Hard Time Keeping Food Down

okay so i have a question that’s become pretty important to me and needs to once and for all be addressed.

I’ve spent since may bulking, and in that time have gone from 147 lbs to 178 lbs. However, about 2 months ago I had something going on with me where whenever I ate, especially breakfast, the 2nd meal of the day, and the meal before going to bed, I felt like I could throw it up at any moment.

It seems that I am flat out never hungry anymore, and even when I wake up I feel full before I eat. It’s almost like my stomach has been nauseated too much for too long from bulking. My typical breakfast is 1 cup oats, 1 cup ff milk, 1 scoop whey protein, 2 eggs with smart balance butter, 1 multi vitamin, and a lot of water.

during this meal, not even half way through it, if i cough then i’ll have a gag reflex big time and will want to throw up the food. also, once i finally finish the meal which takes forever anymore due to having to be careful about pacing myself, i find that when i try and cough up a spit, my gag reflex comes right with it and i have to hold it in big time to keep from throwing up.

this is not so much the case with my meals in the middle of the day and evening time, but mostly first meal upon waking, slightly the 2nd meal, and sorta the last meal. either way I feel it’s keeping me from growing in size as it’s hard to have an appetite.

the only thing i can figure is that maybe i forced my body to gain quite a bit of weight in a short time, and it needs a little break (after all, 25-30 lbs in a year is pretty good in my opinion.)

If you’re only feeling sick for two meals, then eat a smaller breakfast and pre-bedtime meal.

Did you really need someone to tell you this?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
If you’re only feeling sick for two meals, then eat a smaller breakfast and pre-bedtime meal.

Did you really need someone to tell you this?[/quote]

let’s see, to me? yes, i felt i needed to at least ask, as from what i recollect, my entire life i’ve never felt completely on the verge of throwing up after every breakfast. as well, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and i like eating heavy there. as well, my weight has stalled at 176-178 for like 3 months now, and a lot of is due to this.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Did you really need someone to tell you this?

let’s see, to me? yes, i felt i needed to at least ask, as from what i recollect, my entire life i’ve never felt completely on the verge of throwing up after every breakfast. as well, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and i like eating heavy there. as well, my weight has stalled at 176-178 for like 3 months now, and a lot of is due to this.[/quote]

Maybe you have developed IBS

Eat smaller yet more dense. eat things LOADED with calories fats will be the most dense of course. a couple tblspoon of PB (400 k/cals) your bulking and stuck eat some bread couple peices 200-300 k/cals. 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive (200) in a cup of milk (100-200) 900-1200 k/cals add some natural jelly to that 50-100 hell 1 friggin sandwhich and a small drink bingo.

Phill

The same exact thing has happened to me. Unfortunately, I don’t really have an answer for you. It might be time to step back and just maintain for a bit.

Personally, I’ve been bulking for a year straight now, and while the gains have been good (30 lbs), my motivation to eat is gone and my gains really tapered off at the end.

It’s gotten so bad that I went to a all you can eat ribs night at a restaurant and only managed 2.5 racks. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands, coughed, and out came a chunk of ribs! For the next half hour I had to try to avoid laughing or coughing. I have actually thrown up a few times just from gagging.

I know I’m nowhere close to being where I want before cutting for the summer, but its hard to gain when you just can’t eat. Eatting calorically dense foods might help, but I know 5 months ago, I didn’t have a problem housing a box of hamburger helper for a meal. Now it’s two meals. You need to break the conditioning of gagging down food.

It’s probably genetic. I can eat 3x more than what I should eat if I don’t really watch myself, and a lot of people in my family are like this. Clean eating helps, obviously, but the tendency to eat a ton is still there.

IBS could be the issue. YOu may want to check with a Naturopathic Doctor.

I would back off the cals for a bit to maintain, and during this time, try adding some digestive enzymes with each meal especially the big ones, after a month of supplementing with the enzymes, go back to bigger meals. If the problem persists. I would race to a naturopath. Also adding some good bacteria to your your nutritional plan may be a good idea as well.

Last thing, maybe for your second meal Use Berardis “Supershake” it is very nutritionally dense, and the liquid may be beneficial for your second meal.

I generally have a similar problem. I am not hungry when I get up. I was generally eating 3-4 eggs w/ham and toast in the morning and found my stomach would bother me everyday and ocassionally I would start gagging when I coughed.

Now I just have a cup of coffee and toast or muffin before I leave the house. When I get to work, I have a protein shake and shortly after I’ll eat a substantial breakfast and that has worked well, I feel good everyday.

This problem could also relate directly to stress, and have nothing to do with working out. Are you having a stressful time at school or work? I personally can just not stomach breakfast when I have work/school afterwards, due to the amount of things on my mind.