Hammies - Exercises?

I need another good hamstring exercise.
I welcome suggestions.

Another good one apart from what?

The ones I’m doing.
Deadlifts and GH raises.
I tried leg curls, although I’m not certain those are recognized as “good,” but they give me a lot of knee pain and discomfort, and I’d prefer to avoid that.

RDLs and stiff leg dl come immediately to mind. Also good mornings.

Squats and deadlifts.

The last “Spot the fake” article on here had a segment about finding from an EMG study that basically stated that the hamstrings were activated more during traditional squats and deadlifts than in specific hamstring exercises such as RDL’s and SLDL’s.

Good Mornings

Another thought - don’t neglect the single leg stuff. Mike Robertson I think it was had a good article on this recently.

I do SL deads and different leg curls, You could try wind sprints up hills, wearing a backpack full of rocks.

Well I guess I should have elaborated.
I do romanian deadlifts currently, along with glute ham raises.
And thanks, but I’ve already established that squatting is important.

Stiff leg dls are excellent, you can also get on the leg press machine and place your feet more towards the top of the platform. This will hit the hamstrings more.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
glute ham raises.
[/quote]

GHR’s are good shit.

Theres this gorilla that works out at my gym that does them with chains around his neck.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
You could try wind sprints up hills, wearing a backpack full of rocks. [/quote]

Just make sure you buy your rocks from a reliable vendor.

Pull through, swings, cleans, glute-ham raises.

The many variations of deadlifts is all you ever need.

Oh yeah, and olympic lifts and their variations.

[quote]saroachman wrote:
Hagar wrote:
You could try wind sprints up hills, wearing a backpack full of rocks.

Just make sure you buy your rocks from a reliable vendor.[/quote]

Ya, you have to be careful. I’ve bought some bad basalt from a quarry on the east side of town. My ham strings respond best to certain igneous types like red granite but thats just me. Some guys have better results with lime stone.

Hamstring Curls, Stiff Legged Deadlifts. All ya need.

Thanks for the helpful responses, and the…not so helpful.

I don’t particularly like the idea of doing two kinds of deadlifts, as I find them very taxing. Also, as I stated before, I don’t do leg curls and do not plan on doing leg curls.

I did try placing my feet high on the leg press, but I wasn’t and still am not sure of how high they should be. I found that, despite placing my feet at what I thought was an adequate height, my quadriceps were quite sore after my workout, while the soreness of my hamstrings was unchanged.