Happy Miscarriage

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
pat wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:
It isn’t a child yet until it’s born.

so what is it?

“A child is a young human being between birth and puberty; a boy or girl. The legal definition of “child” generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority. “Child” may also describe a relationship with a parent or authority figure, or signify group membership in a clan, tribe, or religion; it can also signify being strongly affected by a specific time, place, or circumstance, as in “a child of nature” or “a child of the Sixties.”[1]”

“Biologically, a child is anyone in the developmental stage of childhood, between infancy and adulthood.”

A fetus is not a child.

What is it 5 minutes before it’s born, a dog?

He quoted that from some pro-abortion website that he didn’t bother to link. If it’s traveling down the birth canal, it’s non-human and not entitled to life. If it completely clears the birth canal, it’s all of a sudden human. If it’s dragged through the birth canal on a meat hook some time late third trimester, it’s fine because it wasn’t human anyway. [/quote]

Were you joking?

[quote]pat wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
pat wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:

so what is it?

“A child is a young human being between birth and puberty; a boy or girl. The legal definition of “child” generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority. “Child” may also describe a relationship with a parent or authority figure, or signify group membership in a clan, tribe, or religion; it can also signify being strongly affected by a specific time, place, or circumstance, as in “a child of nature” or “a child of the Sixties.”[1]”

“Biologically, a child is anyone in the developmental stage of childhood, between infancy and adulthood.”

A fetus is not a child.

He quoted that from some pro-abortion website that he didn’t bother to link. If it’s traveling down the birth canal, it’s non-human and not entitled to life. If it completely clears the birth canal, it’s all of a sudden human. If it’s dragged through the birth canal on a meat hook some time late third trimester, it’s fine because it wasn’t human anyway.

Were you joking?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
pat wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
pat wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:

so what is it?

A fetus is not a child.

He quoted that from some pro-abortion website that he didn’t bother to link. If it’s traveling down the birth canal, it’s non-human and not entitled to life. If it completely clears the birth canal, it’s all of a sudden human. If it’s dragged through the birth canal on a meat hook some time late third trimester, it’s fine because it wasn’t human anyway.

Were you joking?

Yes.
[/quote]

I thought so, but sometimes it’s hard to tell based on pure text. I have heard some obtuse shit try to be passed of truth.

My intent was not to start an abortion debate so I tried to post this in get a life. And yeah I do think he should have kicked the chick to the curb but he’s not a line troop he works in a office answering radio’s. But thats another story.

[quote]pat wrote:
I have heard some obtuse shit try to be passed of truth.[/quote]

Heard? You’re one of the main purveyor.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
That does NOT negate its rights as a human being.
[/quote]

A fetus cannot have rights until it is born when it actually becomes a being. It isn’t even technically “alive” because it does not have a life of it’s own. It is still a part of the mother.

I do believe that if a doctor performs an abortion and the fetus is fully functional (with or without life-support) then he cannot kill it.

[quote]jawara wrote:
A buddy of mine’s wife cheated on him with another soldier and got pregnant. A couple days ago he told me he wish she would have a miscarriage and sure a shit she did. He told me about it and was very happy about it. I wasn’t. I know I’m going thru what he’s going thru but I just couldnt wish for the death of an innocent child. Am I wrong to feel this way?[/quote]

No. Your a good man.

Fetus is latin for “offspring, bringing forth”. Why do people use the word fetus to make it sound like it is less than a human life? Anyway, you may not be able to change your friend’s mind about the miscarriage…but you are right to feel the way you do. It sounds like you are struggling through questions of human morality and are on the right track. PM me if you are interested in knowing more, I have studied this quite a bit.

[quote]jawara wrote:
A buddy of mine’s wife cheated on him with another soldier and got pregnant. A couple days ago he told me he wish she would have a miscarriage and sure a shit she did. He told me about it and was very happy about it. I wasn’t. I know I’m going thru what he’s going thru but I just couldnt wish for the death of an innocent child. Am I wrong to feel this way?[/quote]

You are perfectly entitled to feel however you like.
He is perfectly entitled to feel however he likes.

How he feels about his own situation is none of your business.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
That does NOT negate its rights as a human being.

A fetus cannot have rights until it is born when it actually becomes a being. It isn’t even technically “alive” because it does not have a life of it’s own. It is still a part of the mother.

I do believe that if a doctor performs an abortion and the fetus is fully functional (with or without life-support) then he cannot kill it.[/quote]

what if they kill it while it’s in there? Have you ever seen a late term abortion? I saw an ultrasound of one being performed and it was one of the worste things I ever seen in my life. And I’ve seen some fucked up stuff in my life. The “fetus” was squirming and writhing as soon as they stuck the tube in and started poking it and sucking it apart. Anyone performs or supports late term abortions is a sick piece of shit in my book. Morning after pill, fine. If the thing is trying to fight back and writhing in pain you are one sick son of bitch.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
what if they kill it while it’s in there?[/quote]

As long as it is still inside the mother it is just a parasite as far as I am concerned. Once it is outside all bets are off.

[quote]
Have you ever seen a late term abortion? I saw an ultrasound of one being performed and it was one of the worste things I ever seen in my life. And I’ve seen some fucked up stuff in my life. The “fetus” was squirming and writhing as soon as they stuck the tube in and started poking it and sucking it apart.[/quote]

Sounds gross.

dhickey wrote:
what if they kill it while it’s in there?

As long as it is still inside the mother it is just a parasite as far as I am concerned. Once it is outside all bets are off.

Have you ever seen a late term abortion? I saw an ultrasound of one being performed and it was one of the worste things I ever seen in my life. And I’ve seen some fucked up stuff in my life. The “fetus” was squirming and writhing as soon as they stuck the tube in and started poking it and sucking it apart.

Sounds gross.
[/quote]

Why does dependence make someone a rightless creature?

Should a disabled child who is completely dependent on his/her parents be killed? Is such a child a ‘parasite’?

Suppose that you need a kidney machine to live. Are you a parasite on the machine?

Life is a process that begins from the moment of conception until your body reverts back to the chemicals of which its composed. What’s the difference between a bundle of chemicals and a living being?

[quote]pookie wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:
counterfeitsoda wrote:

so what is it?

Let’s see…

No heart to speak of. Zero brain activity.

Holy Crap! It’s a Republican!
[/quote]

lol

Kapow!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Have you ever seen a late term abortion? I saw an ultrasound of one being performed and it was one of the worste things I ever seen in my life. And I’ve seen some fucked up stuff in my life. The “fetus” was squirming and writhing as soon as they stuck the tube in and started poking it and sucking it apart.

Sounds gross.

Should a disabled child who is completely dependent on his/her parents be killed? Is such a child a ‘parasite’?

Suppose that you need a kidney machine to live. Are you a parasite on the machine?

Life is a process that begins from the moment of conception until your body reverts back to the chemicals of which its composed. What’s the difference between a bundle of chemicals and a living being?

[/quote]

If someone is having an abortion, they obviously don’t want the child or circumstances won’t let them have it. So in that case, why would you willing let them birth a child that they don’t want. If your parent’s were not ready for a child emotionally and could not have an abortion due to the fetus’s “rights”, I see that as a damn good way to ensure there will be a parentless child in the future. Which is crueler, being quite aware that you are starving to death, or getting knocked out in one go.

According to these sources, that child seems to fit the description of a parasite.
kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary -
parasite [�?p�?r�?sait] noun
an animal or plant that lives on another animal or plant without giving anything in return
2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

Note- I’m pretty sure that you could still be an investor (and hence useful) on a kidney machine.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Why does dependence make someone a rightless creature?[/quote]

It doesn’t. It is still attached to the host which makes it a parasite.

No. Outside the woumb it is a being. Inside it is not.

[quote]
Suppose that you need a kidney machine to live. Are you a parasite on the machine?[/quote]
No. A parasite must be attached to a biological host. If someone else was attached to my kidney then it would be a parasite.

[quote]
What’s the difference between a bundle of chemicals and a living being?[/quote]

A mind.

Headhunter wrote:

It doesn’t. It is still attached to the host which makes it a parasite.

No. Outside the woumb it is a being. Inside it is not.

No. A parasite must be attached to a biological host. If someone else was attached to my kidney then it would be a parasite.

What’s the difference between a bundle of chemicals and a living being?

A mind.[/quote]

Babies are not parasites. Stop trying to redefine words.

I hate how my posts never get quoted…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Sounds gross.

[/quote]

I agree with HH, cute kid btw.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Babies are not parasites. Stop trying to redefine words.[/quote]

If it weren’t for him redefining words, he would not know the meaning of anything he says.

He has to say most of the shit he spews for shock value. There is no rational person who can have so many conflicting opinions.

It’s like he cancels himself out every time he posts.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Sounds gross.

I agree with HH, cute kid btw.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve been blessed with her and her two brothers, and a truly tremendous wife.