Hang Cleans and Long Arms

I’m a tall dude. 6’7" With long arms/short torso. I figured this was a pretty legitimate question… During the hang clean since I have longer arms should i go a lil lower than ‘just about the knees’ or should it be a comfort thing (which i doubt cuz technique is whats most important in oly lifts) Anyway, some insight por favor?

All info is highly appreciated. Thanx in advance

Barks!

[quote]barks217 wrote:
I’m a tall dude. 6’7" With long arms/short torso. I figured this was a pretty legitimate question… During the hang clean since I have longer arms should i go a lil lower than ‘just about the knees’ or should it be a comfort thing (which i doubt cuz technique is whats most important in oly lifts) Anyway, some insight por favor?

All info is highly appreciated. Thanx in advance

Barks![/quote]

I guess my first question is Hang Clean from where: Explosion Phase (EP), Above Knee (AK), Below Knee (BK)?

I fyou’re doing AK, I’d say stop at mid quad, but if you’re doing BK, stop just below the very bottom of the knee or slightly below.

You’re arm length, while a fator, shouldn’t alter things too much, just make sure to move your grip out some more.

Hey Thanx. and whats this explosion phase about?

any other information?

[quote]barks217 wrote:
Hey Thanx. and whats this explosion phase about?[/quote]

The Explosion Phase is the position where one starts to jump the bar up, if that makes sense.