Hang Snatch Help

Could I get some feedback on how to improve my hang power snatch? I really have no background in the lift.

please and thank you

Really hard to see given the weird lighting and the super-sideways video, but I’ll tell you one thing, you look to be working much too heavy on the weight. The hang snatch should be technically perfect, especially for a guy with no background in the lift, before moving up in weight. You fight the very first rep of your second video. There is no way you can do the lift technically correct for 3 reps if you’re fighting that way on your first one.

Second thought, you need to strengthen your overhead squat. That will help with all varieties of snatch, and it builds meat on your upper back and traps.

Honestly I’m having a very hard time analyzing the video sideways.

Another thought that I can pick up easily:

1. your head/chin is tucked down very hard in all your reps. That’s bad. No. Head neutral.

2. you need to work on getting under the bar faster. This means

a) lighter weight you can actually do properly

b) hang snatch from the pocket/power position (ie: hip crease), no descent prior to pulling (this is just personal opinion, since I like to use these with people). This means you have to pull fast and get down to recieve, because you can’t pull it as high from the hip. This means you have to be faster getting down

c) drop snatch (also called the snatch balance). In order to be done at all, you HAVE to be getting down quick.

I’m sure others will have much more to say, probly better than my eyes right now.

First thanks for your advic. Second I posted from my phone so ill try to fix the view on my comp.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Second thought, you need to strengthen your overhead squat. That will help with all varieties of snatch, and it builds meat on your upper back and traps.

[/quote]

This, oh my giddy aunt this.

From being able to do just the bar and progress to just 60KG my traps, shoulders and arms have become slightly thicker. Hopefully I can improve till 100KG in good time.