Hangover Forum

Alright, finally an area that I know a little something about. First, what to avoid. Passing out in your underwear in an unfamiliar area of wooded America. Just trust me. What to do. At the end of the night I have found that rinsing out the beer bong and then filling it with water, two or three times will do the trick, the massive amount of water will cause you to pass out where you stand, but upon waking you won’t even remember having been drunk. Cheers!!!

Tylenol with alcohol is bad news. Hard on the liver.

i agree drink lots of water,but mind you dont piss the bed,i like do do bodyweight squats an pushups the next day,the blood pumped around the body makes me feel beter(for a while)

I don’t drink! But for those of you that do, getting rehydrated and taking some aspirin is the key.

I gleaned this info from NewScientist.First eat protein high in cysteine(eggs,whey/NAC)throughout the night to keep glutathione levels high(assists alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase in detoxifying alcohol and it’s byproducts),drink alot of water(alcohol shuts down production of anti diuretic hormone),avoid methanol rich spirits,instead drink vodka,and finally take in a high water carb drink before bed since alcohol depletes the liver of glycogen.

I found a article on how 40-80iu’s of vit e per kg helps to prevent alcohol induced brain damage (rat model)from binge drinking.If you binge drink enough as a youth(teens-20’s)you could impair your memory as you age so maybe(recommended by the doc’s who did the study) give this vit e treatment a try.BTW this study was presented at the Society for Neuroscience (Nov2000)in New Orleans by Hampson,Eskay and Hamelink of the NIH in Bethesda,Maryland.

If it wasn’t obvious the e should be taken before you drink.

Hi-Cal. meal (preferably while still wasted) as much water as you can handle and some Vit. C. If possible don’t go to sleep while still drunk. When you wake: Gatorade then a Bloody Mary or a Red Eye (all my real drinkers know what that is). Have a med. size balanced meal, got out and get twisted again. Mack

I’ll post a good reply…as soon as the room stops spining…ohhhhh my fuckin head!.
bluuuuugh, ugplguh, pssh! damn, Im gonna have to clean that up in the morning.jk.
I don’t know, I always run out of money before I get shitfaced. I guess thats a good way to avoid a hangover.

As well as drinking heaps of water, alcohol - especially beer - depletes your vit B levels, so try and have some before bed. caffeine will also offer a pretty good temp relief, though its dehydrating effects can cause some problems.

avoud one all togther…2 pints of water and 3 ibuprophen before bed. (put them there before you go out!!!) i’ve NEVER had a hangover using this!

I don’t drink anymore, but when I used to I had great success taking a couple caps of Milk Thistle, a few multi-vitamins and and few advils or aleves, then wash them down with as much water as you can handle without forcing yourself into bed pissing. In the morning take a cold shower drink some coffee, and plenty more water, eat a lite breakfast (if you can stomach it) and you’re good to go. My best advice however is lay off the binges, it’s just not worth it…Note to catfish, we didn’t need to hear about you half nude, hammered in the woods, that could be bad news. OUT

Half nude, HAH, wouldn’t that be nice. What I wouldn’t give to wake up and know the wearabouts of my clothing, just once, is that too much to ask? To NK, I don’t know about milk thistles, but waking up in actual thistles sucks too. OUCH