Hampton Strength: Bench Mode

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
oh shit, well I had everything right except for choosing 1 exercise each body part then doing a different one the next week like the article said. I can fix that, other than that I did everything right except for 2 stretches I forgot to look those up[/quote]

If you are doing 3 sets of any movement, you are not doing DC. At most you will do 2 sets, but a lot of movements are just 1 set. That’s kind of the thing that makes DC what it is.

Don’t just read one page and decide you have it all figured out. Read what Dante has actually written and do the program right.[/quote]

It’s three sets in one. You are arguing semantics.

[quote]Calt wrote:

oh shit, well I had everything right except for choosing 1 exercise each body part then doing a different one the next week like the article said. I can fix that, other than that I did everything right except for 2 stretches I forgot to look those up[/quote]

If you are doing 3 sets of any movement, you are not doing DC. At most you will do 2 sets, but a lot of movements are just 1 set. That’s kind of the thing that makes DC what it is.

Don’t just read one page and decide you have it all figured out. Read what Dante has actually written and do the program right.[/quote]

It’s three sets in one. You are arguing semantics.[/quote]

No, it’s one set using rest pause. That’s not the same thing. Additionally, not every movement uses rest pause, which would mean it is still wrong to say you’re doing 3 sets of everything.

And specifically, these mistakes he is making are evidence of a lack of reading on the subject, which is what I am getting at.

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
You should probably spend the next few days reading before starting that program. Im not trying to discourage you, but DC is pretty advanced and as I stated earlier, not for the faint of heart. I honestly think you would be better off with something else. [/quote]
Thanks for the input but I read a page on it going over everything, fixed my written routine to what needed to be fixed and I’m going for it[/quote]

I really think you should post your routine for others to look over, maybe in the BB’ing section because I think more people may have done DC there then in PL’ing. Doing DC half-assed will get you half-assed results. There’s a really good chance you think you have it down, but doubtful since there is an entire website based on the program and you said you’ve only read a page lol

This is where I learned it and what I would like to follow

I have tried. I wish you luck TC, as you will need it.

This is where I learned it and what I would like to follow[/quote]

Dusty is a very advanced trainee. Dante has him on a 3-4 way split variation of DC if I recall, tailored for someone his size, strength, and particular weaknesses, and no where near what Dante would advise for someone at your level (no disrespect, basically everyone posting here is on ‘that’ level). That is NOT the DC 2-way routine 99.9% of most who train DC do.

Please listen to the advice given, and go READ. A LOT.

[quote]Calt wrote:

No, it’s one set using rest pause. That’s not the same thing. Additionally, not every movement uses rest pause, which would mean it is still wrong to say you’re doing 3 sets of everything.

And specifically, these mistakes he is making are evidence of a lack of reading on the subject, which is what I am getting at.
[/quote]

lol…nevermind, I can see where this is going. I suspect you’re a troll, so I’ll leave it at that.

[quote]Calt wrote:

[quote]Calt wrote:

[/quote]

lol…nevermind, I can see where this is going. I suspect you’re a troll, so I’ll leave it at that.[/quote]

I am sorry you suspect I am a troll, but I am telling the truth. A widowmaker is not 3 sets, it is 1 set.

[quote]Calt wrote:

[quote]Calt wrote:

[/quote]

lol…nevermind, I can see where this is going. I suspect you’re a troll, so I’ll leave it at that.[/quote]

I am sorry you suspect I am a troll, but I am telling the truth. A widowmaker is not 3 sets, it is 1 set.
[/quote]
True, it is 1 set of 20. Isn’t almost every exercise 1 set of 11-15 reps ( or more if you can ) just with the 15 sec. break then go at the 2nd attempt and 3rd attempt. That’s what I meant by 3 sets. BTW, you’re not a troll you gave me good advice a while ago on building up my back and it worked pretty damn good

You watched an 8 minute video of a advanced trainee doing his version of DC that was tailored made for him by the man who developed this system over a 20 year span and you think you have it down?

Ill be right back, im going to watch a few of Louie’s videos, maybe read an articel or two and ill have the conjugate system figured out by my 10:00 coffee break.

Why not just listen to the multiple people telling you to go and spend some time studying the program? And dont tell me you did, reading an outline for 30 minutes doesnt count.

fuck it, I’m doing the regular one that I saw before because it’s the same every article. 3 “sets” with a reasonably heavy weight for reps and after the 3 sets, it should be or close to 15 reps. It’s not that hard, training is training, there’s no secret workout to make you any bigger or any stronger if you lift,eat,and sleep you’ll get bigger. I’ll post in about 3-4 months guaranteeing I’ll be bigger and stronger

This thread is a demonstration of one of the reasons why Dante says people under the age of 25 (or was it 26) shouldn’t do the program.

This is the classic template, Mr madden. If you do anything much different than this you are fucking up DC . The sets are REST PAUSED which is different than 3 sets, so If it says 15RP you do unrack the bar with a weight you can just get for about 8 reps with a slow eccentric portion then explode up. Then rack that shit, take 15 big breaths and do reps till you almost fail. Leave 1 rep in the tank. You’ll prolly get 4-5, then rack the weight, 15 more breaths. Then repeat you’ll prolly get 2-3 reps.

DC Training by bodypart

Chest:
incline smythe press (11-15rp)
hammer strength press (11-15rp)
decline barbell press (11-15rp)

Backwidth:
front rack chins (11-20rp)
close grip pulldowns (11-15rp)
front pulldowns (11-15rp)

Backthickness: (back thickness exercises and quad exercises arent rest paused due to safety reasons of fatigue and loss of form)
deadlifts straight sets (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)
T-bar rows straight set (10-12 reps)
rack deadlifts (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Shoulders:
military presses (11-20rp)
hammer strength presses (11-15rp)
upright rows (11-20rp)

Quads: (quads are done again with no rest pause because of safety reasons, but after progressive warmups there is a heavy set and then what I call a “widowmaker set” for 20 reps with a still heavy, but lighter weight)

free squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)
hack squats (as above)
leg press (as above)

Hamstrings:
lying leg curls (15-30rp)
seated leg curls (15-30rp)
sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Biceps:
preacher curls (11-20rp)
barbell drag curls (11-20rp)
dumbell curls (11-20rp)

Forearms:
pinwheel curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
hammer curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
reverse grip one arm cable curls (straight set 10-20 reps)

Triceps:
reverse grip bench presses (11-20rp)
close grip bench presses (11-20rp)
EZ bar tricep extentions (15-30rp) (elbow safety)

Calves: (all calves are done with an enhanced negative, meaning up on big toe, 5 seconds lowering down to full stretch and then a brutal 10-15 seconds in the stretched position and then back up on the big toe again. It really separates the mice and the men–this is an all straight set)
leg press toe press (10-12 reps)
hack squat toe press/sled (10-12 reps)
seated calf raises (10-12 reps)

This thread is a demonstration of one of the reasons why Dante says people under the age of 25 (or was it 26) shouldn’t do the program.[/quote]

Agreed. I tried this program about a year ago when my buddy told him that he gained 20 pounds in a couple months while he was on it. The problem was that I had, and still do have some major strength imbalances. I got injured on the last day of the first week and I was out for 4 months. DC is no joke, I am not going to try it again for many years, but I will someday.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
This is the classic template, Mr madden. If you do anything much different than this you are fucking up DC . The sets are REST PAUSED which is different than 3 sets, so If it says 15RP you do unrack the bar with a weight you can just get for about 8 reps with a slow eccentric portion then explode up. Then rack that shit, take 15 big breaths and do reps till you almost fail. Leave 1 rep in the tank. You’ll prolly get 4-5, then rack the weight, 15 more breaths. Then repeat you’ll prolly get 2-3 reps.

DC Training by bodypart

Chest:
incline smythe press (11-15rp)
hammer strength press (11-15rp)
decline barbell press (11-15rp)

Backwidth:
front rack chins (11-20rp)
close grip pulldowns (11-15rp)
front pulldowns (11-15rp)

Backthickness: (back thickness exercises and quad exercises arent rest paused due to safety reasons of fatigue and loss of form)
deadlifts straight sets (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)
T-bar rows straight set (10-12 reps)
rack deadlifts (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Shoulders:
military presses (11-20rp)
hammer strength presses (11-15rp)
upright rows (11-20rp)

Quads: (quads are done again with no rest pause because of safety reasons, but after progressive warmups there is a heavy set and then what I call a “widowmaker set” for 20 reps with a still heavy, but lighter weight)

free squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)
hack squats (as above)
leg press (as above)

Hamstrings:
lying leg curls (15-30rp)
seated leg curls (15-30rp)
sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Biceps:
preacher curls (11-20rp)
barbell drag curls (11-20rp)
dumbell curls (11-20rp)

Forearms:
pinwheel curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
hammer curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
reverse grip one arm cable curls (straight set 10-20 reps)

Triceps:
reverse grip bench presses (11-20rp)
close grip bench presses (11-20rp)
EZ bar tricep extentions (15-30rp) (elbow safety)

Calves: (all calves are done with an enhanced negative, meaning up on big toe, 5 seconds lowering down to full stretch and then a brutal 10-15 seconds in the stretched position and then back up on the big toe again. It really separates the mice and the men–this is an all straight set)
leg press toe press (10-12 reps)
hack squat toe press/sled (10-12 reps)
seated calf raises (10-12 reps)
[/quote]
Thank you, I have been doing it right then, I admit I did mess it up Monday I went a little too light and got like 23 reps total I think on DB bench and lat pull down but yesterday I followed it right, did the front squat widowmaker and that was exhausting. I’ll get a lot of shit for saying this but I think I can handle it and will be fine, while still building muscle and strength.

I’m sure I’ll be sore for a day or 2 because of the intensity transitioning from power & low rep stuff because my biceps are a little bit sore from yesterday but other than that I feel good, we’ll see how this goes