Halcj Bulgarian and Beyond

I’m back! Hit the 140kg rehab goal, full training soon!

AM

Squat: 3x70kg, 3x70kg, 3x70kg, 3x90kg, 3x90kg, 3x90kg, 3x110kg, 2x130kg, 1x140kg (see video)

Bench (no arch, took it easy after squat progress): 5x60kg, 3x9x90kg

PM session will follow later…

damn your squat is better than mine and your younger than me :open_mouth: well done dude ill have to start training harder, how long have you been training ?

Thanks mate, I started training for sport around 11/12 with dumbbells and sprints etc., began full lifting around 12/13, but had a hamstring tendon injury from sprinting when I was 14 so had to begin from scratch with lower body just over a year ago. I spend more time researching/training etc. than anything else and have for a few years; I suppose this is partly why I have progressed quickly.
If you’d like to know anything about my past training or diet just ask - it’s all logged (lol).

PM

Squat: 3x3x70kg (just to loosen up)
Press (careful to keep back safe!): 2x3x60kg, 10x5x50kg Superset with explosive step-ups (sets of 3 with each leg, bar load only)
DB Partial Rows with chest on bench: 3 sets to failure @ ~10 reps
DB Curls: 2x8
DB Reverse Curls: 2x15 (why not?)

Good day overall. Looking to begin program in about a week.

i wish id have started that young ive only been training about a year and a half now , haha i spend alot of time researching too , your from wales ? me too

Yes, born in England though (but support Wales in rugby - family from here!). Good to hear there are other lifters under 18 here, you need to compete! WSA could do with some more younger lifters at the comps.

where about in wales north or south ? yeah not many lifters from around where i am :confused: could you send me a link or something please mate ?

From Llandovery area, train at home or in college (Llandovery Coll.) and have competed in some of the WSA meets in Pontardawe.
If you mean link for federation, www.welshpowerlifting.com

[quote]halcj wrote:
From Llandovery area, train at home or in college (Llandovery Coll.) and have competed in some of the WSA meets in Pontardawe.
If you mean link for federation, Home

im from north wales ,how many times have you competed ? thanks mate

Twice. I was hoping to compete on 7th Dec, but not sure at the moment with injury and lack of full training. I know a couple of lifters have come down from the north, not sure where from though.

ah right well good luck with recovering from the injury mate , id definetely consider competing

Good to hear! Good luck when you do.

i know itll sound stupid but what are the weight classes in powerlifting as i only know olympic weightlifting as 77kg and 85kg

They are different in GBPF from other federations. WSA is partly GBPF and partly BPO, but for clarity they use the BPO categories of:
52kg 56kg 60kg 67.5kg 75kg 82.5kg 90kg 100kg 110kg 125kg 125+kg

ah thanks for clearing that up , i could choose between 75kg and 82.5kg as normally im between 78kg and 79kg bw

Most people recommend going for the higher one if you aren’t used to competing.

[quote]halcj wrote:
Most people recommend going for the higher one if you aren’t used to competing.[/quote]

i used to drop 2-3 kg of water for oly lifting comps but yeah for the first one id want to be comfortable

Rest today, slight tightness in QL and general back/glute area, but definitely a lot better. Training in the morning.

AM

Warm Up etc.
Squat: 2x3x70kg, 2x3x110kg, 1x140kg, 1x150kg

PM

Bench with legs up: 3x60kg, 3x100kg, 6x3x105kg
Pulldown: 4x8
Seated Press: 6x75kg, 5x75kg, 3x10x60kg
Leg Curls: 3x10
Leg ext.: 3x12xfull stack
DB Curls for elbow health: 2x15x20kg e/a

Not bad. Hopefully not much more of this now before I can lift properly again…

Finished off the day with a couple of sets of 5 with 110kg to keep training/retraining the movement and ROM.

Edit: Squats, of course (is there another lift?)