Half Dose of Surge in the Morning?

Hey all,

Would taking Surge upon first waking up be a good idea? I’m thinking half a dose to halt metabolism before my more slowly digested food or protein shakes can kick in.

I think you’d be better off taking a scoop of Grow! Whey in the morning and/or some BCAAs. I know a few people that like to wake up, take a few BCAAs and have a half or full serving of Grow! Whey mixed with some instant coffee crystals for a little extra kick.

I’d save the Surge for post-workout.

Halt metabolism? That’s gotta suck!

I think David Barr is a fan of this idea. Give it a try.

i think he means catabolism lol

Check this out…you drink whey in the morning because you need a fast acting protein after a night of fast. Spike is the fastest acting protein blend there is…Its hydrosolate with dextrose…therefore it would be even better at delivering that much needed protein in the morning faster than just whey alone. If you can afford to use Surge in the morning and post workout go for it. I can’t…so I just drink two scoops of Grow! Whey in the morning and then shower and all that then eat my actual breakfast.

In fact I have even been thinking about using Surge as an emergency anti catabolic or something. Say you have for whatever reason not been able to eat for an extended period of time due to some crazy circumstance…when you get a chance to get home…down a serving of Surge and it would maybe put you back in an anabolic state (THIS IS JUST SPECULATION ANYONE ELSE CAN CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG).

[quote]facko wrote:
In fact I have even been thinking about using Surge as an emergency anti catabolic or something. Say you have for whatever reason not been able to eat for an extended period of time due to some crazy circumstance…when you get a chance to get home…down a serving of Surge and it would maybe put you back in an anabolic state (THIS IS JUST SPECULATION ANYONE ELSE CAN CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG).[/quote]

You wouldn’t want to do that. Surge absorbs very fast and it would spike insulin high as it’s suppose to. If it is not in the morning where cortisol is high, or after a workout where nutrition is partition very well, it’ll most likely just kick start lipogensis. You are probably better off just drink a scoop or two of whey.

[quote]HJLau75 wrote:
facko wrote:
In fact I have even been thinking about using Surge as an emergency anti catabolic or something. Say you have for whatever reason not been able to eat for an extended period of time due to some crazy circumstance…when you get a chance to get home…down a serving of Surge and it would maybe put you back in an anabolic state (THIS IS JUST SPECULATION ANYONE ELSE CAN CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG).

You wouldn’t want to do that. Surge absorbs very fast and it would spike insulin high as it’s suppose to. If it is not in the morning where cortisol is high, or after a workout where nutrition is partition very well, it’ll most likely just kick start lipogensis. You are probably better off just drink a scoop or two of whey.[/quote]

True …thanks for the correction bro.

So…the verdict for Surge first thing in the AM?

It’s a good idea?