T Nation

Hamstring Injections?

I hear a lot about glute and quad injections, but what about the hammies?

JC

ooh man I would not fancy that! ill stick to the glutes if you dont mind, but I suppose you can Im into any muscle you like, why would you want to Im into the hammy anyway?

God that’s brought a tear to my eye just thinking about it;-D

holy batshit!!don’t do it.

I was just thinking of lower body muscles (which are typically larger) that wouldn’t be so bad for injecting prop. I thought about the lats or delts, but until I get used to it I don’t really want to be sore for three days or so in the upper body. Plus I’m sure it would be worse since they’re smaller muscle groups. What’s so bad about the hamstrings anyway?

JC

I would not do it as the Hamstring is a more dense muscle and threfore would be more painful, but the main reason I would not do it is becasuse there is a much higher risk of hitting a blood vessel or vein than taking it in the glute, stick the AAS in your ASS its the best way!

also your sciatic nerve runs down your leg and is easiest accessed from the hamstrings.

Stick to the recommended sites. There is no advantage to using site injections - it is a fad that has grown on these boards for whatever reason I have no idea.

There are 10 sites you can hit that are conventional sites used by medical proffessionals -this is more than plenty:

Left and right:

upper outer quad (vastas lateralis)
lower outer quad

ventrogluteal
dorsalgluteal

Deltoids.

you try anywhere else and you are risking hitting Lympatic tissue, nerves, veins, and arteries.

using these unconventional sites that have these risks associated is not really a good plan, especially when you have so many safe sites to choose from.

Thanks for the info P22. I figured it was a nerve thing more than anything. I appreciate the solid response.

JC

When you accidentally stick a needle through the sciatic nerve, you run the risk of peramanent injury or disability.

As already stated by others. Stick to the reccomended sites. Part of my job is giving injections and in school we spent a great deal of time practicing where to inject and making sure NO mistakes would be made - ever.

Anybody else walk like a fucking peg-leg pirate for 3 days after a quad injection?

[quote]E-man wrote:
Anybody else walk like a fucking peg-leg pirate for 3 days after a quad injection?[/quote]

The trick is you, inject with your leg straight and quad loose. Also inject higher up on the side of the thigh with the needle angled about 10 to 20 degrees pointing down toward your femur. That’ll minimize it anyways.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
And… don’t use prop, lol. My first prop injection into quads left me with a ‘ghetto-bop’ as well as a need to hold onto a bannister every time I went down some stairs…[/quote]

LOL. God I’ve been there!

[quote]TONEdef wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
And… don’t use prop, lol. My first prop injection into quads left me with a ‘ghetto-bop’ as well as a need to hold onto a bannister every time I went down some stairs…

LOL. God I’ve been there![/quote]

heh heh! - I tried Boldenone acetate last week - never again! -my leg felt like a truck hit it, and had a fever to boot!

Always shoot in the largets possible muscle group, for optimal blood plasma levels.

[quote]Prisoner#22 wrote:
heh heh! - I tried Boldenone acetate last week - never again! -my leg felt like a truck hit it, and had a fever to boot![/quote]

ha, i learned that lesson last year, it was a rough night and both cheeks were sore for days, didn’t have the same problem with bold prop though