Happy Valentines Day

HOPE YA’LL LOVERS OUT THERE HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BE NICE TO THAT SPECIAL PERSON YOU LOVE!

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us - I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits - Yes, unhappily it must be so - You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves. And yet my life in V is now a wretched life - Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men - At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection? My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once - Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours"

Here is some poetry written by former WWE superstar Jeff Hardy:

Dream Man
She has no words to describe
The way he makes her feel
She can’t begin to imagine
If he touched her, how it’d feel.

Vision of his likeness
At night, inside her dreams
But at the dawning of wakefulness
His memory’s just a gleam.

It’s the closest she can get to him
A knowledge she must bear.
Only in the world of her subconscious
Can she show him how she cares.

A one-sided connection,
She uses him as her muse.
But he’s unaware of her existence
So he’s not really hers to loose.

She holds a tiny hope inside,
Never sharing it with others,
Of a secret love affair,
That she might have with her dream lover.

more.

I know a guy who refuses to send his wife a card on Valentine’s Day. She told me he makes a point of avoiding romantic gestures on Feb 14th and he has done so for over thirty years of marriage. He believes it was named after the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and he doesn’t want to celebrate tragedy.

[quote]roybot wrote:
I know a guy who refuses to send his wife a card on Valentine’s Day. She told me he makes a point of avoiding romantic gestures on Feb 14th and he has done so over thirty years of marriage. He believes it was named after the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and he doesn’t want to celebrate tragedy. [/quote]

Close. I believe that the tradition of trading cards comes to us from Hallmark (or some other giftcard outlet) as a way to increase sales.

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
HOPE YA’LL LOVERS OUT THERE HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BE NICE TO THAT SPECIAL PERSON YOU LOVE!

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us - I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits - Yes, unhappily it must be so - You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves. And yet my life in V is now a wretched life - Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men - At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection? My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once - Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours"[/quote]

Beethoven

What I got my love for VD

For anyone not getting these they’re pro basketball players from the Memphis Grizzlies. They have a valentines day card promotion this year. Pretty funny if you’re a NBA fan.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
I know a guy who refuses to send his wife a card on Valentine’s Day. She told me he makes a point of avoiding romantic gestures on Feb 14th and he has done so over thirty years of marriage. He believes it was named after the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and he doesn’t want to celebrate tragedy. [/quote]

Close. I believe that the tradition of trading cards comes to us from Hallmark (or some other giftcard outlet) as a way to increase sales.[/quote]

It’s not just cards: he does nothing romantic at all because he genuinely thinks that it’s exploiting the memory of those who died in the massacre. In his head he must believe that Valentine’s Day didn’t exist before 1929 to make that stick…

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Close. I believe that the tradition of trading cards comes to us from Hallmark (or some other giftcard outlet) as a way to increase sales.[/quote]

It’s not just cards: he does nothing romantic at all because he genuinely thinks that it’s exploiting the memory of those who died in the massacre. In his head he must believe that Valentine’s Day didn’t exist before 1929 to make that stick…

[/quote]
Is it possible for this guy to be bullshitting, so that he doesn’t have to do anything for Valentine’s Day?

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]
Is it possible for this guy to be bullshitting, so that he doesn’t have to do anything for Valentine’s Day?[/quote]

No obviously he is fucking retarded.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]
Is it possible for this guy to be bullshitting, so that he doesn’t have to do anything for Valentine’s Day?[/quote]

I think it’s a combination of that and ignorance. He bought an electric egg boiler after seeing mine, blew all the eggs up because he didn’t pierce the shells, then tried to blame me for not warning him.

His wife told me another story about how he sent her an unsigned card (literally took a blank card and put it in an envelope) on their Honeymoon, presumably because he was too embarrassed to sign it. So definitely a ‘curable romantic’, but I can believe he doesn’t know the events of the SVDM. His spouse has come out with some pearls, too.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]

I think it’s a combination of that and ignorance. He bought an electric egg boiler after seeing mine, blew all the eggs up because he didn’t pierce the shells, then tried to blame me for not warning him.

His wife told me another story about how he sent her an unsigned card (literally took a blank card and put it in an envelope) on their Honeymoon, presumably because he was too embarrassed to sign it. So definitely a ‘curable romantic’, but I can believe he doesn’t know the events of the SVDM. His spouse has come out with some pearls, too.

[/quote]
Wow.

And, they’ve been married for 30 years… She must have a lot of patience and a good sense of humor(?)

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
What I got my love for VD [/quote]

Wait, whuttt? Her reward for getting a VD or your recompense? lol

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow.

And, they’ve been married for 30 years… She must have a lot of patience and a good sense of humor(?)

[/quote]

They’re one of these couples who’ve grow together over time. Imagine if Peter Parker married the venom symbiote and you wouldn’t be far off. Plus, she was a child bride (married at 16) so she probably has no reference point by which to judge him.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow.

[/quote]

They’re one of these couples who’ve grow together over time. Imagine if Peter Parker married the venom symbiote and you wouldn’t be far off. Plus, she was a child bride (married at 16) so she probably has no reference point by which to judge him. [/quote]

And now you know why child brides are so popular - keeping expectations down since day one.