T Nation

Hard Lump at Subq Injection Site

Hello, Ive recently started injecting subq and this is about my third injection. I’ve been injecting into the fat next to my belly button. I objected myself earlier and just noticed I have a really hard lump under the skin which you can visually see as well. Is this normal ?

FWIW I did see a Youtube video that specifically said not to inject next to the belly button. I have been using the “love handles” and being pretty low body fat, find that to be easy for me. Sometimes a little painful though.

Hmm I’ll bring it up to my doc since he’s the one who told me to inject it just like I do hcg since I have issues with IM injections. do you just pinch some skin at your love handles and inject at a 90 or 45 degree ?

Yep! 45 degree angle, maybe a little lower. Come to think of it, I should probably increase the angle a bit to lower the pain.

I’ve also done the fat 1-2" from the belly button and that seemed to work alright too but I would feel a lump of sorts. Haven’t really noticed that going further to the side.

I agree with Big Mistake. Give the love handle a try. Pinch up a small wad of skin. Go in straight and slowly move the needle from left to right or right to left. You are effectively spraying the T in the gap you have created by pinching and lifting the skin. It is so easy and so painless. No lumps no bumps no PIP.

1 Like

Go straight in as in a 90 degree ? Idk why but I’m like terrified that I’ll inject beyond the fat this way lol. And move it side to side as I’m injecting ?

Those lumps just happen sometimes. Try massaging the injection a little right afterwards if you tend to get them. And if you get past the fat, it just becomes IM, so no harm no foul.