T Nation

Hair Loss

Hi!Guys i had ben thro a 12 week Deca,D-Bol,Sustanon,Winny Tabs cycle.I am done with recovery as well.I am experiencing hair loss also my hairline is receeding.I’m jus nearin 30.What do i do to stop this hair los due to gear also is this reversible.Pl reply asap.

If you have a pre-deposition for MPB (ie. your dad is bald and his dad is bald) then there is no way of stopping it. It’s genetic.

Try spironolactone (sp?) 5%.

Finesteride

Of course there’s something you can do about it. I did something about it. Do a search on the thread title “Hair Transplant?”.

I take finasteride (Propecia) along with minoxidil (Rogaine). This have effectively stopped my hair loss. I’ve also recently had hair transplant surgery for my frontal hair line. This is the only way to fix the front hair line.

Unfortunately, if you contiue to take certain AAS such as Dbol, all the remedies in the world won’t stop the hair loss. They can only be effective for the things that reduce to DHT via the 5AR enzyme.

As I already said, if the issue includes a genetic signature for MPB, then nothing will help in the long run. All the finasteride, Proscar, Rogaine, Propecia in the WORLD won’t help. These would be just “temporary” solutions, and once you stop using them, the hair loss will continue. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it’s just a fact.

Gee I wonder!?!

Steroids are making me lose my hair, what can I do? HHmmmmm…well STOP TAKING THEM!!

Sorry it just seems so obvious to me.

Shave your head BIIIAAATCH!

J/k.

Seriously though, I’m wondering that since my grandfather on my mother’s side is bald and has been for some time. Am I likely to have inherited MPB. My father’s got a full head, so does his dad. However I think I might have noticed my hair thinnning out in the back after my last cycle (winny/test/eq/d-bol). I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but would appreciate a more thorough explanation if anyone has one.

Unfortunately, MPB is a complicated situation. I’m not expert on genetics, but from what I remember reading in an educational pamphlet (educational pamphlets are ALWAYS right by the way) the notion that the gene is passed down the mother’s side is absolute pablum. The genetics of MPB are complicated and complex, with a multitude of different genes being turned on and off causing MPB.

Baldness myths busted.

THE HAIR LOSS GENE COMES FROM YOUR MOTHER’S SIDE
False, it’s not a dominant gene that causes baldness, but a combination of genes.

And their influence is cumulative.

The more pates shining in your family, the more likely it is that you’ll thin.

Immediate relatives have the most impact - namely your father, brothers and uncles.

FAST GROWING HAIR IS STRONG HAIR
False, although an indicator of overall good health, the rate at which your hair grows has no bearing on when it goes.

BRUSHING IS BETTER THAN COMBING
False, many men believe that brushing stimulates the scalp and increases bloodflow and nutrient delivery to the follicles.

But there’s no research to support this.

CLARIFYING RINSE WORKS WONDERS
False, many products claim to remove excess sebum and oil from the scalp.

But just as there’s no proof that the flourishing follicles prevent hair loss, neither is there evidence that clogged ones hasten it.

SUPPLEMENTS CAN PROTECT YOUR HAIR
True, but only certain kinds.

320 milligrams of saw palmetto berry extract every day can work because its active ingredient inhibits the enzyme that contributes to male pattern baldness.

BLOW DRYING IS BAD FOR YOUR HAIR
False, unless you’re using a blowtorch, it doesn?t matter how you dry your hair.

EATING LOTS OF ANIMAL FAT CAN INCREASE HAIR LOSS
True, a diet high in animal fat can trigger your body to release testosterone into the bloodstream, increasing your risk of hair loss.

That’s because testosterone is converted to dihydrotestosterone, which is believed to shrink the hair follicles.

In fact, this conversion is exactly what’s inhibited by saw palmetto.

FREQUENT SHOWERS AND SHAMPOING CAN DAMAGE HAIR
False, water beating down on your skull doesn’t cause hair to fall out, and neither does frequent washing.

A common problem for most men.

DRINK, SMOKE AND NO EXERCISE CAN CONTRIBUTE TO HAIR LOSS
True, if you have a genetic risk of baldness, bad lifestyle factors can make hair loss happen faster or more severely.

STEROIDS CAN CAUSE EARLY BALDING
True, use of anabolic steroids leads to higher levels of the hormones known to accelerate male pattern hair loss.

Often this is irreversible.

SOME RACES KEEP THEIR HAIR LONGER
True, Afro-Caribbeans and asians are less likely than white men to lose their hair.

It’s partly genetic, and partly the result of their less westernised diets and lifestyles.

STRESS CAN MAKE HAIR FALL OUT
True, every day stress doesn’t cause it.

Rather, it’s life shaking times, such as divorce, a death in the family, or even a crash diet, that are the most dangerous.

Stress induced hair loss is most likely to occur if you have a condition called alopecia areata.

I must post a disclaimer: This information came from Men’s Health, but the information seems to be accurate if what I remember in biology class is correct.

You don’t just inherit traits from one side only. Traits from both sides are combined. If you know which alleles are dominant you can figure out the phenotypes using a Punnett squre.

Mass-you’re incorrect. If you are predetermined to have MPB, propecia and minoxidil will usually stop it. And as far as the balding to contiue when you stop taking the stuff…Don’t stop taking it!

Here’s a Q - anyone out there taking Revivogen? I just started using it (again, after a “too short” trial). Basically, it’s a topical serum that supposedly contains the anti-DHT compound that propecia uses to prevent hair loss. Personally, I prefer the topical stuff to pills, so that’s why I’m using this stuff. I’ll have to wait 6-9 months to know if it is really doing anything, but am curious if anyone else tried it.

Also, I use Nizoral twice per week because it supposedly acts as an adjunt to whatever hair-loss treatment you are on, and only costs about $7 for a couple months worth. Anyone else?

BTW: for a decent cover-up (if you have noticeably thinning hair on the crown), try Nanogen or one of the other keratin-fiber powders. No shit, boyz…the stuff is amazing, and lasts through rain, workouts and the work day. It also lasts about one month or more if you use it every day, and only costs about $20.

I’d go with a transplant, but I’m in the early stages and don’t want to deplete the donor area too much and be left with a funky-ass head of hair and bald spots. Ahh, the vanity of it all.

Oh, yeah…I can’t do the bald look without looking like a rat (ears, nose, weird-shaped head…nuff said)!

Little Jay-nothing is more proven than the Propecia-Minoxidil combo. I feel you’re wasting your money on anything else.

I have to say that propecia does work. I was using it for a while the hair really came back but it does make it easy to store fat and really tough to lose it. I recently got off it and onto the 15% minoxidil from xandrox…I like this alot. There is a 12.5% gel that I use for the front of the head too.
They are once a day at night and a regular 5% minox in the morning

I agree with you 100% Scrappy. DHT is an effective anabolic property. It also has a positive effect on the nervous system. Reducing or eliminating DHT will therefore result in a slight decrease in strength and ultimately, a potential to store excess bodyfat (albeit a minor increase in fat).

Pretty sure those in this thread who were showing signs of losing hair have lost it by now. 16 years is a long time lol

I was one of the poster way back 16 years ago and still haven’t lost my hair!

You need to be on propecia and minoxidil. Throw in nizoral shampoo, Anagen (RU58841), and Spironolactone as well. I have been on these and had no additional loss.

Wow, welcome back from the dead. Ang congratulations on the hair situation! How old are you, if I may ask? Mine’s thinning too and I’m only 28 lol

1 Like

Could be worse, I know someone who went bald at sixteen

This is an anti androgen, it will antagonise the effect of AAS/hormones in general via androgen receptor antagonism… this is not what you want if you’re going to cycle

Furthermore this is an experimental drug, hasn’t been through enough clinical trials to determine whether it’s safe… I believe development was dropped because it’s affinity for the AR was quite low in humans.

You either go bald or you don’t. If you’ve got the genes for balding then AAS, esp androgenic compounds will make you lose you’re hair rather quickly… or at the very least start shedding (many predisposed will start shedding after ONE test cycle, or they’ll start shedding on TRT if they were previously hypogonadal)

Others can run literal androstanolonoe (injectable DHT) without losing a singular hair. I’m going to be trying out Mestanolone within the next month (methyldihydrotestosterone) will see what happens

I’m 45 now. BTW-I use dutasteride instead of finasteride, but either should be fine. You need to act now and go all in if you want to stop it. I did when I was your age and had great results.

1 Like