Hankey, Gay?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Whatever, I’m curious about what big guys do re. steroids too. Unfortunately, do to the legal status of steroids I don’t expect them to speak about it.

And I’m not saying you’re lying prof X (I saw the steroids thread), but I find it entirely understandable why someone would be curious.

Why is everyone flaming this guy so bad? He asked, you answered, end of story… Or did I miss something?[/quote]

You know what’s insulting? Spending 15 years hitting the gym 5-6 days a week WITHOUT FAIL through finals, mid terms, board exams, bad relationships, late days at work and minor sickness…choking down food when you aren’t hungry every single day 6 times a day or more again WITHOUT FAIL…being more dedicated than most people will ever give credit for and sticking with this when all others have dropped out long ago…and then having someone try to say that drugs did it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You know what’s insulting? Spending 15 years hitting the gym 5-6 days a week WITHOUT FAIL through finals, mid terms, board exams, bad relationships, late days at work and minor sickness…choking down food when you aren’t hungry every single day 6 times a day or more again WITHOUT FAIL…being more dedicated than most people will ever give credit for and sticking with this when all others have dropped out long ago…and then having someone try to say that drugs did it.[/quote]

You could look at it from the other point of view too. I mean, I’ll be honest, I’m fairly familiar with drugs and their effects and would have guessed that you’ve used something sometime. If anything the fact that you didn’t is 10x MORE impressive to me. Take it as a compliment.

Anyway, the only reason I even spoke up is because I can’t blame anyone for being curious. Hankey may be trollin, but a lot of guys just want to know what they have to do.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You know what’s insulting? Spending 15 years hitting the gym 5-6 days a week WITHOUT FAIL through finals, mid terms, board exams, bad relationships, late days at work and minor sickness…choking down food when you aren’t hungry every single day 6 times a day or more again WITHOUT FAIL…being more dedicated than most people will ever give credit for and sticking with this when all others have dropped out long ago…and then having someone try to say that drugs did it.

You could look at it from the other point of view too. I mean, I’ll be honest, I’m fairly familiar with drugs and their effects and would have guessed that you’ve used something sometime. If anything the fact that you didn’t is 10x MORE impressive to me. Take it as a compliment.

Anyway, the only reason I even spoke up is because I can’t blame anyone for being curious. Hankey may be trollin, but a lot of guys just want to know what they have to do.
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but for the last 8 years on this site I have been YELLING what to do. What I got in return for it is tons of posts about how “personal trainer A” says bulking up is bad and how everyone wants ripped abs every two months. That is if they weren’t trying to insult me for carrying more fat when gaining.

Most of the very people SO worried about who is using what will never put that amount of time in. They won’t spend a few years working on only size and strength because they want to look like a cover model RIGHT NOW…which is why they are dieting down every other month and then wondering why they aren’t growing.

Most here aren’t even as developed as I was 8 years ago when I posted that first pic with me kneeling in the backyard at only 210lbs. The focus is on the wrong shit.

Why not be more concerned about how hard you are training and why you aren’t growing?

You can’t inject dedication and you won’t be making progress much at all no matter what you use if you don’t have the desire stronger than most. There is no magic pill or drug that instantly turns non-dedicated 130lbs guys into pro bodybuilding heavy weights.

Because this has become like everything else in the world. People want instant gratification and quick fixes. They don’t want to fight for every pound of muscle. They freak out if they get stretch marks. When I started lifting in High School, there wasn’t all this supplement frenzy.It was packing a brown grocery bag of food and eating as much as you could get in you. Now there are 18 year old kids wanting to know if they should use 11-T. WTF!?!

Getting big isn’t easy, it hurts, there is pain.
The weak usually go away.
How many people usually stay past a year after they get their membership?
Most gyms anymore are so pussified(24 fitness) that their goal is to make you into a Ken doll.
“I want to look like Juggernaught,asshole!”

This is no way a montage to X but a thanks.

I’ve been lurking round the forums for a while now…and from the moment I could tell X was big dude. I’ll even go so far as to admit that I have gone through page and apge of his posts on his profile to see what he has written. And also those posts in which he was complimented and agreed with. I have learnt a lot and everything he says would have (and was) common sense to me at the beginning of my training life…but as I read T-Nation it was information overload. I was confused, rotated my workouts every 4-6 weeks and ate like they said too. I didn’t improve. The reason, I was eating and training the way a 30-40 year old should…I was 17-18.

I think it is a shame that X has changed his profile picture, and sad that within minutes of his previous one a copycat was formed. WHen it was a tru picture of what weight training and nutrition can produce it was inspiring…and even emphasised and gave even more weight to what he was saying.

It is a sad state that these forums are turning into and only a few of the truly big guys remain. It is a shame that the swarms of fan boys are chasing these guys away.

beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I’m sorry, but for the last 8 years on this site I have been YELLING what to do. What I got in return for it is tons of posts about how “personal trainer A” says bulking up is bad and how everyone wants ripped abs every two months. That is if they weren’t trying to insult me for carrying more fat when gaining.

Most of the very people SO worried about who is using what will never put that amount of time in. They won’t spend a few years working on only size and strength because they want to look like a cover model RIGHT NOW…which is why they are dieting down every other month and then wondering why they aren’t growing.

Most here aren’t even as developed as I was 8 years ago when I posted that first pic with me kneeling in the backyard at only 210lbs. The focus is on the wrong shit.

Why not be more concerned about how hard you are training and why you aren’t growing?[/quote]

Nothing to argue with there. You have a great point actually. Unfortunately most bigger guys are using, which is probably why it seems like you’re going against the stream.

Keep preachin it, man. Most of your posts stand to reason, so anyone with eyes to see will get the message. Maybe the people with no dedication are the first to speak up, IDK, but I feel obliged to say that over time I have come to agree with your overall message and I appreciate you posting it.

beebuddy wrote:
Whatever, I’m curious about what big guys do re. steroids too. Unfortunately, do to the legal status of steroids I don’t expect them to speak about it.

And I’m not saying you’re lying prof X (I saw the steroids thread), but I find it entirely understandable why someone would be curious.

Why is everyone flaming this guy so bad? He asked, you answered, end of story… Or did I miss something?

You know what’s insulting? Spending 15 years hitting the gym 5-6 days a week WITHOUT FAIL through finals, mid terms, board exams, bad relationships, late days at work and minor sickness…choking down food when you aren’t hungry every single day 6 times a day or more again WITHOUT FAIL…being more dedicated than most people will ever give credit for and sticking with this when all others have dropped out long ago…and then having someone try to say that drugs did it.[/quote]

That said you should start juicing, I want to see what would happen.

You are exactly right. How many of those idiots with at the gym will even last 5 years. This is a world of instant gratification. People want what they want, when they want it.
There are 18 y/o kids asking if they should use 11-T.
WTF!?!
When I started in high school all I had was a big brown grocery bag, and I would fill it up and go to school.
Did give a crap what my “macro-nutrient profile” was?

You go into any 24 fitness-type gym, they want to make you into a Ken doll.
“In 12 weeks you can look like this!”
“FU Asshole, I want to look like Juggernaught!”

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Why not be more concerned about how hard you are training and why you aren’t growing?

Nothing to argue with there. You have a great point actually. Unfortunately most bigger guys are using, which is probably why it seems like you’re going against the stream.

Keep preachin it, man. Most of your posts stand to reason, so anyone with eyes to see will get the message. Maybe the people with no dedication are the first to speak up, IDK, but I feel obliged to say that over time I have come to agree with your overall message and I appreciate you posting it.
[/quote]

What you don’t get is that it doesn’t matter if the big guys are using. The big guys are still working harder than most of the people worried so much about what they are using.

Worry about yourself and realize that this shit is not for average people. Average people won’t make it to the gym in a hurricane no matter how much testosterone they inject.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

Why is everyone flaming this guy so bad? He asked, you answered, end of story… Or did I miss something?[/quote]

The reasons I personally felt the need to tweek the fuck out on Hankey the shit:

1. He insulted someone that is valuable to this site. Someone, regardless if you like his attitude or not, that is one of the most knowledgeable people in the community. And has proven this by “walking the walk.” Even if he HAD used them, if your first conclusion is he did, and that is why he is that big, it’s fucking insulting & straight ignorant. It is like assuming because someone is black they are good at basketball. Or because someone is white they have a tiny penis and can’t dance for shit. Or because someone is Asian they are a math genius. Total ignorance.

2. If you’re going to ask someone that question you don’t make a thread about it, calling him or her out. It blows my mind someone would have to have that explained to them.

3. A long time friend of mine recently hanged himself. Well when they went through his house they found Steroids and needles. He hadn’t done a cycle in over 2 fucking years, but I guess he and another friend were planning another. Well of course the cops ran all over the world with this, and suddenly, even people that had known this kid for 15 years were saying it was the steroids. Stories in the paper and shit, and his name was mud, pegged a drug peddler and an overall foul dude.

Now he was kind of a prick, but that is beside the point. Everyone thought it was Steroids that made him depressed. What about the 5th he drank every night, what about the H he was snorting, what about the fact he had some of the deepest emotional scars I have ever seen? But no it was Steroids, and suddenly he is better off dead.

Hankey is just like all these other douche bags. Totally ignorant of the truth, ignorant of the man, but assumes he knows what is up. People like him are the reason that instead of a day drinking beers remembering a friend, and moving on, we had to defend our friend, a man I learned quite a bit from. Asshole or not, he did nothing that needed defending, but we had to anyway, because of dicks like Hankey.

You can’t inject dedication and you won’t be making progress much at all no matter what you use if you don’t have the desire stronger than most. There is no magic pill or drug that instantly turns non-dedicated 130lbs guys into pro bodybuilding heavy weights.[/quote]

For what its worth, your posting and advice (and the advice of others) has helped me out a lot. Helped me realize that I wasted a lot of time trying to be lean when I didn’t have a base to reveal. It’s been a good year so far of eating big, gaining weight and getting stronger (although I need to readjust now and eat more), so hopefully it will be a good couple more years. Then I’ll think about “cutting.”

Keep preaching what you do, Professor X. It does help a few of us.

[quote]badkarma2112 wrote:
Because this has become like everything else in the world. People want instant gratification and quick fixes. They don’t want to fight for every pound of muscle. They freak out if they get stretch marks. When I started lifting in High School, there wasn’t all this supplement frenzy.It was packing a brown grocery bag of food and eating as much as you could get in you. Now there are 18 year old kids wanting to know if they should use 11-T. WTF!?!

Getting big isn’t easy, it hurts, there is pain.
The weak usually go away.
How many people usually stay past a year after they get their membership?
Most gyms anymore are so pussified(24 fitness) that their goal is to make you into a Ken doll.
“I want to look like Juggernaught,asshole!”
[/quote]

I’ve got more stretch marks now then I have unblemished skin…lol.

Well…nearly.

We lost people like Gifted (Brandon Curry) on this site because of just what we are talking about here. If anyone here thinks he just woke up one day looking like that, they have some screws loose. He was far ahead of the game long before he started competing. Regardless of what he may use now as a pro, you can not act like that is why he looks the way he does.

People without the drive want to blame everything BUT the hard work for why that big guy in the gym makes more progress.

None of that is going to cover up the fact that the people pointing fingers missed several days of training in the last month and will be making New Year’s Resolutions like all of the other soon to be gym failures in a couple of months.

What you don’t get is that it doesn’t matter if the big guys are using. The big guys are still working harder than most of the people worried so much about what they are using.

Worry about yourself and realize that this shit is not for average people. Average people won’t make it to the gym in a hurricane no matter how much testosterone they inject.[/quote]

No, I get it. Some people actually take for granted that hard work and dedication are key. What took me time to appreciate about your posts is that you’re addressing people that don’t. I’ve understood how this works since I was in my early twenties and I first started to put on some serious size and meet my strength goals.

I frequently take this a step further with people that laugh at big guys that are using and say “lol roids,” as if the would be humongous “if only they would sink to that roid-heads low level.” Frankly, I wasn’t aware until recently just how many people actually don’t realize that pushing yourself to the extreme is how you get big muscles. I thought everyone knew that. Ironically, it really wasn’t until I started posting here that I encountered people that don’t understand that. That’s why it took me awhile to understand why you were YELLING about how to do it. I get it now, and I appreciate it.

I still question the overall effectiveness of a thread like this though.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Worry about yourself and realize that this shit is not for average people. Average people won’t make it to the gym in a hurricane no matter how much testosterone they inject.

No, I get it. Some people actually take for granted that hard work and dedication are key. What took me time to appreciate about your posts is that you’re addressing people that don’t. I’ve understood how this works since I was in my early twenties and I first started to put on some serious size and meet my strength goals.

I frequently take this a step further with people that laugh at big guys that are using and say “lol roids,” as if the would be humongous “if only they would sink to that roid-heads low level.” Frankly, I wasn’t aware until recently just how many people actually don’t realize that pushing yourself to the extreme is how you get big muscles. I thought everyone knew that. Ironically, it really wasn’t until I started posting here that I encountered people that don’t understand that. That’s why it took me awhile to understand why you were YELLING about how to do it. I get it now, and I appreciate it.

I still question the overall effectiveness of a thread like this though. [/quote]

Basic human nature. The average person who hasn’t achieved much would rather bring other people down to their level even if it means they won’t make further progress themselves. Unfortunately, it seems like people who are just like that are taking over the site in majority and have been for years. If it keeps up, everyone who does stand out will leave.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

Why is everyone flaming this guy so bad? He asked, you answered, end of story… Or did I miss something?

The reasons I personally felt the need to tweek the fuck out on Hankey the shit:

1. He insulted someone that is valuable to this site. Someone, regardless if you like his attitude or not, that is one of the most knowledgeable people in the community. And has proven this by “walking the walk.” Even if he HAD used them, if your first conclusion is he did, and that is why he is that big, it’s fucking insulting & straight ignorant. It is like assuming because someone is black they are good at basketball. Or because someone is white they have a tiny penis and can’t dance for shit. Or because someone is Asian they are a math genius. Total ignorance.

2. If you’re going to ask someone that question you don’t make a thread about it, calling him or her out. It blows my mind someone would have to have that explained to them.

3. A long time friend of mine recently hanged himself. Well when they went through his house they found Steroids and needles. He hadn’t done a cycle in over 2 fucking years, but I guess he and another friend were planning another. Well of course the cops ran all over the world with this, and suddenly, even people that had known this kid for 15 years were saying it was the steroids. Stories in the paper and shit, and his name was mud, pegged a drug peddler and an overall foul dude.

Now he was kind of a prick, but that is beside the point. Everyone thought it was Steroids that made him depressed. What about the 5th he drank every night, what about the H he was snorting, what about the fact he had some of the deepest emotional scars I have ever seen? But no it was Steroids, and suddenly he is better off dead.

Hankey is just like all these other douche bags. Totally ignorant of the truth, ignorant of the man, but assumes he knows what is up. People like him are the reason that instead of a day drinking beers remembering a friend, and moving on, we had to defend our friend, a man I learned quite a bit from. Asshole or not, he did nothing that needed defending, but we had to anyway, because of dicks like Hankey.
[/quote]

Yea, if he insulted him I guess I didn’t see it. I didn’t get through every post. If that’s the case, then fuck him.

…the hardest workers are the people over 40…even though they started too late to truly gain enough size to be “big” and are generally just trying to maintain where they are…[/quote]

Some of us “old bastards” appreciate the left-handed compliment, Doc…

You are probably right, that tide won’t probably turn back.
I’ll still buy Biotest stuff, read an article if it looks interesting, but 99% of the threads just spiral into name calling.

What can be done? How do you keep the people that really matter around?

Nobody is going to keep hanging around only to get shots taken at them.

But how many people have a vested interest in the lifestyle? I think to most it’s nothing more than a hobby like playing x-box.
I keep hoping they’ll get bored and go away, but they just keep popping up.

Basic human nature. The average person who hasn’t achieved much would rather bring other people down to their level even if it means they won’t make further progress themselves. Unfortunately, it seems like people who are just like that are taking over the site in majority and have been for years. If it keeps up, everyone who does stand out will leave. [/quote]

Well, like I said, man. Keep cracking. I’m just giving you my 2c worth. This site is about lifting weights to get big and strong. So I’m down with 99% of what you’re saying. It’s a good thing.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Professor X wrote:
…the hardest workers are the people over 40…even though they started too late to truly gain enough size to be “big” and are generally just trying to maintain where they are…

Some of us “old bastards” appreciate the left-handed compliment, Doc…

[/quote]

It wasn’t left handed. It was the truth. Those are the guys I speak to nightly because they are more focused than the jackasses lifting up their shirts to reveal their 145lbs six packs in the mirror every 5 minutes. They are the ones who will make comments about my progress, the ones who motivate me to even think about competing. There is a ton of shit you can learn from the guy who has made it well past 35 and STILL works out regularly instead of making excuses.

Those are the people I asked questions of, especially the ones who did get big and maintained it.

That is what I want to be…50+ years old and still bigger and stronger than people half my age.

There’s nothing “left handed” about it.