Happy Fat People?

I was on the subway today and this big woman sat down next to me. No big deal, I wasn’t squished or anything, but I got somewhat curious and I thought to myself, Are there genuinely happy fat people out there? I mean, chunky people who are truly happy with their lives and seem really contented?

My thought actually went into something like, “Maybe they are happy with their lives and don’t really give a fuck how they look like. Maybe their families are their one great source of happiness or they may actually have never tried to lose weight because that’s the last thing on their priority list.”

I don’t discriminate or anything like that, its just a curious observation. So do any of you guys know “heavy set” people who are GENUINELY happy with what they have and wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world?

Santa seems happy. Sorry had to do it. I think the better question would be what is the percentage of people that are truly happy with life period. People have hang ups and by nature not satisfied with life, be that skinny, fat, ugly, pretty etc.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Santa seems happy. Sorry had to do it. I think the better question would be what is the percentage of people that are truly happy with life period. People have hang ups and by nature not satisfied with life, be that skinny, fat, ugly, pretty etc. [/quote]

Right, I completely missed that. But I guess what I’m saying is, I’ve never met a chunky person who was satisfied with how they looked and they always wanted to lose weight, so fat people are generally not happy with themselves.

Just tryna find like a few ones who are happy with themselves is all.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Santa seems happy. Sorry had to do it. I think the better question would be what is the percentage of people that are truly happy with life period. People have hang ups and by nature not satisfied with life, be that skinny, fat, ugly, pretty etc. [/quote]

Right, I completely missed that. But I guess what I’m saying is, I’ve never met a chunky person who was satisfied with how they looked and they always wanted to lose weight, so fat people are generally not happy with themselves.

Just tryna find like a few ones who are happy with themselves is all.[/quote]

I have met quite a few, been working in the medical field since I was 18. Now at 36 believe me I have met a LOT of people. What I have found that society likes to put people in boxes and when someone succeeds there are 30 mother fuckers trying to tear him down. When people are fat that is just the first thing people jump on. Human nature.

[quote]SSC wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism[/quote]

Okay could have gone through life without looking at that.

Are any people in this world truly happy? I would venture truly content people are few and far between.

Anyways, no, I dont think she is happy.

I have, I think everyone wants to improve something about themselves regardless of whether they are happy with who they are or not. Being overweight can be limiting in many regards but if you are a person who isn’t affected by it then you probably wouldn’t care. If you are an outdoors kinda person then it would be more of an issue then a person who enjoys other things.
I think T nation has a lot of people who think that overweight people aren’t happy or just lazy fucks when that’s not really true for a lot of people.

Can of worms opened.

Well, I think that we all probably have a pretty different idea of what “fat” is around here :stuck_out_tongue: if we’re talking <30% body fat, I’m sure there are plenty of people who are happy with the way they look and feel… But beyond that? I guess it’s possible, but I’ve never seen it. I mean, every human being wants to feel attractive; men and women both have sex drives.

It doesn’t make sense to know that you’re unattractive to the opposite sex for a specific reason (which has only negative side affects and no potential positives), and manage to be perfectly happy with that. Plus, I imagine that even if someone is perfectly happy with themselves for a time, they probably start kicking themselves in the ass and hating it as soon as one of the many obesity-related health issues rears its head.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
I was on the subway today and this big woman sat down next to me. No big deal, I wasn’t squished or anything, but I got somewhat curious and I thought to myself, Are there genuinely happy fat people out there? I mean, chunky people who are truly happy with their lives and seem really contented?

My thought actually went into something like, “Maybe they are happy with their lives and don’t really give a fuck how they look like. Maybe their families are their one great source of happiness or they may actually have never tried to lose weight because that’s the last thing on their priority list.”

I don’t discriminate or anything like that, its just a curious observation. So do any of you guys know “heavy set” people who are GENUINELY happy with what they have and wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world?[/quote]

I am heavy set person, and “happy” (I call it joy). That doesn’t mean I deny that rationally and logically I need to lose fat.

No one’s fucking happy.

I’d say that there are plenty of fat people who just don’t give a fuck, and that’s the next best thing.

Of course there are plenty of chunky fuckers who are just as happy if not happier than every person with a “good body”.

The very fact that a lot of these people are reasonably content in their own skin and don’t feel the need to starve themselves or work out to fulfil their own narcissistic tendencies would indicate that at least a few are happier than a lot of people caught up in the bodybuilding culture.

are there any happy skinny people ?

well sure

this boy seems to like being fat !

i think no matter your size you can be content, love your life, but i think when daily things are a challenge
such as climbing stairs… playing with your kids… then you doubt your true hapiness?
BUT i have met large people who really dont care… not even for their health knowing it will give them a much longer life? I dont get this…

i was only large when pregnant with my kiddos… happy YES i was growing a beautiful life inside me, this is the only time i could ever understand it… but after each one i wanted my body back

people hide behind the fat for many reasons, once they figure out the real problem they care about their
life again, IMO

you know your crazy IF you watch what you eat and actually exercise… BUT only to the overweight or super skinny

Ignorance is bliss.

I think it’s easier to be happy as a big person if you are a capable and somewhat athletic big person. I’ve known some HEFTY guys who are still somewhat athletic, they love sports but they also love chips and beer. These guys seem just as happy and comfortable in their own skin. To me these guys tend to not take shallow materealistic things not so seriously.

A buddy of mine and his wife are both heavy, but they love going out, to the beach, they travel, they always have BBQ’s and people over, and genuinely seem happy. But they are not materealistic at all.

They don’t have a flat screen tv, they don’t buy name brand items, they don’t endulge in a lot of the shallow things a lot of people tend to, and they don’t put a lot of emphasis on looks or looking their best (granted they’re not higeous beasts either), but despit all that or maybe because of all that they seem to be living and enjoying life and not taking anything too serious.

There are happy fat people just like there are happy poor people. It all depends on your outlook.

[quote]EurekaBulldogLaw wrote:
No one’s fucking happy.

.[/quote]

Speak for yourself!

BBB

I hate to say it (actually, I love saying it), but fat people are the bane of society. Fatties are wrecking our environment and our economy. Fat fucks consume more than they need and they should be ashamed of themselves and their destructive behavior. Overeaters are a drain on our environment with their laissez-faire attitude toward the well-being of this lovely planet and country.

Think about it. They eat way too much food. It requires more agriculture to sustain their eating habits than is necessary, and farming is one of the largest sources of pollution in the country and by far the largest source of water pollution. If fat people would just eat when they need to and not when they want to, there wouldn't be as large a demand for agriculture and we could lessen the damage farming does to the environment. Plus, they are notorious for eating fast food and other prepared foods that use excessive packaging. Cut the greasy foods out of their diet and these fast food chains that create vast amounts of garbage won't create quite as much.

Fat-asses invariably require more clothing to cover their grotesque bodies than trim, fit people like ourselves. If these fat-asses would get to the gym once in a while or place their refrigerator as far from their couch as possible, and then run to the frig whenever they get hungry, they'd spend most of their time running back and forth in their house and would eventually lose weight. A loss of weight results in less surface area which results in less clothing needed which results in less clothing production. Less clothing factories means less pollution as well.

This brings me to another point. The human body puts out about 55 BTU's per hour. The differences from person to person is determined by the body's surface area. Rotund butterballs, with more surface area than they really need, put out more BTU's than they should be, thereby contributing to global warming.

Because human blimps invariably eat more than they need to, their bowel movements are consequentially larger and occur with more frequency than people who keep their eating in check. Sewage waste is a large source of pollution, as is the methane gas that inevitably occurs with more regularity when people eat fatty, starchy foods containing an over-abundance of simple carbohydrates. They also generally tend to spend less time outdoors getting exercise than environmentally-sound, slender people do. When these butterballs sit indoors, they use more electricity than people enjoying the great outdoors do. 

When they find the energy to go outside, they rarely walk or bike anywhere, as evidenced by their rotund physiques. They drive their cars, and regardless of what type of car it is, it gets less gas mileage than it would if they were not fat. These weighed-down cars also do more damage to the roads, which our tax dollars pay to repair. Overweight people have a much higher rate of diabetes than normal-sized people and as a result, there are more used syringes to dispose of than there should be.

Fat people are also a drain on the healthcare system. Their fat-clogged arteries put them at a drastically higher risk of heart problems, joint and ligament problems and other health-related issues. So what do we, as a society, do about this?

It's simple: fat people should be eliminated through a highly aggressive taxation policy that will force them into a more sustainable lifestyle. Societal rejection and ridicule of their lifestyles should be highly encouraged and they should be treated much like people with leprosy, tuberculosis and red hair.

Are fat people truly happy? Why wouldn't they be? They live a life of wholesale excess at the expense of the environment and the rest of society. They should be put in huge fucking cages and paraded through the streets like the grotesque spectacle that they are before being thrown in the Gulf of Mexico. Perhaps their fat fucking carcasses could be used to feed the dwindling blue whale population.

Or perhaps we should just physically assault them to satisfy our own base instincts. So the question is: have you slit a fatty's fucking throat today? If not, what's stopping you?