Hair Loss

Hey Peter I’m 22 right now and starting to loose my hair, what’s that Nioxin stuff?

A couple of the staff at T-mag do the Proscar thing I read once. I think TC mentioned it. I’d go that route. Don’t buy propecia when you can get proscar so cheap!

Free, Bob and Mike - you guys have addressed all my concerns and I defer to your better understanding. In return I will do the duties next time this question comes up ;). Looking at all the info here and in other posts (that doesnt seem to get archived) you could easily paste it all into a pretty comprehensive forum FAQ.
Gotta say the surgery sounds even better but is it possible for the new hair to become victim to the original causes of hair loss? (just a query in the interests of protecting a fellow tman’s investment)

BJ…thanks for the info bro…was always curious about that and how it worked out.

Bump for all propecia users or contemplaters interested in acutal “facts” and a bit of “research” on DHT and propecia. Pat arnold has done an article on the role of dihydrotestosterone in bodybuilding and strength training in which he claims that exogenous supplementation has SOME anaboic effects and may benefit IGF-1 levels and CNS strenght function. He also confirms that DHT supression by propecia can cause gyno (as has been confirmed a number of times on this board). Leaving such an unbalanced and misleading thread in the archives raises integrity concerns for me (speaking of integrity - some of the earlier posts speak volumes on the issue). If you are prone to gyno, I strongly suggest that you search for the article. And a note to Whopper if you are reading this - the thread reminds me of how you have kept it real and well mannered since day one.

Dre, thanks for the heads up. I don’t think
I ever (or didn’t intend) to implicate
finasteride as a panacea. I can only report
on the effects it has had on me, and those
few people I personally know that have used
it. Some people are apparently very sensitive
to reductions in DHT. Apparently I am not,
since I haven’t noticed any side effects.
Obviously those people who can’t tolerate it
shouldn’t take it. But for those of us who
can, it works fine. For anyone who has a
problem with MPB they could at least try it.
If they have problems they can always stop
taking it. But I agree with you, from an
integrity perspective, people should be made
aware of the potential side effects of
anything they are considering taking.

Free: you agree with me in one thread and disagree with me on another identical thread? Well for more indepth info check out the Dusteride thread on the steroids board.

My hair was thinning and Folligen reversed it pretty well. I first heard about it from one of Will Brink’s articles.

Why are people so frustrated about this hair loss thing? I am 26 now, always had a high hairline and really started losing hair when I was 20 or 21. The pattern of hair loss is exactly the same as my uncle’s, so the thing is obviously genetic. I bought a nice electric razor gadget and use it every Friday, so my hair is between 1 and 3 mm long. There is a plenty of things to be frustrated about or worry about, so this hair thing is not that much of a problem for me.

Get a nice razor and shave your head keeep it that way for a few months If you do this you will no longer fear the inevitable. In other words be ok with it. Being bald is not a biggie unless you make it one. Women still dig bald guys you just have to have the personality to pull it off. I shaved my head when I was 18 and I will never fear being bald. Good luck.

HyaSynth: There is nothing in my previous
post that conflicts with what I wrote in the
dutasteride thread. Reread them both. The side
effects I’m talking about in this thread are
loss of sex drive etc, not bodybuilding side
effects. In the dutasteride thread I
admitted that there could be sex drive etc.
side effects. In both places I’ve said that
sex drive type side effects could occur in
some people. In both places I’ve said that no
inhibition of bodybuilding occurs from taking
finasteride. And in both places I’ve said that
those people who have adverse reactions to it
should not take it. There is no contradiction
in anything I’ve said on this topic. What
on earth are you talking about?