5/3/1 FSL 12 weeks program (MarkKo Template)
Cycle 1, Week 2, Day 3
@MarkKO I don’t understand what is going on!!! Although I’m eating well and my calories are at maintenance and I eat carbs pre and post workout, my strength falls down at the last set. Today was deadlift 3x3. I should do 3+ reps @ 140kg for the last set but I failed to break the bar from the ground. Comparing between current week and last week ( the first week after coming back from 6 weeks low carb diet and vacation):
Last week (3 x 5 week):
- Deadlift last set: failed to complete 5th rep @ 140kg
- Paused front squat: it was very hard to rack the barbell on my shoulders and I really struggled to do each rep. I was about to lose balance and tried the 3 grips before I could do 3 x 2.
Current week (3 x 3 week):
- Deadlift last set: failed completely to break the bar from the ground @ 150kg. Felt like back of my head will blow out, no leg drive at all, although I tried with belt, hand straps and even mixed grip but no success.
- Paused front squat: No issues, I could easily rack the bar, and did the prescribed sets without any problems and leg drive was good and I increased the weight also.
Now I don’t understand what is going on. Sometimes I fail, next time I success and vice versa, also my weight is increasing rapidly, I gained 1.2 kgs in 2 days. I’m pretty sure it is not fat at all!!! I still feel tightness and soreness all over my body, especially quads and hamstrings. I feel that there is s big rock into my hamstrings. I eat well, my protein intake is around 175g, carbs around 260g, and fats always below 50g.
Should I continue or I have to deload for one week and start again? Also what about nutrition and inflammation? is it normal after such break. It was the longest break I’ve ever had since 2 years so I have no experience.
Here is how the day went:
Main Lift: Deadlift:
1 x 3 @ 115kg (7 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 132.5 kg (8 RPE)
1 x 3 @ 150 kg (failed)
FSL: 2 x 5 @ 115 kg
- Paused Front Squat: 5 x 2 @ (60, 65, 70, 70, 70 kg)
- BB Row: 5 x 10 @ 60 kg
- BB biceps curl: 3 x 12 @ 20 kg