Happy News

http://www.happynews.com/index.aspx

Fuck the bad news, watching people being eating and little girls being driven over is not productive.

Life’s a piece if shit, when you look at it… (whistling, etc.)

Thanks for that!

I’m serious…it looks like a good site.

I’m of the mind that he media , while not of course overtly lying, will always try to make things look worse than they really are.
Hell, if the media tells you tomorrow will be Saturday then tomorrow will probably only be Friday night.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
http://www.happynews.com/index.aspx

Fuck the bad news, watching people being eating and little girls being driven over is not productive.[/quote]

I am with you, the media is horrible. After I read that face-eating story I was disturbed for days… This much better. We should make it a point to celebrate the good things in life. Bad things just suck.

The media makes no money from…“happy”.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
The media makes no money from…“happy”.[/quote]

Only because people watch the bad news. People enjoy the bad news. The media sells what the people want so if people didnt watch/buy the bad news then their would be more good news.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Only because people watch the bad news. People enjoy the bad news. The media sells what the people want so if people didnt watch/buy the bad news then their would be more good news.[/quote]

People are fucked up. Can’t remember where I read this, think it was by Nietzsche, it’s in the nature of man to always seek something horrible or terrible no matter how happy he is.

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Only because people watch the bad news. People enjoy the bad news. The media sells what the people want so if people didnt watch/buy the bad news then their would be more good news.[/quote]

People are fucked up. Can’t remember where I read this, think it was by Nietzsche, it’s in the nature of man to always seek something horrible or terrible no matter how happy he is.

[/quote]

Is it me or is the world getting way weirder?

Not published news, but a happy incident nonetheless:

I was at a redlight today, waiting for the green when 3 schoolbuses full of young gradeschool kids passed by. All the kids looked somewhat dazed and lost in their thoughts as they looked out the window. This made me smile, and then I noticed one cute little face (couldn’t tell if it was a boy or girl) suddenly smiled when he/she saw me smile. We locked eyes and smiled as the bus passed through the intersection.

This was the highlight of my day.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I was at a redlight today, waiting for the green when 3 schoolbuses full of young gradeschool kids passed by. All the kids looked somewhat dazed and lost in their thoughts as they looked out the window. This made me smile, and then I noticed one cute little face (couldn’t tell if it was a boy or girl) suddenly smiled when he/she saw me smile. We locked eyes and smiled as the bus passed through the intersection.

This was the highlight of my day. [/quote]
pedo lol

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

pedo lol[/quote]

hahah beat me to it!

but on the same note, sometimes i catch myself smiling if I see kids go by and they make me laugh or whatever. I wonder how many people think the same thing you did.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I’m not kidding when I say it’s a good thing, and would make me happy, if NONE of the kids gave me the finger.