T Nation

Hany's Training Log

Tuesday 2-Aug-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Recovery Week

Still in the recovery week, working on my mobility. Today’s workout was bodyweight exercises only abs, push up, jumping jacks, squats, one-leg RDL, squats, dive-bomber, etc.

Thursday 4-Aug-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Recovery Week

Main Lift 1: Deadlift
1 x 5 @ 60 Kg
1 x 4 @ 70 kg
1 x 3 @ 80 Kg
1 x 2 @ 90 kg
1 x 3 @ 105.5 kg
1 x 3 @ 120 kg

Main Lift 2: Bench Press (pyramids)
1 x 10 @ 20 kg (bar only)
1 x 8 @ 30 kg
1 x 6 @ 40 kg
1 x 5 @ 50 kg
1 x 4 @ 60 kg
1 x 3 @ 70 kg
1 x 2 @ 80 kg
1 x 3 @ 70 kg
1 x 4 @ 60 kg
1 x 5 @ 50 kg
1 x 6 @ 40 kg
1 x 7 @ 30 kg
1 x 10 @ 20 kg (bar only)

10 minutes Cardio and abs

Saturday 6-August-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Cycle 3, Week 2, Day 1

I’ve started to get to the track again after 3 weeks away from real iron training. Today’s session went good, not easy (I’m in a challenge LOL) but not that dreadful.

Main Lift: Squat:
1 x 3 @ 85 kg (6 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 95 kg (7 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 107.5 kg (9 RPE)

BBB: 5 x 5 @ 95 kg (80% TM)
1 x 5
1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 2

Assistance:
RDL: 3 x 10 @ 70 kg (6 RPE)

Hip Thrusts: 2 x 10 @ 50 kg

Cardio: 15 minutes of rope skipping, abs workout and dynamic stretching

Thursday 11-August-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Cycle 3, Week 2, Day 2,3

My week was very hard and my schedule was very scattered so I couldn’t follow my usual training days. Today was my sisters marriage in the court so we were very busy preparing documents and other stuff. I had also many many meeting in the office till late hours. It was best solution to shift my workouts to the weekend (here in KSA weekend is Thursday and Friday). I combined press and DL workouts in a single session and dropped some assistance exercises. Here is how it went:

Main Lift: Deadlift
1 x 3 @ 105 kg
1 x 3 @ 120 kg
1 x 3 @ 135 kg

BBB: 3 x 3 @ 120 kg

Main Lift: Overhead Press:
1 x 3 @ 52.5 kg
1 x 3 @ 60 kg
1 x 3 @ 67.5 kg

BBB: 5 x 3 @ 60 kg

Assistance:
Pullup 2 x 5 @ body weight
Front Squat: 2 x 10 @ 40 kg
Band pull apart: 100 reps between assistance sets

I started each main lift with good pyramid warming up (5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps)

Wish I can do the bench press workout tomorrow and back to the track next week.

Saturday 13-August-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Cycle 3, Week 3, Day 1

I felt better today after good 7 hours sleep last night. I thought it will be a good idea to do the missed bench press day with the squat of today; but result was not that desired. I did a new PR in the squat and raised my 1RM to 120kg (actually I did 1 x 3 @ 112.5 kg easily). After squat I moved to bench press but failed to hit the last set, felt totally drained and a little dizziness so I decided not to take the risk because my wife (the spotter) were away.

Main Lift: Squat
1 x 5 @ 90 kg (6 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 102.5 kg (7 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 112.5 kg (> 7 RPE) (PR)

BBB:
1 x 3 @ 107.5kg
1 x 3 @ 107.5 kg
1 x 3 @ 107.5 kg
1 x 2 @ 107.5 kg
1 x 2 @ 107.5 kg (partial double)

Assistance:
RDL 2 x 10 @70 kg (tempo 313)

Main Lift: Bench Press: (3 x 3 missed week)
1 x 3 @ 75 kg
1 x 3 @ 85 kg
1 x 1 @ 95 kg (failed)

Assistance:
Kroc Row: 2 x 10 @ 37.5 kg

Abs: 3 circuits of HIIT upper/lower abs

Keep your head up brother, you’ll be back on track soon.

Dear Mark, thanks for your encouragement that I really appreciate and always looking for. I’m not upset at all of my figures. I know it was a very stressful month, I had no quality sleep, stressed in my job (I was only one step of resigning from the job) and busy with my sister’s wedding, but I well understand lifting is two steps forward, one step backward and two steps forward. So, I’m not upset at all. Life isn’t linear at all. I will do my best cause lifting is not a challenge and I’m not preparing for a competition. I do it for myself, my self enjoyment, as a reward to my health, to have a better life. It doesn’t need to be reason or a cause of stress BUT a pain and stress relief. I’m happy with yesterday’s results, new squat PR is a good thing. I’ve learnt that I need to do more pecs work during my week, so I will add push ups daily. I try and experiment the results and it is like a game, a very thrilling game.

Thanks so much friend for keeping an eye on my logs and your motivation. Wish you best in your life and I really hope to meet you one day. You are welcome anytime in your second country; Egypt.

Best reason to do anything. Good call on the push ups too. You may want to add some bench on your press day too; I’m playing with that at the moment.

Glad I can help/encourage in any way, and thanks for the invitation. If you ever come to Australia, let me know.

I will return back to my old technique and add incline bench press to the press day. As you know I’m muslim and we pray 5 times per day, I will also add 15 push up after each prayer, this used to work well for me.

Australia is on my list friend, very interesting dive spots there and rich nature life. I will contact you for sure when I plan to give your great country a visit.

Congratulations to your sister!! @MarkKO is a huge support to me and I couldn’t ask for better advice :smiley: I just wish I could hear his accent when he gives it to me haha. I look forward to see more of your post.

@countrygirl2016 thanks for your comment. Mark is a great person, he is my mentor, and the one who introduced me to powerlifting, I always trust his words and follow his videos and logs to learn more. Actually all people here in t-nation are great and very supportive.

BTW my sister’s wedding party will be held after two months (mid of October) in Sharm El Sheikh. It will be a mix of wedding party and boat trip. We will celebrate onboard of a boat. All of you are welcome to join us and have a great vacation. You will love Sharm El Sheikh too much, and if you are interested in diving like me you will have a great chance to dive one of the best diving spots in the world.

That sounds amazingly beautiful and I appreciate the offer!! I haven’t heard of that place before but I’m sure it’s very far away. I hope you have a great time and maybe post a picture to your log when it happens :wink:

I am truly honoured my friend.

That would, that’s 75 push ups a day. Do you do different variations each time?

@MarkKO when I followed this method before, I used to do different variation each time
Early morning: Diamond
Mid day: Classic
Afternoon: Wide
Sunset: Incline
Night: Deep

Nice. My take on push-ups right now is to do them as closely to how I bench as possible: medium wide, tucked elbows and pinning my scapulae back. The jury is still out on how well it’s working.

I believe it will be a good approach too. I try to hit the pecs from all angles to make the required balance between pecs and triceps. I have a doubt that my triceps is the reason for benching stale.

Sunday 14-August-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Cycle 3, Week 3, Day 1

I’m back again on the track. Today’s workout was awesome.

Main Lift: Overhead Press
1 x 5 @ 55kg (7 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 65kg (8 RPE)
1 x 1 @ 70 kg (95% TM) (> 9 RPE) took 5 seconds to fully extended my arms

BBB: 5 x 3 @ 65 kg (8 RPE)

Assistance:

Snatch Grip High Pull: 3 x 3 @ 50, 55, 62.5 kg

Chin Up: 3 x 5 @ body weight

Front delt raises using plate: 4 x 10 @ 15kg

Lateral delt raises: 4 x 10 @ 5 kg (DB)

Snatch Grip BTN (Klokov’s Press): 3 x 8 @ 40 kg (the most exercise that works my back delts)

Band pull apart: between assistance sets

3 abs circuits

Tuesday 16-August-2016
12 Weeks BBB Challenge
Cycle 3, Week 3, Day 3

The toughest day in the cycle!! I started to fail at the BBB lifts although I eat well and my macros are up to maintenance. Anyway I will not give up and will try to do my best to squeeze my strength and do as much as possible of the BBB.

Main Lift: Deadlift
1 x 5 @ 112.5 kg (6 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 127.5 kg (8 RPE)
1 x 1 @ 145 kg (9 RPE) that’s 95% of TM and only 5 kg below what I really could ever lift before

BBB: I could only do 3 sets of 5
1 x 3 @ 135 kg
1 x 3 @ 135 kg
1 x 2 @ 135 kg

Assistance:

Front Squat / Good Morning (Superset) : 2 x 10 @ 40 kg

3 circuits of abs HIIT exercises

Your positive energy motivates me!!! I have been a little negative after a crazy yesterday but I need to get my mind right like you. Thank you