T Nation

Half-Life of Test C - Please Help

I’m 47 years old. A few years ago I was 70lbs over weight and was on 13 prescription meds for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid, and a small heart issue.

Eating right and hitting the gym 6 days a week; today I take only 2 meds: 1 for thyroid and test C for HRT. My heart is as strong as a man in his twenties.

I weigh 205, am 5’11" with ~body fat of 15% and my girlfriend calls me her Greek God. :wink:

Life is good and I feel good about myself.

I’m currently taking 300mg test C a week split into 150mg twice a week( Sun & Wed). Because of a change in doctors, I have never had a blood test at my current dosage. Now I know I’m on the edge of the high side because I’ve started getting a FEW pimples every now and then.

Also, I’ve noticed my hair is oilier. I like the “kick” I’m getting form the 300mg and I am beginning to see (I think) some added muscle growth.

I have a blood test coming up and I want to make sure I don’t freak the doctor out by showing high levels. My plan was to:

Week 1 - Normal shot on Sunday. No shot on Wednesday

Week 2 - No shot Sunday. Wednesday morning blood test and then rush home and pump 300mg in me.

So my question is: will 10 days of missed injections drop my test levels enough to put me back in to mid range level?

On a side note, I’m also taking 640mg Saw Palmetto. I have read on the forums here that anywhere from 360 to 2000mg a day was a useful dose. Should I take more or less?

Thanks in advance for your input…

A peak is noted after 24-48 hours of injection and then a slow decline, reaching a steady point after 12 days and staying there for over 3 weeks time.

so if i shoot enth once a week will i be straight or shuld i split it up