T Nation

Hammer Strength Leg Press Owns

today was leg day, well actually yesterday was but my lowerback was too damaged to do anything, couldnt squat, couldnt do vertical leg press so i said whatever ill wrap it up and do it today but things were not better. i was stalling out on my squats on warmup weights and things were looking bleak because i went to the legpress put on 2 plates did 5 reps and my back hurt way too much through each one. so i looked over and in the shadows layed the Hammer Strength leg-press, hmm lets see what this is all about. i loaded up some weight got on, did a couple reps, got off and had to readjust the seat so my knees came onto my chest. it felt so good.

the whole thing is cushioned so and its a horizontal press so your back is press against a flat vertical surface. i dont know how else to explain it, it just felt so good. my middle thigh/upper quad area was burning the whole time, i fought the negative so hard i almost orgasmed. if your gym has one i seriously reccomend you try it out. i did my entire quad workout on it today, did 4 sets in the 9-12 range then 3 more in the 12-20 range.

does it get you dizzy like squats do?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
today was leg day, well actually yesterday was but my lowerback was too damaged to do anything, couldnt squat, couldnt do vertical leg press so i said whatever ill wrap it up and do it today but things were not better. i was stalling out on my squats on warmup weights and things were looking bleak because i went to the legpress put on 2 plates did 5 reps and my back hurt way too much through each one. so i looked over and in the shadows layed the Hammer Strength leg-press, hmm lets see what this is all about. i loaded up some weight got on, did a couple reps, got off and had to readjust the seat so my knees came onto my chest. it felt so good.

the whole thing is cushioned so and its a horizontal press so your back is press against a flat vertical surface. i dont know how else to explain it, it just felt so good. my middle thigh/upper quad area was burning the whole time, i fought the negative so hard i almost orgasmed. if your gym has one i seriously reccomend you try it out. i did my entire quad workout on it today, did 4 sets in the 9-12 range then 3 more in the 12-20 range.[/quote]

I like articles like these. It’s fun to read about the nuts and bolts of someone’s new discoveries in training.

I haven’t used the Hammer leg press in a long time. Now that I think about it, it got my VM (tear drops) pretty well. I will have to try it again.

I’ve been having great workouts hack squats lately. And also with front squats with a pause at the bottom.