T Nation

Hammer Strength Jammer & Powerlifting

Hello again. I was wondering what benefits could I get if I used a Hammer Strength Jammer if I want to improve my Big 3. What exercises can I do with the Jammer that could help?

The hell is a Hammer Strength Jammer? This intrigues me.

Stick an incline bench in it and use it for presses…

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
The hell is a Hammer Strength Jammer? This intrigues me.[/quote]

http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/jammer

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Stick an incline bench in it and use it for presses…[/quote]

I see. I wonder why I didn’t think of that. Thanks, Hanley. What was your experience?

Seeing the video, looks rather silly to me.

I really like the Seated Iso Row. It has been the foundation of my rowing for some time now.

I recently did the Iso Pulldown, and I’ve got to say, I like it a lot as well. I have been doing weighted chins a long time now, and I really haven’t seen any strength or size increase.

I hit failure and then some. I do drop sets, etc. Yet my lats never got sore. I used this machine once and was able to move an appreciable amount of weight for myself and I totally felt the movement.

For now, I believe I still stick to only using HS machines for back.

Famm thats a sexy machine, i like it its nice

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Hello again. I was wondering what benefits could I get if I used a Hammer Strength Jammer if I want to improve my Big 3. What exercises can I do with the Jammer that could help?[/quote]

1. Stick to squat, bench press & deadlift to improve your big 3.

2. The hammer strength jammer can be an assisted exercise, but don’t rely on it to increase your total significantly.

3. Reverse hyper & sled dragging will increase you squat & deadlift.

4. close grip bench press & pause board press will increase your bench press.

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

[quote]gabex wrote:
Seeing the video, looks rather silly to me.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s silly, very silly, but as Hanley impied, it is versatile. I could do a lot GPP with it as well as bust some platteaus.

[quote]NASAKYCHAIRMAN wrote:
2. The hammer strength jammer can be an assisted exercise, but don’t rely on it to increase your total significantly.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I plan to use it to fix imbalances and avoid stagnation by always using the barbell. Right now, I’m doing nothing but squat, bench and deadlift with the bar.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
gabex wrote:
Seeing the video, looks rather silly to me.

Yeah, it’s silly, very silly, but as Hanley impied, it is versatile. I could do a lot GPP with it as well as bust some platteaus.[/quote]

I imagine you could do some form of thrusters on it…

There’s a chain of commercial gyms here in Dublin, there’s 3 of them, all with Hammer Strength gear. But some of the machines only feature in one, is it bad that I’d actually go out of my way to do different workouts in different gyms to use the different HS machines???

My gym has that machine. Like a bodybuilder its mostly for show with not a lot of go behind it. Leave it for the fancy boys and their posing.

The Hammer Strength Jammer is a staple in most collegiate weight rooms. There is virtually an unlimited amount of explosive and slow-moving strength moements that can be performed on the Jammer. The most common are the Jammer Extension, Jammer Rotation, and Jammer Press. The Jammer is definately not a “Body Building” piece of equipment. That being said, I can’t see it being of much use in improving the “Big 3” either. It is designed to to develop ground based strength and explosiveness through the triple extension of the ankle knee and hip in a plane that cannot be mimicked with standard free weights.