T Nation

Hair loss

Hi guys,

I just started my first bulking phase ever creating a 300 calorie surplus a little more than 2 weeks ago. About a week after i noticed i started losing some hair, and im still losing it.
Why would these be? is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks,

Rollus

just a coincidence probably.

Whats your diet look like? Have you recently started taking any supplements?

Differences in diet:

I now eat 300 extra calories

My protein upped from 100gs to about 180g

Started applying the Massive eating principles

Supplements:
Multivitamin, Met-rx original(post workout shake)

Its possible that you are lacking something in your diet. The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago. Turned out I wasn’t getting enough good fats and enough vitamins in my diet. I started taking a multi-vitamin and increased the fat intake and the hair grew back. Also, you may have increased testosterone levels. Are you taking any pro-hormones?

Are you prone to hair loss? Do you have family members that have receding hair lines or are bald?

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with your diet.

With protein excess, you should be growing more and stronger hair.  Many people who start high protein diets also notice more resiliant skin and nails.  Try taking a high Gamma vitamin E supp.  Maybe add a fish/borage oil supp.

Ok thx for ur replies guys,
i really dont know what happened, im just 17 so no, i dont think it was a coincidence. I take a multivitamin a day and i eat around 25% cals from fat.
thank god this days my hair hasnt been falling so fast as the first day, but im still worried