Happy (American) Thanksgiving, y'all!

I hope you have a great day, whether hunkering down under covid precautions or living it up. What are a couple things you’re thankful for?

I’ll start - the great community here (really, really) and the scent of turkey and cornbread stuffing baking in the oven!

5 Likes

I’m just glad to be here. :+1:

Me and the wife are communicating and getting along pretty well.

Kiddo is happy and healthy. We keep having to get him new shoes and stuff every few months it seems.

5 Likes
  1. My family is happy and healthy- enough said
  2. We have family friends that seem to genuinely derive pleasure from helping us. They bring us food, help us with handiwork and spend time with us on a regular basis despite the fact that the husband lost his job and they have to take care of his mother, who is bipolar, diabetic and has severe alzheimers
    @SkyzykS these are the rib ppl
  3. My research advisor- First, this guy agreed to work with me despite recovering from major surgery. Second, he’s incredibly generous with his time. We have 90 min meetings, 1/2 of which are spent talking about random stuff. Third, he does work that technically I should be doing
  4. My Diff Eq professor- I went from avoiding math to actually liking it because of him
  5. For the first time, I’m doing groupwork with ppl who actually give a shit
3 Likes
  1. Family is all healthy and well, including the old ass in-laws
  2. Since I’ve been working from home my relationship with my wife has become 100% better due to 2 reasons. No misunderstandings due to the robot way I word texts, and so much mid-day sex.
  3. My son is home from college for a couple of months. He’s the first one to leave the nest and it was difficult on everyone.
3 Likes