Handicapped Spinner

Last night I witnessed something pretty screwed up at the gym I workout at.
I saw this somewhat chubby girl, in her late 20’s, parking her car in the handicapped spot in front of the gym. She got out, walked into the gym, and then preceeded to teach…a fuckin spin class.
Some guy had the balls to say something to the manager who replied that the woman had her right knee replaced and that is why she had the sticker.
Is it just me or is this fucked up. Obviously her knee wasn’t such a disability, she road and taught a spin bike for 45 minutes. why does this fucker have a handicapped sticker?

this is what really pisses me off.

Because it’s America?

why do you care? you want to park there?

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
why do you care? you want to park there?[/quote]

So you condone this? How about the fact that it’s bullshit, is that enough for you. There used to be a time where people would find a problem with this type of behavior. I guess the “me first” attitude that has come with the bloated populace of this “empire” we have created, fuels that type of attitude.
Some people in this country feel entitled these fuckin days. I guess you figure if it doesn’t hurt me then I should mind my own business.
This is my business, and it is everybody’s business. I wonder how many people would take this bitches class if they knew what she was doing.

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
why do you care? you want to park there?[/quote]

The handicap spot is there for a reason; so people with real handicaps do not have to roll/crawl/hobble through the parking lot. When someone who does not have a handicap takes the spot, it defeats the purpose of the spot, and leaves it not available if someone that is actually handicapped comes along.

If natural selection were in order, self serving shit heads like this would have had their gene pool wiped out ions ago.

Well technically, if natural selection were in order, self serving shit heads would thrive. The disabled and the people who hold themselves back by helping them would most likely die off. Self serving is good from an evolutionary standpoint.

While I don’t think its right to steal the handicapped spot either, our moral objections don’t change the basic principals of evolution.

she might of had another disability that the manager did not know about. I remember when my mom had cancer, she couldn’t stay in the sun very long and was severely weakened from the cancer so she got a handy cap sign. Just about everybody would not know anything was wrong with her.

[quote]Taquito wrote:
Well technically, if natural selection were in order, self serving shit heads would thrive. The disabled and the people who hold themselves back by helping them would most likely die off. Self serving is good from an evolutionary standpoint.

While I don’t think its right to steal the handicapped spot either, our moral objections don’t change the basic principals of evolution.[/quote]

Well technically, you’re wrong. We’re social animals and we’ve thrived because of it. If we were actually still subjected to natural selection, the self-serving shit head would be cast out of the society, as the society would not benefit from his presence, but instead be harmed from his parasitic behavior, while the injured or disabled would be cared for if they contributed postively.

If she had the sticker there not much you can do.

I work for a paralyzed dude and I have to roll him around town in a van with a ramp. I often see assholes parked in handicapped spots and it pisses me off. Sometimes they even park in the big gap that exists for the ramp to extend out of the side of the van. That makes me leave notes.

Also at the subway fat people are forever trying to ride the elevator. The fuckers actually have the gall to not let us go first sometimes. I stare them down. I often want to confront them but I don’t want to embarass my homey.

Fuckin lazy people.

[quote]veruvius wrote:

Well technically, you’re wrong. We’re social animals and we’ve thrived because of it. If we were actually still subjected to natural selection, the self-serving shit head would be cast out of the society, as the society would not benefit from his presence, but instead be harmed from his parasitic behavior, while the injured or disabled would be cared for if they contributed postively.[/quote]

I’ll agree that that point is somewhat valid. I would argue though, that at the point where a member of the species is cared for despite being unable to make the same contributions as a “normal” member, the selection is no longer natural. Obviously the parking spot is a bad example, considering I don’t see having to park farther away as a threat to our society.

I will also agree that my arguement here is somewhat irrelevant as natural selection in its most basic form states that any characteristic that allows the organism to reproduce more efficiently will help a species. Whether the trait “holds someone back” doesn’t really matter.

Piss in her gas tank.

[quote]Taquito wrote:
veruvius wrote:

Well technically, you’re wrong. We’re social animals and we’ve thrived because of it. If we were actually still subjected to natural selection, the self-serving shit head would be cast out of the society, as the society would not benefit from his presence, but instead be harmed from his parasitic behavior, while the injured or disabled would be cared for if they contributed postively.

I’ll agree that that point is somewhat valid. I would argue though, that at the point where a member of the species is cared for despite being unable to make the same contributions as a “normal” member, the selection is no longer natural. Obviously the parking spot is a bad example, considering I don’t see having to park farther away as a threat to our society.

I will also agree that my arguement here is somewhat irrelevant as natural selection in its most basic form states that any characteristic that allows the organism to reproduce more efficiently will help a species. Whether the trait “holds someone back” doesn’t really matter.[/quote]

In that case, we agree. I just couldn’t help but jump on a nuance.

As for the original post, isn’t work on the bike recommended as physical therapy for some knee issues? Obviously a spinning class would never be recommended, but it would be low impact on the knee, right?