Hand Gripper Strength

I have a HG250 which is less than my IM2.

PR’s are HG250x8, IM2x3.

My IM grippers and my RB gripper are of a much better quality than my HG. Both IM and RB have a greater spread and better knurling. Therefore I’d reckon that a HG250 would be simliar to an IM2 and thus now way close to a no.3

I can close the 250 heavy grip

I meant to say a HG300 may approximate a IM2

It’s been said before but grippers vary greatly. And I don’t mean between different brands, which is obvious. For instance, there can be noticable differences between years of the same gripper(i.e. 2005 COC#3 and a 2007 COC#3).

I know of several people who can do multiple reps on a COC#3 but have failed completely when attempting to certify. In other words, be proud that you can close your gripper but don’t think you can always close the same one.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
I have three brands of grippers: heavy grips, captains of crush(ironmind), and beef builder grippers.

Out of all three, I found that the beef builders and captains of crush seem better in build quality than my heavy grips.

My 150lb heavy grip does not even compare to the captains of crush #1. My heavy grips gripper feels like it is at least 20lbs lighter than the coc, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the line was like that.

Heavy grips are great for the money, but their poundages listed per gripper are off and do not measure up. If you want a real gripper, get a beef builder or captains of crush from iron mind.

http://www.wwfitness.com/handgrippers.html

www.ironmind.com[/quote]

what level beef builder gripper would you say is on par with the CoC#1 and CoC#2?

[quote]…

what level beef builder gripper would you say is on par with the CoC#1 and CoC#2?
[/quote]

BB Advanced = #1
BB Master = #2

These are for the 2006 models.