Halloween Movie Ideas?

The lady is coming over for halloween. I told her to let me be in charge of the night. She agreed… She is not a fan of halloween because she is not that into scary movies or being scared.

PERFECT! She has since agreed that since its halloween this will be the one night I can ask for her to be scared.

Anyways… I was planning to take her to the local haunted house then out for dinner. After dinner I thought we would see the movie Paranormal Activity. But after reading how shitty it is and joke of a movie, I changed my mind. And as much as Id like to see Saw 6, she has not seen any of them.

So I was thinking of renting The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Ive seen it, and actually pretty decent.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or ideas for scary movies to scare the shit out of her?

Audition. It’s a Japanese movie, but it’s definitely the type of film you will NEVER get her to watch under any other circumstances.

There’s also a really scary TV show that I highly recommend. You can probably pick up an entire season of episodes at the video store. It’s called ‘The Hills’.

13 Ghosts
Wrong Turn

these actually scared me

other good ones

Silver Bullet
The Shining
Halloween
Dawn of the Dead (remake)

Cannibal Holocaust.

Thank me later.

Spanish horror flick [REC]. If you don’t like subtitled movies, or can’t find it, go for the U.S. remake Quarantine. Not as good as the original, but it’s easier to follow, and has adequate shock value.

[quote]MNguns wrote:

So I was thinking of renting The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Ive seen it, and actually pretty decent.

[/quote]

I didn’t find that movie very interesting. If I was doing this for a girl, I would get Trick R’ Treat, especially if she usually doesn’t like scary movies. It isn’t “scary” but any chick who is that squeamish will think it is anyway. There is enough story in it to allow her to get into it a little while you study how to get her bra off with one hand.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
13 Ghosts
Wrong Turn

these actually scared me

other good ones

Silver Bullet
The Shining
Halloween
Dawn of the Dead (remake)[/quote]

All good movies…although, I don’t know how into it a chick who hates scary movies would be.

the ring

Night of The Living Dead (remake)
Rob Zombie’s Halloween
Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Creepshow
Trick R Treat
Silver Bullet

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
13 Ghosts
Wrong Turn

these actually scared me

other good ones

Silver Bullet
The Shining
Halloween
Dawn of the Dead (remake)

All good movies…although, I don’t know how into it a chick who hates scary movies would be.[/quote]

my wife doesn’t like scary movies, but when she agrees to watch one, I make it worth while :wink:

The Descent.

Get the US version if you want a “happy” ending (which I think she’ll probably be thankful for)

[quote]TKDCadet04 wrote:
The Descent.

Get the US version if you want a “happy” ending (which I think she’ll probably be thankful for)[/quote]

They both have the same ending unless I missed something. They are making a sequel as well which I am waiting for.

That was a very good low budget movie even if some of the accents threw me off. She just may very well like the fact that some of the women in it were pretty bad ass.

My wife and I watched Quarantine last weekend after a pumpkin carving party - actually we watched the first half or so. We were both too disinterested to finish it.

I enjoyed Hostel and Saw I, both of them would be decent picks, I think.

As cheesey as it seems now, I sure did love Scream when it first came out (granted, I was in high school at the time).

The Descent is probably my all-time favorite horror movie. In fact, it inspired my Halloween costume a few years ago.

[quote]stuntmonkeys wrote:
My wife and I watched Quarantine last weekend after a pumpkin carving party - actually we watched the first half or so. We were both too disinterested to finish it.

[/quote]

Dude, that movie didn’t even pick up until after about 20minutes in. It was a pretty damn good “zombie” flick with some very creative camera action that made it really feel like many of those scenes were shot in one full sequence.

stuntmonkeys wrote:

Dude, that movie didn’t even pick up until after about 20minutes in. It was a pretty damn good “zombie” flick with some very creative camera action that made it really feel like many of those scenes were shot in one full sequence.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was decent. The ending was pretty good too.

stuntmonkeys wrote:

Dude, that movie didn’t even pick up until after about 20minutes in. It was a pretty damn good “zombie” flick with some very creative camera action that made it really feel like many of those scenes were shot in one full sequence.[/quote]

For me, one of the best things about Quarantine (and [REC]) is that basically nothing happens the until the mid-way point. Even when the proverbial shit hits the fan, the quiet parts are meant to enhance the moments of carnage.

I can understand people wanting blood and gore from the get-go, but there is more than one way to skin a victim, so to speak…

[quote]SSC wrote:
Cannibal Holocaust.

Thank me later.[/quote]

Meh. I watched it a few times already and I think it’s a bit overrated. Not really the “most shocking movie ever!” I thought it would be. Still, it’s a bit creepy at times, but certainly not deserving of all the hype.

[quote]roybot wrote:
Professor X wrote:
stuntmonkeys wrote:

Dude, that movie didn’t even pick up until after about 20minutes in. It was a pretty damn good “zombie” flick with some very creative camera action that made it really feel like many of those scenes were shot in one full sequence.

For me, one of the best things about Quarantine (and [REC]) is that basically nothing happens the until the mid-way point. Even when the proverbial shit hits the fan, the quiet parts are meant to enhance the moments of carnage.

I can understand people wanting blood and gore from the get-go, but there is more than one way to skin a victim, so to speak… [/quote]

The only movie I’ve watched more than that one is Dawn of the Dead. I usually skip the first 15minutes or so on reviews.

The first part of the movie was just so they could create some connection between the audience and the main characters…which all did a great job of playing those parts.

Many of those scenes involved 8 or more actors with lines who all had to get every line right over the course of several minutes since it was done all in one shot. Needless to say, that is hard to do. If anyone fucks up at all, they have to start back at the beginning.

For them to play realistic characters in light of that is impressive.

1. The Exorcist
  2. Pet Cemetery
  3. Let the Right One In (Lat den ratte komma in)

TKDCadet04 wrote:
The Descent.

Get the US version if you want a “happy” ending (which I think she’ll probably be thankful for)

They both have the same ending unless I missed something. They are making a sequel as well which I am waiting for.

That was a very good low budget movie even if some of the accents threw me off. She just may very well like the fact that some of the women in it were pretty bad ass.[/quote]

The theatrical release in the US cut off the last minute and a half or so, and ends with…

spoilers

Sarah on the side of the road seeing Juno’s ghost.

whereas the UK/original version goes till the true end.

which really doesn’t leave much for a sequel unless there are all new characters.