missed you so much!
I started to lose my balance little on the lst rep of the last set. I discovered that I literally could not let go of the bar with the figure 8 straps. Yikes. Had to set it down a little hard. In my defense, I’m going to justify the straps that early because it was raining - for most of the workout - at least lightly and I was outside in the driveway. I haven’t lost too much off the DL considering how long it’s been since I did one.
*** Disclaimer - all deadlifts are conventional unless otherwise specified or prohibited by law.

5 Likes

Never thought I’d see u post heart emojis lel

1 Like

Tuesday 8/25
Powr Clean and Strict Press
One clean, one press in front, two presses BTN.
135 x 1 set
155 x 10 sets

2 Likes

Wednesday 8/26
DB Front Raises - I got 2 of them now so 2 at a time
75 x 3 x 4 sets

DB Side Raises
75 x 2 x 3 sets

So, these are way harder than 70. Going to take a little time to work up some reps with these. I am doing more than 2 attempts on the side raises, but I’m not gym bro enough to count more than two of them per set.

1 Like

Friday 8/28
DB Floor Press
75 x 12 x 4 sets

DB Rear Flyes
75 x 5 x 3 sets

It’s late, today sucked. Got a flat yesterday around the corner from “Home”. Turned out to be a Craftsman screwdriver, little size for like repairing glasses or something. I’m driving a Subaru (Father-in-laws, I wouldn’t buy one) atm, which means four new tires - because all wheel drive.
After that, a Zoom funeral for a friend who just died of cancer. Like the day after the last time I talked to him, which was right after he finished his first round of chemo and went home to wait two weeks for the next round. So, four tires and a funeral today. The movie was better. Then I went and finished replacing some rotten floor joists at one of my properties. The only perk of being stuck in town is not having to pay someone else to do that work.

Saturday 8/29
DB Curls
75 x 5 x 3 sets
Because I was planning on not doing anything and then couldn’t help myself.

1 Like

Sunday 8/30
I was planning on taking today off. Then I had ice cream and some cake.
Deadlifts - conventional
245 x 4
335 x 3
425 x 2 - mixed grip
515 x 2 - straps
565 x 2
565 x 1
565 x miss - I put on the belt for this set and scratched, so I discarded the belt
565 x 1 x 2 sets
515 x 2 x 3 sets - one set with belt on but lever not latched, and one scratch with lever latched that I didn’t count.
I do not understand how anybody lifts with a belt on. Just screws me right up. I never have been able to do anything wearing a belt.

4 Likes

Just to illustrate me avoiding weight calculations during the workout, smooth sides in.

2 Likes

Looks like ur enjoying your vitamin D. I’m similar with a belt at least on deadlifts. Doesn’t seem to do much except get in the way.

I have been trying to learn how to use mine for a few years now. I like the velcro one better than the lever. I never it wear it pulling, and if I use it too much it trashes my upper back. Not worth the pain.

I thought that I was alone on the belt thing. With the lever unlatched, it didn’t interfere much but did not help. I keep trying, and just failing with the belt. I’ve tried different methods and placements for it. It seems to have always had only a negative impact for me. And yet, EVERYONE wears one, and they all claim to get a boost from it. I am totally at a loss when it comes to belts.

2 Likes

Theoretically belts help the the body do its bracing thing but there’s always outliers. Less just say we and Yury Belkin are similar

1 Like

I didn’t get any boost to my lifts from adding a belt that I noticed, however it did clear up the lower back issues I was getting on a squatting intensive program.

1 Like

Monday 8/31
Seated DB Tricep Extension
55 x 5 x 3 sets
Left arm still sucks and hates all of this exercise.

1 Like

Friday 9/4
DB Side Raises
75 x 4 x 3 sets

Saturday 9/5
DB Flyes - on the deck cause still no bench
40 x 12 x 4 sets

Sunday 9/6
Power Clean and 1 Front MP, 3 BTN all strict
135 x 2 sets
165 x 9 sets
Wanted 10, the last rep of number 9 so almost didn’t make it that I stopped it at 9. My left quad cramped pushing that last rep.
This past week sucked, but repairs to my rental property are essentially complete and no longer sucking up all of my time.

2 Likes

Tuesday 9/8
Deads
245 x 5
335 x 4
425 x 3
515 x 3 - straps on
605 - miss just off the grounf
605 - miss bottom of the knees
515 x 4 x 2 sets
Pissed off about the two misses, it was all mental I should have had it. Next week.

2 Likes

Big final jump to a max. Is this the max out everyday program that gym bros run?

LOL. It’s the I don’t do math during the workout and can’t remember what I did last time anyway workout. 515 felt easy, and I didn’t think about it bein 605. Just that it felt like I had another plate in me, and heavy deads clear my head. But, I knew somewhere inside it was a big jump because the misses were mental. I clearly didn’t wear myself out on the attempts. I got closer the second time and pulled sets of 4 afterwards.

1 Like

I’m sensing u didn’t do too good in maths at school lol

I did, but it’s a mental thing with lifting. Knowing the weight gets in your head, and i want to see where I’m at, not what I’m thinking. I absolutely should have had this, and I will get it next week. I think most gains are more neurological than anything else. You have it, you just need to do it and not listen to your body doubting. And whole plates are easier to calculate after the fact, so…
I’m not doing raises with 75’s because of careful progression an meticulous notes, if you know what I’m saying.

1 Like