T Nation

Halfway Through Cycle, Mini Cut?

I measured my BF levels and although I have a large ass, I don’t look that fat so was surprised when the calipers read me as being 18 - 20%, I feel quite fat after bulking for a bit however the bulking on cycle has been rather slow as I am nervous of additional fat gain. Would it be worth me taking 1 week off the bulk to have a mini cut whilst still on cycle then resume bulking?

I also want this to be a form of conditioning, keeping carbs low / medium to cut fat for a week then go back up to 3750kcals per day for the remaining 4 weeks.

I am on a test ethanate cycle FYI. Any advice would be really appreciated :wink:

Current stats:

Height: 6 foot 2 inches
Weight: 223 pounds
BF: 18 - 20%
LBM: 175 - 180 pounds

You got a photo?

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
You got a photo?[/quote]

Sure, will post one up in a few hours :slight_smile:

Yeah pics would help but I doubt that a “mini cut” would be of much benefit at this point. It’s not like you are going to lose 10% bf in a week. I would suggest cleaning up your diet a bit. And are you running an AI during this cycle to control bloat?

[quote]juice82 wrote:
Yeah pics would help but I doubt that a “mini cut” would be of much benefit at this point. It’s not like you are going to lose 10% bf in a week. I would suggest cleaning up your diet a bit. And are you running an AI during this cycle to control bloat?[/quote]

You are right, but an increase of 4 pure pounds of fat would be fairly noticeable at my BF levels. I am running Arimidex alongside test-e with HGC to keep the gonads from dissapearing :slight_smile:

You could add cardio?

Thats the same cycle as me, did u frontload? Whats your dosage for the hcg?

You could add cardio?

Thats the same cycle as me, did u frontload? Whats your dosage for the hcg?[/quote]

Was thinking of cardio, but for muscle gain as you know you need to eat a caloric surplus, cardio burns calories so you’d just have to eat more to gain mass, so I see no real benefits. Having said that, I aim to swim once a week and do 5 - 10 mins of cardio after a workout just to keep the metabolism strong, plus I am on 25mg of T3 with bursts up to 75mg of T3 1 - 2 times a week.

I didn’t frontload, but I used trenabol orals for the first 4 weeks before the test-e kicked in which I have just come off to raise the test levels before the long ester kicked in.

I am on 500IU of HGC 2 times per week (monday and thurs).

Cheers :slight_smile:

I’m sure someone more knowledgable that me will be able chime in on cardio details!

Someone posted a study here before, (dont have the link), it said that 250iu EOD showed the best results. Dynamo Hum is very knowledgable on HcG.

[quote]gman123 wrote:
juice82 wrote:
Yeah pics would help but I doubt that a “mini cut” would be of much benefit at this point. It’s not like you are going to lose 10% bf in a week. I would suggest cleaning up your diet a bit. And are you running an AI during this cycle to control bloat?

You are right, but an increase of 4 pure pounds of fat would be fairly noticeable at my BF levels. I am running Arimidex alongside test-e with HGC to keep the gonads from dissapearing :)[/quote]

I don’t see any reason why you should gain 4lbs of fat. You can control that with your diet.

What are your doses?

Also would you mind posting up your diet?

[quote]juice82 wrote:
gman123 wrote:
juice82 wrote:

You are right, but an increase of 4 pure pounds of fat would be fairly noticeable at my BF levels. I am running Arimidex alongside test-e with HGC to keep the gonads from dissapearing :slight_smile:

I don’t see any reason why you should gain 4lbs of fat. You can control that with your diet.

What are your doses?

Also would you mind posting up your diet?[/quote]

Will get test-e doses later on for you, I use 1 vial monday and another on thursday, but I had the doses calculated by a professional, not sure on them myself (think it is 250mcg of test-e 2 times a week), I have 500IU of HGC 2 times per week and half an arimidex tablet every other day supplemented with 25mg of t3 every morning.

Diet averages 3750kcal and looks as such;

Breakfast:

1.5 scoops whey
150g oatmeal
250g cottage cheese

11 o clock:

250g cottage cheese
500 grams low fat yhogurt

lunch:
250grams ham in 2 slices of wholemeal bread
250 grams cottage cheese or 500 grams low fat yhogurt

4 o clock:
250 grams cottage cheese or 500 grams low fat yhogurt

5 o clock (preworkout): Oatmeal protein bar or oats with 1.5 scoops of whey

Post w/o: 1.5 scoops whey with 60grams maltodextrin

Dinner: 250 grams lean meat or chicken breast with vegetables and brown rice

Pre-bed: casein protein shake, 50 grams protein at least.

So diet is very clean, weekends I am not as strict and tend to have junk and not eat as well, maybe the odd beer but I will stop at 1 or 2.

I’m sure someone more knowledgable that me will be able chime in on cardio details!

Someone posted a study here before, (dont have the link), it said that 250iu EOD showed the best results. Dynamo Hum is very knowledgable on HcG.[/quote]

Am I right in thinking EOD is tren? Please clarify :slight_smile:

Thankyou for all your help so far guys

Tren acetate=every day

Your diet doesn’t look that bad. I would try to eat a little more whole food and limit the shakes but I do know it’s not always easy to do that.

Just to clarify is your BF% going up on this cycle or were you just shocked to see what it actually is?

EOD is every other day. Not sure what you mean with tren lol.

The HCG is found to be effective when dosed 250iu EOD (every other day) but I would stop it before you start your pct.

I am sure you are taking 250mg of test e 2 times per week by the look of things, not 250 mcg :slight_smile:

You are carrying 180 pounds of LBM at 6’2". You are 21 years old. You don’t even know what dose of AAS you are using.

What makes you think you were in any way ready to do a cycle?

The fact that you think dropping calories for 1 week during a cycle will have any effect on fat loss shows a fundamental misunderstanding about nutrition.

You sound like you are trying to bulk (add muscle) but aren’t having much sucess. Obviously your diet can’t be that great for your current situation.

You are also using T3. Care to explain the rationale behind that?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
You are carrying 180 pounds of LBM at 6’2". You are 21 years old. You don’t even know what dose of AAS you are using.

The fact that you think dropping calories for 1 week during a cycle will have any effect on fat loss shows a fundamental misunderstanding about nutrition.

You sound like you are trying to bulk (add muscle) but aren’t having much sucess. Obviously your diet can’t be that great for your current situation.

You are also using T3. Care to explain the rationale behind that? [/quote]

Thanks Bonez, my next post was going to be asking him the same things…I see more and more of this all the time and it is really making the guys who take their time to educate themselves on nutrition, training and proper protocols when taking AAS look bad.

You eat a lot of dairy eh? Cottage cheese… I would sub some of that out for chicken, beef, and fish…

I’d like to see a pic though… I’m 5’11 @ 185 right now… and I THINK pretty lean… but I’d like to compare…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

You are also using T3. Care to explain the rationale behind that? [/quote]

I was away from home, I have full lists of everything and their quantities designed for me by a competitiver bodybuilder. I am taking the following looking at my list;

25mg of test ethanate every mon and thurs
0.5mg of adex every other day
500IU of HGC every mon and thurs

The 25mg of t3 offers improved protein synthesis from what I have researched and benefits of helping one keep lean.
I am using AAS as I guess I want quicker results than I could get naturally, I ordered some calipers and was surprised at how high the BF levels were plus I had a weekend of badness so wanted to cut away the fat for a week to resume the bulk and condition my body so the anabolic benefits are sharper once I resume the bulk.

Don’t get me wrong, my low LBM may seem a little alarming to you however I have been up to 200 pounds however bad diet, poor training for an extended period of time with drinking has been quite catabolic for me and I want to pack on the mass I had before and add 2 inches to my arms, then maintain to solidify gains and cut down to 8 percent bodyfat using the v-diet, anabolic diet or UD2.

Image links as requested, I apologise for the bad quality, I don’t have a decent camara

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG00059-20090210-2013.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG00060-20090210-2013.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG00061-20090210-2014.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG00062-20090210-2015.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG00063-20090210-2016.jpg

Recheck your test enanthate dosage. Normal dosage is 500mg/w???

Frankly I think your diet sucks ass, no offense. Secondly I honestly don’t know how you weigh 220lbs… I’m an inch shorter and right now I’m about 187lbs and I look much bigger than you. Third, I’d like to know what training regimen is like and what are your lifts(numbers).