Happy Valentine's Day

I didn’t get a card. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t depending on what I feel like doing. I always do something, just not the same thing.

It’s the same with Mother’s Day. Sometimes I send flowers, sometimes I take my mom out to eat, sometimes it’s just a card.

I know what Christmas is about. If you love Jesus then you probably don’t feel pressured to celebrate, right?

So why the pressure to celebrate what I assume would be love for your wife on V Day? It doesn’t have to be a card, you could get up and make her breakfast or take a bubble bath with her, those are both basically free since the ingredients are on hand.

Those of us that show our feelings on a regular basis aren’t feeling “pressure”. Those that aren’t doing all they could be are the ones that are guilted into the madness.

From what I’ve read of these post I get a sense of relief that I’m not alone in the way I feel.I resent the way advertisers shove their services and products at us.Buy this,buy that,then and only then,will you life be all it should,and this is the only possible way she will be happy.What B.S.!!

It was NBA All Star weekend! It was a great v-day for me. I’ll take basketball (or almost any other sport) anyday over chocolates, stuffed animals and flowers!

You make what you want from this day.

Personally, I think that for most lousy couples it`s catch-up-for-the-364 -other-drab-days. For couples who give each other gifts throughout the year, surprise or no surprise, Holiday or not, V-day is just another bead in the string of pearls of their couple. Well, just not another bead, because a Man who does not give something for V-day is asking for trouble, big time, because every lady expects it.

Sure, the commercial thing spoils a bit of the spirit. But on the bright side V-day led to the Steak and Blowjob Day!

Dan,

How could we all forget Steak and Blowjob day??? Oh the Horrors!

Ok, who wants to meet me at The Texas Roadhouse?

It’s not feeling pressure to “love your wife.” It’s feeling pressure to act in a way that the marketers claim as acceptable that irratates everyone!I am not crazy about anyone least of all national marketers telling me that I have to buy flowers (or whatever) for the one I love on any particular day.

And wether one “loves Jesus” or not, hardly anyone would disagree that Christmas has also become to commercialized. As my first post stated, “its about money” with them, nothing more nothing less.

Interesting fact: The chocolate manufacturers Association of America says that “36 million boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentines Day.” What is the price range for a box of chocolates $15.00 to $50.00? Do the math, I think Valentines Day will be around for a long time, unfortuneately.

i think christmas is almost along the same lines of v-day now. to me it seems like its just a bunch of family members that you only talk to like 3x per year getting together and feeling obligated to spend hundreds of dollars on gifts for others.

the whole christs birthday thing is prety much gone. same thing goes for easter.

thanksgiving is the only cool holiday anymore. simply because i can stuff my face.

P-DOG ^5

Well the holiday nobody seems to like here has come and gone. I hooked up with 2 girls I had “dated” previously. Both called me out of the blue a few days before and it worked out to a friday/saturday night split. That being said I had a happy v-day. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week.

what might this “^5” mean?

Wideguy!
So thoughtful of you to wish everyone happy valentine’s day! Happy Valentine’s Day to you too!!!

Went on a “first date” last night with a guy from the SWAT team. Very nice. He brought me long stemmed red roses when he showed up at my door. He opened all the doors for me, pulled up my chair, etc…very classy, especially for a guy who’s a gun instructor (is an M-16 a gun???)…I didn’t expect it and it made me feel a bit mushy inside. I even wore a skirt, girly red top, heels and a diamond choker! I haven’t dated in months and felt very nervous. He didn’t make a pass at me, so he gained gentleman points, although with all that romanitic stuff, he may have gotten lucky if he tried :wink:

Happy Day after Valentine’s Day!!!

Love and Aloha,
Chinadoll

China Doll!:slight_smile:

If I am not mistaken I have seen pictures of your fine ass, and greatly appreciate the mental portiat you painted in your respone. It’s nice to at least see one T-member not player-hate on such a beautiful holiday.
, Furthermore, for all the gentleman who where bitching about not wanting to have to buy candy/gifts for the women in their lives. Please take note of how far a simple gesture such as roses, a nice dinner, or even just some hard dick and conversation ( in my case) will get you on v-day. China Doll said she probobably let the guy get if he didn’t chump out. J/K :slight_smile: And from what I’ve seen that’s just not a bad thing any way you look at it.

BTW China Doll, how the hell haven’t you had a date in months?

“Please take note of how far a simple gesture such as roses, a nice dinner, or even just some hard dick and conversation ( in my case) will get you on v-day.”

i prefer a couple of 40’s of old E, and a motel 6!

I actually enjoy v-day as I like to get real creative in surprising the wife…& it has nothing to do with money.

Hi Wideguy!
You’re so cute!! I’m glad you’re encouraging the T-guys to take note of how far romantic gestures go. Note to you T-Men: the sexiest SEXIEST thing is for a tough-guy to surprise his girl by doing those sappy kind of romantic things…it shows us that there is more to you than just muscles and that you’re multidimensional. My ex-boyfriend, a monster in the gym, made a home run for the first time the day he invited me over for breakfast. He cooked the kind of high protein breakfast I like along with fresh-squeezed O.J., flowers on the table, romantic music, and said lots of sweet nothings…then carried me to his bed…reached behind the headboard, then dropped handfuls of rose petals onto me and onto the bed. ROSE PEATALS IN THE BED!! Of course by then I was ACHING to find out how the rest of it went… See how we gals are suckers for that kind of stuff? I’m still spinning from last night…wow that was first class.

Wide- I haven’t dated in months because I haven’t met a gentleman yet…most of the guys who’ve asked me out seemed like they were only after one thing. Also, my last relationship became very abusive, so I’m more cautious. Last night’s date was the first gentleman I’ve met since I broke up with my ex. I love the tough guy who knows how to be a gentleman with his girl, gets me all warm inside. I’m all warm inside today.

Wideguy~
P.S. I hope you had a great Valentine’s Day too!
Love and Aloha,
Chinadoll

Wideguy why don’t you and chinadoll get a room and spare the rest of us this sophomoric crap!

Player-hater a.k.a. Zeb, how’s it going man? Did you get my pm? I’m beginning to wonder if I share some sort of a clairvoyant connection with you or what, because that’s exactly what I type of shit I thought you were gonna say. Hhhhmmm?

China Doll, much love for reposting that picture. It’s definitely the one I’d thougth I recalled seing. Would have preferred one in the diamond choaker and the skirt:-) BTW that some full-on-Don-Juan type of shit that you described there in your last post. Did he actually have the rose petal hidden behind the headboard?!! Shiiit, I bet that was good night.