Hamstring Exercises w/Little Back Impact

I enjoy deadlifting on back day low volume twice a week. This has given me great results however on leg day i want to do some work specifically for hams. Stiff legs are out and some are good mornings because i dont want to overload my lower back. Any ideas? Thanks

I’m also interested in any ideas.

Glute Ham Raises?

Single leg stiff leg deads would take a lot off strain off the low back

[quote]justkevin wrote:
Single leg stiff leg deads would take a lot off strain off the low back[/quote]

Agreed, though I do them with a slight knee bend which allows for more ROM for me, but takes out the stress off the hamstrings.

Machine Hamstring Curls!!!

45 degree back raise usually hits my hamstrings way more than my lower back.

[quote]BigMG wrote:
45 degree back raise usually hits my hamstrings way more than my lower back.[/quote]

I feel the same way, it seems to be mostly a glute exercise in my experience of doing them.

Hamstring exercises that train the knee flexion function of the hamstrings- All leg curl variations…

Hip flexion exercises will involve the lower back

-Rev hyper… That would be nice on your low-back, anyway…
-GH raises
-Hamstring Leg Press (feet very high on the plate, doesn’t work with all leg presses… Press through heels, don’t let low back round, obviously, gotta hold yourself in the seat…) ← those are ok…
-Lying leg curls… imo not all that useful, but whatever…

step-ups

Lying Leg Curls
Seated Leg Curls
Seated Band Leg Curls

Lunges with a very long stride, stick a barbell over your shoulders or grab some dumbells. This will also give your glutes some work.

[quote]challer1 wrote:
step-ups[/quote]

QFT. I find that using a 24" box kills my hammies and glutes.

Band leg curls can be pretty brutal as well and pretty much isolate the hamstrings.