Harassed by 5-0 and not a criminal

Pat - use that brain for more than counting reps. “I have been harrased enough by those cock suckers for absolutely no reason”? How about your attitude? I’d clock you just for that. Cops put up with enough shit, many can read a person almost on sight, I’m 100% sure they see ‘arrogant asshole’ written in capital letters on your forehead and that’s reason enough to not cut you a break.

hahahaha! That was the funniest thing I’ve read in a while.

I should have been ,more specific. I really do not have a problem with the vice squad or detectives, or any of the more elevated positions in
law enforcement. The FBI does seem to be a bit on the dumb side lately though. I am more referring to the meter maid, traffic cops. Those bastard who sit on the side of the road with a laser radar to generate income for the county. What good does that do, to stop a mom in a minivan
doing 70 in 55 m.p.h. zone? There is an incredible amount of deceit, hypocrisy, and criminal activity with in the department. Are all cops bad? No. I judge them as a group to be assholes, I have met some good ones, but my general opinion is that you have to deflated moron to ever want to become a cop. If I speed I get a ticket. If I park in a handicapped spot, I get a BIG ticket. But just last year, I saw an off- duty police asshole, park his car in a handicapped spot. I called the police department to come and give the bastard a ticket, they flat told me he was an off-duty cop and they would not give him a ticket. I asked what would happen if I did that, they told me I would get fined and possibly towed. What the fuck was that? While in the mean time I had over $2000 worth of stereo equipment broken out of my car, I called the police department, they did not even want to come to my house. The cock sucker who broke into my car left a hand print on my back window the size of my shoe, they could no only tell who he was, they could have read his fucking future. They would not do it. How about the time I went for a midnight stroll with my brother. No drug or guns, we were not high, drunk, or stealing. Yet no less than 4 cops surrounded us. They questioned us, frisked us, and harrased us for who knows how long. Why? They told me I fit a profile becuase I had long hair, which wasn’t even that long. Did they let us go? Fuck no, they insisted on driving us home telling us we had no right to be walking around at that time of night. What country do we live in, the Soviet Union?As for cops who comfort beaten women and arrest the assholes who do it, or put their lives at risk, that is their job that’s what they signed up for, and what they should be doing. As for 9/11, I comend and respect ANYBODY who risked their lives to save others. Then there is you people who suggest that I should be mased, beaten and harrassed. Why? Becuase I expressed an opinion? Because I allowed myself to vent and express bitterness based on experience? I have no reason to like them and I don’t, so fucking sue me.

1. You don’t like them righting tickets? To bad. They don’t write the laws. The people you elect do. They are doing the job they are suppossed to do, enforcing the written laws. 2) Tremendous amount of criminal activity within the police force? You base this on what exactly? Research? 3)Actually cops don’t have to obey traffic laws while in an emergency vehicle (like a cop car). 4)Sounds to me like you did fit a profile at first of someone they had an eye out for. So, cops can’t stop people now that fit descriptions given of suspects given to them? That is legitimate police work. If you fit a description, they’re going to stop you and find out who you are. Deflated morons become cops? You’re a prick that couldn’t measure up to the integrity of 90% of cops out there.

“As for cops who comfort beaten women and arrest the assholes who do it, or put their lives at risk, that is their job that’s what they signed up for, and what they should be doing.” Not according to the Supreme Court. They’ve ruled that law enforcement officers are NOT legally obligated to protect the lives and/or property of citizens. And in your case, I doubt there are many who would rush in to do either. Pat, in writing you come off as an arrogant ass. In person, I’m sure you give pretty much the same impression. Everybody sing along now: ASSHOOOOLE-OOOMEEEEOOOO!!!

ALot of asshole cops are the peopel u used to pick on in school and decided to be a cop so they could boss people around when u know that if they werent a cop and the talked the way they did to u you would probably knock them on there ass. But thats neither here nor there cops are cops u piss one off and especially if u admit to any thing they have total control over your future weather is beating you with a nightstick sprayin u with pepper spray on just sayin u were resisting arrest and attacked an officer. They can put u in jail or keep u out. SO the best bet when dealin with cops is respect them even when they say shit u dont like Dont admit to ne thing and practice acting scared(when u are gettin a ticket this works) MAke them feel like #1 and they will most likley let u go. Hey im only 18 and have been running/dealin wit the cops since 13 im not sayin i kno all but i kno my share.

Asshole…(hey just wanted to say it bc it’s not me this time:) However, I have alot of family who are cops, and I think they’re jerks. Not bc they are cops, just bc they ARE jerks. I appreciate the fact that they are out there day in and day out, while we’re in bed sleeping, or at the gym pumping, they are on the streets protecting. I feel for you about the stereo equipment. I have been burgalarized before as well, very frustrating. But I have also seen an off duty police officer stand in between two very heated guys w/guns pointed at each other in Baltimore City and talk them out of making a big mistake. That took balls, huge BALLS! Did he have to do that, hell no. Did he get a medal or an award for that? Hell no… and he wasn’t even on the clock, but he did stop these two idiots from opening fire in the inner harbor and taking out inncoent people. My hats off to everyone who serves and protects.

i got pulled over for running at night once which kinda sucked, i was running the last stretch all out and next thing i know i hear a siren whoop and see the lights flash, it wasnt a big deal the cop asked if i had been robbing houses or if i had been using any drugs which i had to laugh at but then he searched me anyways and i was wearing only shorts which i thought was pretty shitty that and he kept his hand on his gun the whole time he talked to me, i think some cops go a little for on the power thing, but not all cops

ahhhhhh… the popo… i have been hit WAY too many times w/ the absolute most prickish cops in existence not to have a bad opinion of them. i do know good ones, nice ones, and hard workers. but i also know ones that admit breaking the laws they are sworn to uphold on a daily basis, and laugh about it. i cant count how many times i have seen a cop turn on his lights just to run a red light, then turn them off as soon as he is thru the light. WTF!!! i even saw a cop doin donuts in a mall parking lot late on night. you read right, donuts in his squad car! if that isnt a truckload of donkey shit, i dont know what is. i have been pulled over for speeding, which i was guilty of, and pulled out of the car, frisked, mouthed off to (called scum and punk kid), and even ‘assaulted.’ i was doing 70 in a 65 once, speeding, got nailed. i was as nice as could be, and was going to take the ticket like i deserved. but i had been messing w/ my audio system, and had a mother load of tools and wires laying around inside the car. the cop tells me to get out, put my hands on the car, and proceeds to pat me down. i ask what this is about, and he tells me to shut the hell up. he starts patting down my shirt, and then knocks my hat off my head. he turns me around, and tells me if he ever catches me again, i will spend the night in jail. i just nod. he then leaves. what the hell? i am leaving nothing out of this here story, because i am sickeningly sweet to cops when i get nailed. i call them sir, say please and thank you… and this guy has to be a total dickcheese. then, when i was 18, on my way to a girlfriends place way out in eas b.f.e., i get pulled over for doing 90 in a 55. in a horizon. my horizon didnt even break 80. i know, i tried. it started shaking and squealing like there was no tomorrow. spitting and sputtering… anyway, i get pulled over by a woman officer, and she was not bad. aside from the fact that my car didnt even go as fast as she claimed i was going, she was not a jerk. i told her i couldnt have been going that fast, and she just shook her head. i had no idea about being able to ask to see the readout and what not… i was only 18. anyhoo, she is back in her car writing me a ticket that i did not deserve. i was doing 60, yes, but 90!!! oh hell no. next thing i know, there is another set of lights behind me. i figure bob has come to meet mary w/ some fresh donuts… then i look over and there is a gun in my face. the dick asked me what the problem was. i said nothing sir, just sitting here. he told me i should keep it that way and to not move a muscle till the other cop got back to me. he then slowly backed away, gun on me the entire time. WHAT THE FUCK!!! i hadnt even unbuckled my seatbelt!!! what had i done that warranted a gun being pulled on me? is this common procedure w/ a traffic stop!!! but, once pulled over on columbia parkway, my windows were all foggy cuz it was frickin freezing, and the cop just stuck his head in the window and took a big sniff. told me everything was cool, that he thought we might have been smoking weed and fogging the windows. said have a nice day, and was gone. there are a million more i could tell, but dont have the time and i am sure you dont want to read them. but, cops are far from innocent when it comes to being total dick wads. not all are, but i would hazard a guess that the next one i come in contact w/ will be…

Sounds like a lot of people on this thread do not know their rights. A cop can not just search you when he/she feels like it. I don’t know why you are letting them get away with this. Also if a cop stops you to ask questions, you don’t have to answer and can just walk away. If a cop stops you and starts asking questions just ask him if you are under arrest. If the cop says no then tell the cop goodbye and walk away.

you need to check into your rights a little better before you give advise. Walking away from or refusing to answer police questions in some situations can get you arrested. If you have nothing to hide why not just take a minute and talk. I get paid a salary, not by the arrest. If you don’t have any connection with a crime, I stand only to be sued or fired for misconduct if I detain or search you unlawfully. For those complaining of being wronged so unjustly, why don’t you contact the police departments in question when something like that happens so that we can “police” ourselves? It is hard enough to do our jobs without a few disgruntled or misguided officers going around injuring our reputation.

I didn’t say to just get away, I said to ask if you are under arrest and if the cops says no then you can say you are leaving. I should know this stuff since I am a criminology major. Also you can not be arrested for refusing to answer police questions. Ever hear of the right to remain silent? You do not have to answer any questions a police officer asks. The police are allowed to ask questions but you don’t have to answer. If you are arrested for not answering questions than you could sue because your rights have been violated and this is an unlawful arrest.

you sound like a good guy, vice. and i dont doubt for a second that you are a good guy. but sometimes the system kicks the victim… i was assaulted on halloween of last year here at ohio university. i was also arrested because i had on the same costume as a guy who was vadalizing a bunch of stuff. i was wearing, get this, a cow costume. they were sold out at all three places that sell them in this area, so i ended up borrowing one from a friend. so there were a shitload of cows around. on the way to the station, the cop tells me that i am going to cooperate, or he is going to take a piece out of my ass. ok… then at the station, he cuffs me to the chair, and tells his partner to shoot me if i move. i kid you not, he told him to shoot me if i moved. i give him all the info he wanted, again, being as polite as humanly possible. i was even refused medical attention. he told me i would live. i had a gash over my eye that required stitches. i filed a report w/ the department, and wanted to know what would happen. nada. they told me a number of complaints have to be filed before anything is done. there was only 1 report against this particular cop so far, and mine made 2. evidently they need more than 2 to do anything. what a friggin crock. but like i said, nothing against you or any other good cop out there, i know they do indeed exist. its just that i usually end up meeting the pricks that give the good ones the bad name.

I’ve never really had any bad experiences with cops, but then again I do live in Canada. I’ve heard stories of some pretty corrupt cops. A few nights ago I was out bowling and there was a cop who was on duty standing around. My friend and I went to the bar because he was buying beer. What did we see? The cop bought himself a bunch of rum and coke and was drinking it and dancing around… Either way we found it funny since he looked like a very festive person. When I was younger my friend and I were riding our bikes at around 2am at night. Anyways we came across a cop at a parking lot, and well he just asked us what we are doing and we told him the truth, riding our bikes. So he made a joke of some sort and we laughed and we rode off. Anyways later on we saw a bunch of sirens by a donut shop so we drove up there and someone was lying down on the ground as if he was dead, but in reality he was pissed drunk. We saw the cop again and we asked him what happened, he said he didn’t know and asked us if we would find out heh. Then we saw him for the third time that night with a bunch of cop friends and well that third time he just made a crack about us being reporters because we are always at the crime scene… In any event I like the cops around my area, I’ve never had any problems with them and hope I don’t. Oh yah there was this one time my friend and I came across a female officer who was pretty bitchy, but she didn’t really do anything.

Ok, I feel I must concede this point for logic’s sake. Not all cops are bad. I can say I do not know this from experience, but logic states they can’t all be bad even though every single one I have had the displeasure to know has been a dick. I am sure as DA MAN will agree with me here, that if you eat five nasty stale Twinkies, your not going to give a sixth one a shot. In other words, if every single experience you have with the police is a bad one, then how can you possibly think there are good ones? Are there, sure…Have I met one…No. Now to address some things, if the police are not here to protect and serve as bound by the supreme court, then what do we need them for, what are they hench men? You want to know about criminal activity in the police force? Look no further than Dekalb County, Georgia. The sherrif ( I think his name is Derwin Brown)is in jail awaiting trail for capitol murder and conspiracy to comit murder. He did this while he was sherrif. You know who he murdered? The Sherrif elect, because the new sherrif was supposedely going to expose the corruption in the department. If you know Georgia at all you will know Dekalb is not a little red neck county, but a huge very populated county that is part of Atlanta- Metro. About tickets, well the police can write as many tickets as they want, only if they themselves follow the law. A policeman cannot violate the law in an emergency vehical if there is no dutiful reason to do so, and they damn sure aren’t allowed to park their cars in handicapped spots, unless their is a robbery going on. As for attitude, I have never not once pull attitude with a cop. I seek to get out of those situations as quickly as possible, being a smartass would only keep me there longer.

Now a note to ViceGuy: Thanks for not macing me! First, I can say that I fully expected you to reply to things I said with “Just let me meet you in a dark alley” sort of speak. I commend you for not doing so. I am sure its hard not to respond to “asshole” and “cocksucker” and the like. Very simply, I have had nothing but bad experiences…but if I run accross people like maybe I’ll change my attitude one day.

Now some of you may take this the wrong way, but my favorite scene is where Arnold walks into a police station and starts Terminating.

So my advice to anyone who is thinking of suicide, hey, why not use up most of your ammunition before you kill yourself? Go up to some cops and shoot them. Theyre not expecting it, so it would be so easy. Then when you kill yourself, youre guaranteed a place in heaven.

Kill a Cop for Christ!

Um… HELLO!!! Can we get a status check here? so far we have had a few posters relating their repeated interaction with cops. Frist of all, I’m 27 and have been pulled over three times in my entire life. What the heck are you people doing to get in trouble all the time? Second, did you perhaps notice that EVERY cop was a jerk to you… so maybe it is YOU that is the problem? They are not stupid, and they deal with the public all day every day - they read body language and verbal tone and attidude. If their impression is ‘this guy’s a jerk’ then they probably go on that. I know a good number of cops, and not all of them are assholes but they have little tolerence for people who ‘never do anything wrong’ but seem to get pulled over a lot.

If you fit the description of someone I am looking for and refuse to talk to me, you may very well end up being arrested. Simply answering a few questions, instead of taking the “Fifth” and walking away, could quickly and easily rule you out as the guy I am looking for. Without your cooperation and if I have enough “probable cause”, which I more than likely do otherwise I wouldn’t have stopped to question you, you may be making a mountain out of what was only a mole hill and the only one that stands to suffer or be put out in anyway is you. Just something to think about. Herc-15 years of trying to make the streets a little safe for your’s and mine…:slight_smile:

Cock Mongrel, don’t come into my town you pathetic weasel. You’ll find out that vigilante justice is harsher than any cop would give you. Just so that there is no misinterpretation, that IS a threat. Call the cops if you don’t like it. Arf. Arf.

michelle here is your status check…I have never been rude to a cop, never…No I am not the probelm, I have never been arrested. My crimes are few and no worse than anybody else here. Even if they sensed an attitude problem they do not have the right to manhandle me, hold me with out telling me why, or denying my right to walk the streets of america, but as I have been told before, thay can do anything they like. Even if I was a jerk here is your wake up call, It’s not illegal to be a jerk. I am not the only one who has had such probelms, many people in my area have been harrased for no reason including my mother. So perhaps it’s just the area in which I live. But no it’s not my attitude…I here expressed it here, only. You are so insistant that you know me…you don’t, and can’t possibly. Oh, and you don’t know my mother either.