Hard Boiled Eggs

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Boom! Problem solved: Eggies® System For Hard Boiled Eggs | Official Site
[/quote]

whoa.

1. the beginning of the video is EXACTLY me peeling eggs. except, i’m not a broad. and that’s not my kitchen.

2. $10?! do i look like Bill Gates to you? if i could afford a $10 contraption i’d have a private chef doing this for me.

3. plastic container in boiling water? don’t you know what that’ll do to my estrogen levels bro? high cortisol AND high estrogen? give me a wig, a pair of heels and put me out on the street.

4. but thanks for trying to help. it is a pretty cool contraption.[/quote]

Definitely worth the investment. Don’t worry about the plastic in water, im 100% positive it’l be made out of food safe pp, nothing to worry about

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

Definitely worth the investment. Don’t worry about the plastic in water, im 100% positive it’l be made out of food safe pp, nothing to worry about
[/quote]

but i’m not in the States. shipping would be 12 billion dollars. :frowning:

ProjectX- Stop been a girl.

Apparently the vinegar in the water is to help prevent the egg from cracking while it is boiling.

tweet

Would do it but they smell a little harsh for the corporate office. But I’ve seen them yield fantastic results.

Careful, Bird: 2020Wellness is going to jack your sh** up for stealing what I can only assume was going to be his next big recipe for the site. Now he’s going to have to find another forum to post a video of him boiling an egg.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Careful, Bird: 2020Wellness is going to jack your sh** up for stealing what I can only assume was going to be his next big recipe for the site. Now he’s going to have to find another forum to post a video of him boiling an egg.[/quote]

Nah man, eggs are high in CHOLESTEROL. The silent killer, dude.

Actually the vinegar is supposed to help dissolve and soften the shell, which is composed of calcium carbonate. It’s the same reaction as vinegar and baking soda(sodium bicarbonate) just much slower. If you want put a whole raw egg and shell into a glass of vinegar and in a few days the shell will have dissolved and the egg will just be a very delicate sac.

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Nah man, eggs are high in CHOLESTEROL. The silent killer, dude.[/quote]

Nah buddy, coffee is the silent killer. Use the search function.

tweet

Careful, Bird: 2020Wellness is going to jack your sh** up for stealing what I can only assume was going to be his next big recipe for the site. Now he’s going to have to find another forum to post a video of him boiling an egg.[/quote]

Yeah, but he’ll then film himself sprinkling a little salt on it,… a “quick and easy” recipe -lol.

S

[quote]theBird wrote:
ProjectX- Stop been a girl.

Apparently the vinegar in the water is to help prevent the egg from cracking while it is boiling.

tweet[/quote]

Got my wires crossed whoops.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
do any of you have insane difficulty peeling the shells?

i love hard boiled eggs but my Lord my cortisol goes through the roof trying to peel them.

so much so that i basically stopped having them entirely despite hard boiled being my preferred method of egg consumption.

sometimes they peel fine. but i’d say at least half the time it’s like the shell is glued to the egg and i rip off huge chunks of egg trying to get the shell off.

then my ab fat triples overnight from the cortisol dump.

(extra info: i prepare them by putting them in a pot of cold water, get it up to boiling, toss on a lid, take them off the heat and let stand for 10 mins. sometimes cool them in cold water after. perfect hard boiled egg but impossible to remove shell.)

please help.[/quote]

I peel about 30 eggs a day (I own and operate a restaurant) the key is not to allow the egg to cool down so much. Cool them off just slightly with cold water, then get to work.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi friends,
How many of you are eating your boiled eggs?
tweet[/quote]

Of Course!

After seeing this video and trying out the steaming method I doubt I’ll ever boil eggs again

i eat 6 in the morning with 1/4 cup egg whites and 6 at night for this diet phase…

@chrisq: Thanks for that video!

i get tired of their taste fast, but honey mustard helps at times

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:
Protip: Instead of hard boiling, drop the egg into boiling water for a minute killing any salmonella on the shell, crack it raw into a glass. pour a 1/2 Tbsp of organic raw cream on top. I would say drink or eat but its more of a gulp. Tastes great and is loaded with muscle building nutrition. Do as many as you need[/quote]

This seems like a good idea, but my only question is does this method actually kill salmonella, or have you just gotten very lucky and not consumed a bad egg yet?

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Nah man, eggs are high in CHOLESTEROL. The silent killer, dude.[/quote]

Nah buddy, coffee is the silent killer. Use the search function.

tweet[/quote]

well I’m fucked, 20 eggs and 600mg of caffeine a day

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Yeah, but he’ll then film himself sprinkling a little salt on it,… a “quick and easy” recipe -lol.

S[/quote]

LOL…just when I thought you guys had bought into his baloney.

For easier peeling eggs, use ones that are not as fresh, 5-7 days old. The pH of the egg drops lower than the membrane, making it easier to seperate.

Yeh dude good tip, great snack food