Happy Columbus Day!!

I thought I would join the Dems in celebrating the first Democrat!

I mean, who knew?

[i]Happy Columbus Day!
Bet ya didn’t realize that Christopher Columbus was the world’s very first democrat. Yup.

Really, consider this: Christopher Columbus had no idea where he was going, when he got there, he had no idea where he was, so he went home not knowing where he had been. And he did it all on government money!

Later, he was credited for doing what he did not do for Columbus was not the first to discover America, nor was he the first European to land at America. In fact, that Columbus never even saw North America.

However, Columbus was the first to exploit, enslave and slaughter the Arawak Indians of Haiti, and syphilis was introduced into Europe by his crew.

So. A democrat for sure![/i]

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

I mean, who knew?

[i]Happy Columbus Day!
Bet ya didn’t realize that Christopher Columbus was the world’s very first democrat. Yup.

Really, consider this: Christopher Columbus had no idea where he was going, when he got there, he had no idea where he was, so he went home not knowing where he had been. And he did it all on government money!

Later, he was credited for doing what he did not do for Columbus was not the first to discover America, nor was he the first European to land at America. In fact, that Columbus never even saw North America.

However, Columbus was the first to exploit, enslave and slaughter the Arawak Indians of Haiti, and syphilis was introduced into Europe by his crew.

[/quote]

There are numerous Americans from my part of the country that take offense to your joke and it has nothing to do with party lines.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

I mean, who knew?

[i]Happy Columbus Day!

[/quote]

One of the few good things in Howard Zinn’s People’s History, is his depiction of the brutality toward the natives. The natives were violent cannibals though (they killed and ate the Caribs) so who know who provoked who. Hard to treat someone with civility when they try to gnaw off your shin.

HH