T Nation

Hard Body Training for Women 10 Week Log

Not entirely sure how logs work on this site… but it seemed like a great idea as I start the 10 week Hard Body Training for Women routine from Coach Thibaudeau. I’m not gym rookie - was a college athlete and a crossfit junkie thereafter. In the past year however I’ve just kind of gotten burnt out on the crossfit. I spent the past year doing (admittedly) stupid diets that leave me tired and deprived… i.e. intermittent fasting, sugar cleanses, no carb, low carb… you name it and I’ve done it. Just so hard to reprogram your brain to EAT MORE to lose weight.

Anyway, I’ve spent years at a comfortable and powerful 175 lbs (I’m 5’11), but recently am up to 193 lbs… all of which is just flub because my training has been non-existent. So here goes… I guess I log this stuff every day and hope someone reads it who might have some advice or insight (haven’t seen any logs yet for this program… at least not on my initial search)

Starting weight: 193
Goal weight for 10 week program: 183
Ultimate goal weight: 175.
Daily Calories: 1600 (upped this from 1200 which is just godawful I know)
Macros: 35% Carb 45% Protein 20% Fat - eating most of my carbs around my workout
Supplements: Taking the coach’s recommended Plasma and Mag-10… have been considering the Indigo but I’m skeptical and the price is a little steep.

Workout:
Week One - Thursday

Today’s food:

Breakfast
Strawberries, raw, 0.5 cup, halves
Quaker - Oats, 1 cup

Lunch
Grapes - Raw, 6 grape
Miracle whip - Miracle Whip, 1 tbsp
Starkist - Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water 9oz, 9 oz

Dinner
Atlantic - Salmon Filet, 8 oz filet cooked
Broccoli, raw, 2 cup chopped

Snacks
Pre Workout - Plazma Reactive Pump (Biotest) - Workout Nutrition, 65 g
Post Workout - Biotest - Mag-10 Anabolic Pulse, 2 Scoops (35g) 127
Afternoon - Body Key - Meal Replacement Shake - Rich Dutch Chocolate With Stevia, 1 level scoop (34.1)

TOTAL: Calories: 1,625 Carbs: 133g Fat: 46g Protein: 171g

Good luck on the program! I’m going to follow along as I hope to learn from the replies you get. Are you going to post your workouts? I was actually going to start the program while back. I did a few of the workouts but I can’t recall why I didn’t do the program. Probably chicken I guess! :wink:

I recently started the Green Faces Diet and started a log too. I couldn’t find much info on the diet so I’m hoping mine may be helpful to someone else too.

EDIT:
I guess you don’t need to post the workouts since they are here:

Thanks Jamie! I was just about to post the workout… you beat me to the punch.

You should totally try it again. Start light and don’t be intimidated. This first week has really been enjoyable.

I may give the program a try soon. I remember now that I started the program and did it for a couple of weeks. But, I didn’t feel I was getting a workout on the heavy lifting days because 1) I didn’t know how to test maxes and I didn’t do that. 2) never did the power cleans before and felt like a fish out of water. And 3) one of the gyms I use doesn’t have a ball heavier than 20lbs.

So overall I wasn’t getting or able to push myself hard enough. The conditioning stuff kicked my ass though.

I may do some homework & learn how to test maxes and do the cleans. Then I could give the program a go.

If you ever need any help or anything of the sort you’re more than welcome to bop around my Log. I’m a powerlifter but I’ve learned quite a bit of things being here. Plus we are in the same weight range( I’m 200lbs even), but most of it is muscle, although maybe by the end of the year I’ll cut down to 190 (mini cut), nothing extravagant. Keep pushing.

Back from a weekend away… I don’t think I’m really in the mindset yet to bring all my own food when I go away. Perhaps I need to get there or I’m never going to get ANYWHERE. I’m not in any kind of contest prep… but I do need to lose a significant amount of fat… so maybe I should stop ruining the progress I made during the week with a shitty diet over the weekend.

Friday is supposed to be a rest day… but since I was going to be out of town on Saturday, without access to a gym, I did Saturday’s workout on Friday. I was a bit burnt out from 5 mornings in a row (trying to do all morning workouts… been feeling great so far), but I felt great by the end. I took my Plazma before and during the workout and the Mag-10 after. I went to work and had my oatmeal, and lunch was tuna (per usual… I’m not the kind of person who needs to eat something different every day).

Was pretty proud for packing lunch for the 6 hour car ride on Friday… rather than stopping for fast food. Once we got to our destination though I went hog wild. Our friends had been smoking meats all day in preparation for our arrival. There were also a multitude of carby sides and snacks that I obligingly stuffed my face with.

The rest of the weekend went about the same way… beer, wine, food… rinse and repeat. Bookend that with a 6 hour drive home and a small DQ Blizzard I was feeling terrible last night.

Normally I’d take the monday morning off after a weekend bender like this… because normally I’m a big baby… but not today. 5:00 am wake up call for the workout came like a blaring siren in my “dead to the world” dreams.

Everything felt good this morning, I was definitely happy to be back in the gym… although I did screw up my weight for the slow eccentric back squat.

Toady’s food is more of the same from last week. More often than not I will have the same breakfast and lunch… I eat both at the office so it’s just easier that way.

So today was:

Workout:
Week Two - Monday

Today’s food:

Breakfast
Strawberries, raw, 0.5 cup, halves
Quaker - Oats, 1 cup

Lunch
Grapes - Raw, 6 grape
Miracle whip - Miracle Whip, 1 tbsp
Starkist - Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water 9oz, 9 oz

Dinner
Garlic and Parmesan spaghetti squash bake with chicken and ground turkey.

Snacks
Pre Workout - Plazma Reactive Pump (Biotest) - Workout Nutrition, 65 g
Post Workout - Biotest - Mag-10 Anabolic Pulse, 2 Scoops (35g) 127

TOTAL: Calories: 1,494 Carbs: 120g Fat: 32g Protein: 182g

Thank you!! I’ll definitely check out your log

I started the program last week and really like it so far. It’s funny when I do the bike sprints, in my head, I think I’m peddling really fast. But, then I catch a glance in the mirror and it looks nothing like a sprint. :joy: I’m going to work on that.