Hand Washing

Everyone has their own rules and for me after a deuce it’s mandatory no matter the locale. With pissing if I’m in a restroom well yes, of course, I wash my hands. If I’m out in the field hiking, hunting, or fishing, then it’s not big deal if I don’t. Of course I don’t pee all over my hands.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
I don’t pee all over my hands.
[/quote]

Urine is sterile.

Golden showers are good for you.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
I don’t pee all over my hands.

Urine is sterile.

Golden showers are good for you.[/quote]

I’ll take your word on that. The golden shower thing.

Thanks,

D

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
And that guy grabbed the same door handle you did to get out of the restroom, when I worked in a factory there was an oldish guy who was very very paranoid about hygeine he would not open the restroom door to come out becuase he did not want to touch the handle, he would honestly wait in there for however long it took for someone else to enter so he could get out without touching the door handle.

Once when we knew he was in there alone we taped the door up on the outside saying out of order no entry, he waited in there for over an hour before he was forced tolet himself out!

I always wash, when I worked in a menatl hosp I washed before and after, I also wahed the tap handles, think about it you turn on the taps with your ‘dirty pee’ hands and then once your hands are clean you touch those same handle to turn the water off.

This man must be an idiot. He could have grapped some clean TP or paper towel to cover his hand while he opened the door.

[/quote]

I think he had a bit of a disorder as he was very strange with other stuff too, I said about the tissue and he told me that bacteria can pass through 10 layers so whats the point, I think in the end we gave him pair of gloves.

I usually wash my hands in public restrooms, but I don’t wash my hands when I pee at Penn Station. Those sink areas are nasty as hell and I can’t be bothered by the stupid hand blowdryers. A lot of times, I won’t wash my hands after peeing if they don’t have paper towels. I just can’t stand the blowdryers.

And I don’t like Purell or other hand sanitizers. I’ll use them if I’m going to handle a newborn or if I’ve been handling something nasty and there isn’t any place to wash my hands. A guy I work with buys Purell by the case and is obsessive about keeping his hands clean. Guess what, he has more sick days every year than anyone else - by far.

I keep my junk clean, so I don’t go overboard with the constant cleansing. And I don’t buy that statistic about women’s UTI’s being caused by men not washing their hands. How the hell do you prove that causation? It’s probably more likely that they are sticking their johnson’s where they don’t belong and when confronted by their S/O, they say, “Well, there was this time last week when I didn’t wash my hands…” Besides, washing after peeing wouldn’t change the fact that they touched their penises before washing their hands.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

And I don’t buy that statistic about women’s UTI’s being caused by men not washing their hands. How the hell do you prove that causation?
DB[/quote]

Ditto.

Besides, washing after peeing wouldn’t change the fact that they touched their penises before washing their hands.

DB[/quote]

That’s true. But I was stating that washing BEFORE peeing.

One of the recommendations for employees at any sewer plant is to wash hands BEFORE using the bathroom.

Doorknobs are the worst culprits.

I always wash after, but if I’m out in the woods or something and I gotta pee I don’t worry about it. I touch dirtier things…

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I always thought sanitation is a good thing. I also think there are some people who are too obsessive about it.

Does antibacterial soap render our immune system irrelevant?[/quote]

Antibacterial soap should be limited in use to hospitals and people with compromised immune systems.

We are speeding the evolution of tougher germs by using it everywhere.

I wash my hands when I wipe and accidently get shit on them, or if they are greasy/extremely dirty. That’s it. I have gone weeks without washing my hands (other than in the shower).

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I always thought sanitation is a good thing. I also think there are some people who are too obsessive about it.

Does antibacterial soap render our immune system irrelevant?

Antibacterial soap should be limited in use to hospitals and people with compromised immune systems.

We are speeding the evolution of tougher germs by using it everywhere.[/quote]

Pfff evolution is just a theory. :smiley:

I do agree though - clean freaks get sick more often.

I feel the need to wash my hands afterwards,because it’s the door handles of the public toilet that carry the germs,not my own pee.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

I do agree though - clean freaks get sick more often.[/quote]

Except that bacteria reproduces fast enough that you can actually see the evolution take place. Antibacterial soaps and antibiotics are breeding very dangerous things. Regular soap kills 99.4% of germs anyway.

[quote]streamline wrote:
My mother taught me not to pee on my hands.[/quote]

Urine is sterile.

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
rsg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

I do agree though - clean freaks get sick more often.

Except that bacteria reproduces fast enough that you can actually see the evolution take place. Antibacterial soaps and antibiotics are breeding very dangerous things. Regular soap kills 99.4% of germs anyway.[/quote]

No need to convince me, I know evolution is a very real thing.

And I don’t buy that statistic about women’s UTI’s being caused by men not washing their hands. How the hell do you prove that causation?[/quote]

Maybe one doesn’t prove it. Even so, it’s plausible, even if only suggested by armchair gynecologists.

[quote]Jerkwad wrote:
streamline wrote:
My mother taught me not to pee on my hands.

Urine is sterile.[/quote]

Piss may be sterile, but it still stinks.

D